• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5.5M per is a massive overpay. He's worth 4M max.

I'm surprised coliaocovo is still available. I like him. Good quickness, nice offensive punch... His entry into the lineup after game one, and huskypants' departure, really changed the blues game.

It's the market, thats the standard these days. Its like a 60 point player getting 5mill a season, you say that as little as 4 years ago people wouldve said its a huge overpayment

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
continuing form the last post, here is my estimate on goals by the current sharks and the big need. These are reasonable estimates based on recent years' performances and while some may be a couple high or low, they are pretty much each guy's recent average production:

Top 6 forwards: Cooch (30), patty (30), pavs (30), clowe (20), havlat (20), jumbo (20)... Total = 150.

current Bottom 5: wingles (8), zues (8), burish (6), Desi (5), Galiardi (8)... Total = 35.

7 D: Boyle (8), burns (10), stuart (5), Vlasic (4), Murray (2), Braun (3), Demers (3)... total: 35

Total Goals on current roster: 220. Thats roughly 2.68 GFA, or pretty much the same as last year, though this year they dont have ginner's 12 goals. Also, these estimates assume a 100% healthy lineup. If they suffer one extended injury to the top 6 or tp D like boyle, then they could easily have far fewer. For example, instead of combined for 40 goals like my estimate, clowe and havlat only combined for 24 goals last year. A similar thing would give the sharks just 204 goals or 2.48 GFA(would have ranked 23rd in the league last year).

Basically they need at least one guy who can pot 20 and another who can put in 15 in order to score enough to be even remotely competitive.

Wingels didnt play a full 82 games neither, Havlat is probably good for 30g, i think Wingels cracks 20 this season because he will be up and down the line up. TJ is a wild card who could get what you predict but he could also go gangbusters and hit 20g

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think much of Wingels, I say 8 goals is his total. I rather have a proven NHL'er than Wingels.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingels didnt play a full 82 games neither, Havlat is probably good for 30g, i think Wingels cracks 20 this season because he will be up and down the line up. TJ is a wild card who could get what you predict but he could also go gangbusters and hit 20g

LOL.. you guys are crazy.

I think TJ is going to get.. like... half what Mitchell got... 4-5 goals tops.

Also keep in mind that he'll be healthy scratched for long stretches.

I really, really, really dislike that scrub.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And suddenly we have a new King idiot... DWil, please step down and take your spot on the 2nd place podieum (sp?)

According to his agent he took significantly less money then a few other teams were offering to play for Yzerman so apparently there are even greater idiots out there.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

20 for Wingels would be fantastic but I see him more in the 10-12 range this year if he's getting consistant 3rd line ice time and maybe some PP time.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Havlat for 30??? Are you crazy? he has only hit 20 in 3 of the last 7 seasons. He hasnt hit 30 since before the lockout, one time. The sharks should be thrilled if they get 20.

Wingels for 20 goals? WHAT? you mean the 3 he got in 33 games last year wasnt an indication. I figure he might improve on that pace (which is roughly 7-8 goals) with upwards of 10 but 20 is not gunna happen. He isnt that good...

I agree about galiardi. He could score 5 or 20. However, I still think it's gunna be closer to the latter since, first, he hasnt ever gotten 20, second he hasnt broken 10 for the last two years, and third he will not be playing with much talent on a 3rd or 4th line and there isnt space (of tmac's will) to give him top 6 minutes.

If the stars align just so and venus is lined up perfectly with the sun, earth, moon, and mars, and the milky way tilts just at the right 7.82 degree angle, the sharks might have a top 10 offense with this roster. however, if anything in the universe is out of place, they could just as easily be at best #15 and at worst in the bottom 10 with any key injury (like to jumbo, havlat again, or cooch).

In other words, right now, they'd be fucked.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL.. you guys are crazy.

I think TJ is going to get.. like... half what Mitchell got... 4-5 goals tops.

Also keep in mind that he'll be healthy scratched for long stretches.

I really, really, really dislike that scrub.

I actually dont. He is the only one of the bottom 6 at this moment that I think has a semblance of top 6 potential. With all due respect to wingels, he showed nothing that makes me believe he is a top 6 forward-to-be. Galiardi though has shown that in his past. I dunno how it's gunna work out for him, but in the right place and with the right coach and linemates, I think he can be an awesome pest who can score 15-20 goals and really be tough to match up against. He's just 24, and 10 days younger than wingels, so it's not like he has hit his prime age just yet. The upside is definitely there, but we'll see...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ would have to play 2nd line minutes and he'd have to shoot the puck in order to have a chance at 20 goals. Basically he'd have to be the complete opposite of the player he was for us last season.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
TJ would have to play 2nd line minutes and he'd have to shoot the puck in order to have a chance at 20 goals. Basically he'd have to be the complete opposite of the player he was for us last season.

yep, pretty much. Though I think last season was not an indication of who he actually is, or at least I hope not. I think he got traded late to a team that was struggling already and was immediately in the doghouse for some reason, because Tmac basically never gave him a shift with real players, and really minimal ince time including a healthy scratch really early on. I think galiardi was not a happy camper, and I actually wouldnt blame him. Clearly dougie and tmac were not communicating there...

