• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like that, I'm sure..

He was/is RFA, right? So he had to have been tendered a QO, right?

Since he made $700k last year, he was probably offered $770k (EDIT: no, $735k, "standard" 5% raise) for next year and by filing for arbitration, he's looking to get another 10% or whatever? /shrug

I still say "fuck him", but that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Per DP, Galiardi just filed for arbitration (I believe today was the deadline for doing so)... so he's not just a scrub, he's a greedy scrub. :L

I hope Dougie tells him to GTFO so he can become UFA and go find himself some other team to overpay his sorry ass.

EDIT: He'll probably end up wherever Winnik goes since they're BFFs and can't live without each other.

This makes little sense to me. how much is he hoping to get. it's one thing if he was playing well and the sharks were trying to short change him, but he has 15 points in each of the last two years, with just 34 career goals in over 180 NHL games and a -12. his numbers dont exactly ring out multimillions, so I just dont get it. If arbitration gives him over 1M, then it's a total sham, cuz there is no way he deserves and big money.

Hopefully he'll get 900k, and the sharks will take the deal. I would be happy to still have him at that price, and I think the upside is there.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take TJ at 750K. Better than Mcarthy, Mashinter, etc.

I gotta give TJ a bit of a pass during his 15 or so games with the Sharks. He was injured and bounced around the lines. One year at under $1 is a low risk contract for potential 10-15 goals with speed. He's also chirpy in games and the Sharks can use guys like that to liven up the bench. I think that does play a role in the energy level a team brings. Can't hurt.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take TJ at 750K. Better than Mcarthy, Mashinter, etc.

I gotta give TJ a bit of a pass during his 15 or so games with the Sharks. He was injured and bounced around the lines. One year at under $1 is a low risk contract for potential 10-15 goals with speed. He's also chirpy in games and the Sharks can use guys like that to liven up the bench. I think that does play a role in the energy level a team brings. Can't hurt.

I wonder if they will put TJ and Burish on the same line together? Re-sign Scott Nichols and that would be a funny line to watch with all the shit talking. :heh:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes little sense to me. how much is he hoping to get. it's one thing if he was playing well and the sharks were trying to short change him, but he has 15 points in each of the last two years, with just 34 career goals in over 180 NHL games and a -12. his numbers dont exactly ring out multimillions, so I just dont get it. If arbitration gives him over 1M, then it's a total sham, cuz there is no way he deserves and big money.

Hopefully he'll get 900k, and the sharks will take the deal. I would be happy to still have him at that price, and I think the upside is there.

Maybe he doesn't want the Sharks to re-sign him?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he doesn't want the Sharks to re-sign him?

That's what I'm thinking. The crybaby is butthurt that they didn't sign Winnik and just wants to become UFA so he can go play with him wherever he goes and this is the quickest/best way to ensure that.

At least I'm hoping Dougie will play along and won't accept the arbitration amount regardless of what it is...

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking. The crybaby is butthurt that they didn't sign Winnik and just wants to become UFA so he can go play with him wherever he goes and this is the quickest/best way to ensure that.

At least I'm hoping Dougie will play along and won't accept the arbitration amount regardless of what it is...

How anyone can have such strong feelings (one way or another) about a guy like Galliardi or other low impact players boggles my mind.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhetorical question: What does a player's impact have to do with the amount of dislike exhibited towards him? :p

EDIT: Basically, to answer your question, I'm beyond tired of having Torrey Mitchell (or a slightly cheaper version in Galiardi) take up a roster spot on the Sharks.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon will correct me if I'm wrong. However, I believe once a player elects for arbitration, they will be on that team for at least that season. So, if I'm correct, TJ is assured to be a Shark (who can't be traded for the first season) in the 2012-2013 season.

Sharks have the option to walk away from the arb award if it's over a certain amount. That amount is a percentage of the average league salary from the previous year. I haven't seen any exact numbers but I'd guess it's now in the $1.4m - $1.5m range possibly even higher. I'll see if I can find an exact number later.

I'm pretty sure, but not positive, the trade restriction only applies to club elected arbitrations.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks have the option to walk away from the arb award if it's over a certain amount. That amount is a percentage of the average league salary from the previous year. I haven't seen any exact numbers but I'd guess it's now in the $1.4m - $1.5m range possibly even higher. I'll see if I can find an exact number later.

I'm pretty sure, but not positive, the trade restriction only applies to club elected arbitrations.

$1.753m appears to be the number.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1.753m appears to be the number.

I don't see an arbitrator giving him $1.7. Comparables? I'd imagine him getting rewarded $1.2 at most. Anything around $1 and he should be brought back.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: T.J. Galiardi Files For Salary Arbitration - Fear The Fin

Galiardi's representation will probably present the likes of Andrew Cogliano, Wayne Simmonds, Jiri Tlusty and Jannik Hansen as comparable players whose contracts, which carry average annual values of $2.39 million, $1.75 million, $1.6 million and $1.3 million, respectively, Galiardi's should be based on. All four had similar levels of production to Galiardi in terms of points-per-game and were seeking their second RFA contracts when they signed their current deals. San Jose will need to counter by making the case that, apart from Cogliano, Galiardi has played significantly easier minutes than the players in question (as well as other potential comparables such as Brandon Sutter, Darren Helm and Jay McClement), in terms of the quality of players he's been deployed against, where he's started his shifts and the talent level of the players Galiardi has shared the ice with (his three most frequent forward linemates at even-strength over his career are Paul Stastny, Chris Stewart and Matt Duchene).

LOL @ comparing himself with some of those named players/salaries.. good luck with that, dude!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, McGinn filed for arbitration and he's retweeting people telling him to sign his contract tonight.. That's pretty great!

I am actually starting to miss that guy more and more...

https://twitter.com/#!/JamieMcGinn64

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tj hasn't played more than 70 games in any season. If he wants anything near $1.5 kick him to the curb.

Unless there are absolutely no better options to fill out the #10-12 spots amongst the forwards.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This one's for Filo...

Rumor has it several people have spotted Wilson with Shea Weber and his agent around San Jose.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one's for Filo...

Rumor has it several people have spotted Wilson with Shea Weber and his agent around San Jose.

Oh, you're a bad man, Cmon.

popcorn.gif

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, you're a bad man, Cmon.

popcorn.gif

Not really my style to spread rumors like this but I trust the person who told me they saw them. I've also seen a few posters on a few different boards claiming the same thing.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha... Weber must REALLY be in disbelief.. (re: Weber 'still in disbelief' that UFA Suter left Nashville)

While the thought of Ryan Suter leaving the Nashville Predators wasn't too shocking to some in the hockey world, it certainly came as a surprise to one of the people who knew him best - his now-former defence partner.

Nashville blueliner Shea Weber, whose status as a restricted free agent is already making headlines this summer, thought Minnesota's new $98 million man would stay with the Predators and build on last season's success.

"He's still in disbelief," Weber's agent Kevin Epp of Titan Sports Management, told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com on Thursday. "They were so close this year in terms of the team's chances. They really had a shot. Shea believed there was a good chance that Ryan would stay there. So right now, Shea is still processing this news."

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really my style to spread rumors like this but I trust the person who told me they saw them. I've also seen a few posters on a few different boards claiming the same thing.

But is Webers agent an agent for any of the current sharks?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone can have such strong feelings (one way or another) about a guy like Galliardi or other low impact players boggles my mind.

I think it stems from what was given up for him. Several disliked the trade from hello and then TJ face planted in teal.