This year, with a full training camp and a better defined role, I would expect better.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Sharks need to sign Tim Stapleton. He's a little on the smallish side (5'9"), but he could add a little offensive upside. The only problem is, I've never really seen him play.....so I have little to no idea of how he good he is, lol. His numbers look ok on an average Winnipeg team.

I'd LOVE to get Doan (who wouldn't), but unfortunately, it wouldn't really be up to the Sharks on whether he's available or not. Plus, if I were him and I wanted a 1 year shot at the Cup, why not go to the Kings? If I want a long term shot, I guess the Sharks would be a suitable option. My guess is though, he'll stay with the Coyotes. (EDIT: assuming he wants to stay on the West Coast like Cmon has heard.....otherwise, Detroit would be my pick)

If they can't get either of the above two guys, I'd just hold off and see if you can find a decent trade late in the season. There's really nobody else that I can see that would fulfill a need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, pretty much. Though I think last season was not an indication of who he actually is, or at least I hope not. I think he got traded late to a team that was struggling already and was immediately in the doghouse for some reason, because Tmac basically never gave him a shift with real players, and really minimal ince time including a healthy scratch really early on. I think galiardi was not a happy camper, and I actually wouldnt blame him. Clearly dougie and tmac were not communicating there...

This year, with a full training camp and a better defined role, I would expect better.

I think he was in the doghouse because he completely forgot how to play offensive hockey. Look at his SOG, it was just under 1 per game. I watched a majority of his shifts and he wouldn't even look at the net. He was obsessed with playing the boards and trying to cycle it over and over. It was upsetting to the point it became comical.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina pulled out of the Nash sweepstakes today according to Dreger. Nash probably would have said no to a trade there anyway. Howson was insisting on a package with Jeff Skinner which was a no-go for Carolina. I hope every team stays firm and doesn't give in to that greedy fuck. Let Nash go Heatley on his ass.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was in the doghouse because he completely forgot how to play offensive hockey. Look at his SOG, it was just under 1 per game. I watched a majority of his shifts and he wouldn't even look at the net. He was obsessed with playing the boards and trying to cycle it over and over. It was upsetting to the point it became comical.

Exactly the type of player he is. Torrey Mitchell but with only ~75% of the speed. Zero other skills. Complete waste of a roster spot. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to tell. :p

Carolina pulled out of the Nash sweepstakes today according to Dreger. Nash probably would have said no to a trade there anyway. Howson was insisting on a package with Jeff Skinner which was a no-go for Carolina. I hope every team stays firm and doesn't give in to that greedy fuck. Let Nash go Heatley on his ass.

Yeah, Carolina was never in the sweepstakes because Nash wouldn't waive his NTC for them anyway but they were trying.

I still REALLY hope Dougie doesn't trade for him but I realize we might have to come to terms and accept that that's exactly what he's currently been spending his time working on... :L

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the type of player he is. Torrey Mitchell but with only ~75% of the speed. Zero other skills. Complete waste of a roster spot. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to tell. :p

Yeah, Carolina was never in the sweepstakes because Nash wouldn't waive his NTC for them anyway but they were trying.

I still REALLY hope Dougie doesn't trade for him but I realize we might have to come to terms and accept that that's exactly what he's currently been spending his time working on... :L

Well you don't even have to worry cause Doug Wilson isn't doing anything this off season. Can't wait till the day he's fired, it will be a sweet one.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well you don't even have to worry cause Doug Wilson isn't doing anything this off season. Can't wait till the day he's fired, it will be a sweet one.

Agreed. I am just worried about how much more damage can be inflicted before his departure, which I fear could be substantial. My guess is that if he doesn't act out of desperation now, he will by the trade deadline (this assumes he stands pat with current roster and has similar results as last year, underperforming team struggeling to hold a playoff position, which IMO is likeley to occur). Watch this team get truely decimated when he pulls one last bone head monster move in effort to save his job.

Oh, things will get worse folks.

How's that for a rosey outlook...? lol :faint:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Doug is waiting for Doan! There is no other reason for this shitty ass offseason so far causing Doug to do nothing.

I'm starting to get worried that Doug is going to trade away Pavelski for Nash. :burt:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per DP, Galiardi just filed for arbitration (I believe today was the deadline for doing so)... so he's not just a scrub, he's a greedy scrub. :L

I hope Dougie tells him to GTFO so he can become UFA and go find himself some other team to overpay his sorry ass.

EDIT: He'll probably end up wherever Winnik goes since they're BFFs and can't live without each other.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per DP, Galiardi just filed for arbitration (I believe today was the deadline for doing so)... so he's not just a scrub, he's a greedy scrub. :L

I hope Dougie tells him to GTFO so he can become UFA and go find himself some other team to overpay his sorry ass.

EDIT: He'll probably end up wherever Winnik goes since they're BFFs and can't live without each other.

Cmon will correct me if I'm wrong. However, I believe once a player elects for arbitration, they will be on that team for at least that season. So, if I'm correct, TJ is assured to be a Shark (who can't be traded for the first season) in the 2012-2013 season.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon will correct me if I'm wrong. However, I believe once a player elects for arbitration, they will be on that team for at least that season. So, if I'm correct, TJ is assured to be a Shark (who can't be traded for the first season) in the 2012-2013 season.

Club has the option to walk away