• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:think: so you think today is the day for some ACTION from Doug?

Pollak seems to think we will get some announcements this week. Galiardi's signing, possibly an extention for Vlasic, and something on the new AC. We should also find out about Doan this week.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Monday is the day for some Shark News!

Winnick could be re-signed

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of Winnik not signing with anyone yet.... he's asking for/thinks he's worth way too much and there aren't any takers?

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as though the sharks are not interested in shane doan?.........why...? I cannot find a single article, all I find is sharks have an offer on the table for nash. I'd love to know what the management are thinking about cause they don't seem to care or they are just that stupid.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man.... You know its bad when Im fuckin hammered and theres not even 1 post on this forum that pisses me off to go into a tirade... Guess Ill head over to youtube and listen to phil collins while doing shots of tequila haha

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man.... You know its bad when Im fuckin hammered and theres not even 1 post on this forum that pisses me off to go into a tirade... Guess Ill head over to youtube and listen to phil collins while doing shots of tequila haha

Sharks should trade Couture + for Rick Nash. And go...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Doug Wilson was paying attention to last years playoffs then he needs a player that is Shane Doan. It would be a huge mistake if Doug fails to make a solid offer if Doan walks away from PHX.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Doug Wilson was paying attention to last years playoffs then he needs a player that is Shane Doan. It would be a huge mistake if Doug fails to make a solid offer if Doan walks away from PHX.

Wait until he signs with Detroit before giving us your honest opinion, IMO.. it should only take a couple more days. :p

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: rumor

Has anybody heard anything about Pavelski, Vlasic, 1st round pick for Rick Nash?

Or

Demers & draft pick for Niklas Hjalmarsson

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: rumor

Has anybody heard anything about Pavelski, Vlasic, 1st round pick for Rick Nash?

Oh, I would immediately stop being a Sharks fan.

Demers & draft pick for Niklas Hjalmarsson

I don't care about Demers really, so this one wouldn't bother me as much.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I don't see it happening either, but you never know.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best possible option to complete the Sharks forward lines.

Sign Peter Mueller, Shane Doan, Daniel Winnik, James Sheppard

I know its a very long shot to sign Shane Doan, but he would be a perfect fit on the 3rd line.

Mueller is a mystery since he hasn't proven to get over his head injury.

Sheppard is a wild card and must have shown something to Doug to get a contract offer.

Winnik I thought proved he needs to be resigned, but it looks like there is some issues that needs to be worked out

3rd line
GALIARDI / MUELLER / DOAN
* I feel any of these players could step up and take a spot on the top 2 lines if a injury happens or just a change of space.

4th line
Winnik / Handzus / Burish
*very solid responsible line

I think Dejardins & Handzus compete for the 4th line center
Wingels and Sheppard compete for the last possible spot to stick around on this roster as a scratch.

:think: Also what do you guys think of brining back Scott Hannan as a bottom pair Dman?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
galiardi's salary is officially 950k. that's about right to me...

I would say TJ is the biggest wild card on the roster right now. He could be a total zero, healthy scratch, and distraction. OR, he could put up 15-20 goals, 40+ pts and become a 24/25 year old top 6 forward. I could really see it going either way. I'd still rather have ginner, but giving galiardi a legitimate chance with real linemates would behoove the sharks in the long run. A top 6 or even top 9 forward (or top 4 D) for under 1M is the kind of thing that brings cups, just ask dwight king, alec martinez, and slava Voynov.

You also gotta figure galiardi is motivated big time. He knows this 1 year deal is his big tryout. He had a big time rookie season, but 2 bad years since. One more bad year, and he will become one of a large heap of depth junk and his one good year wont buy him anything. He also knows if he steps up and performs, he will be able to cash in on the next contract. He'll have the full training camp to make an impression, so it should be intriguing...

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
P.S. I should add that per 82 games, TJ has 15G, 17A. That's respectable, and bodes well for this upcoming year if given the opportunity and linemates. If he is stuck at 8 mins/game playng with desi and zues, then we wont see much.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, I expect nothing out of Galiardi so if he does anything at all meaningful (if he's not healthy scratched every game), it'll be a bonus for me.

Until I'm convinced otherwise, I still think it's a waste of $950k but oh well.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that there's anyway that Dougie bends over and takes it in the arse in regards to Nash. Remember when Ottawa wanted him to trade for Heatley before the bonus was paid? They also wanted Michalek and Vlasic if I remember correctly. Pavs should be pretty safe, he was probably a big reason why they brought in Burrish. I think they view him as a core guy unless the return is ridiculous (i.e. - Pavs+++ for Shea Weber). If there is a rumor out there for Hjalmarsson, then I bet it's because DWil is anticipating to trade Vlasic in a deal for Nash. Hammer and Vlasic are almost identical except that Vlasic has a better stick and gap control (imhumbleo) and Hammer is more physical and makes a better first pass. All this is my opinions though after watching maybe 20 or less games of Hammer, so I could be dead wrong.

I think Demers is going to have a great comeback year this season. I don't think he worked hard enough last off-season after his injury in the playoffs and got caught with his pants down once the season started and the Sharks had other options on defense. Between him hopefully preparing better for the season and under tutelage from Larry Robinson, I think he'll get back on the path he should have been on. Then again, I'm a huge Demers apologist.....so there's that.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean, if Demers is actually serious about learning, developing his skills and (most importantly?) coming to camp/pre-season in shape, unlike last year, that would be a good start...

It's bad enough that he looked out of shape in those pre-season golf tourney shots that I think I posted back in September/October but it's even more embarrassing when your teammates make fat jokes about you on twitter (recently Clowe posting something about some weight loss/get in shape thing a week or two ago and Couture retweeting it with some "Is this for Demers?" type comment)... :L

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean, if Demers is actually serious about learning, developing his skills and (most importantly?) coming to camp/pre-season in shape, unlike last year, that would be a good start...

It's bad enough that he looked out of shape in those pre-season golf tourney shots that I think I posted back in September/October but it's even more embarrassing when your teammates make fat jokes about you on twitter (recently Clowe posting something about some weight loss/get in shape thing a week or two ago and Couture retweeting it with some "Is this for Demers?" type comment)... :L

He may never get "it", about being a professional. Poor Steve Bernier never learned. The reason why I'm so high on Demers is that the kid has good skating ability, he's got a great wrist shot, he can make a good outlet pass, he's got some offensive upside (I'd say a 25-30pt defenseman if he progresses) and he can play physically. Those types of defensemen don't grow on trees. If he can get better in his own end and stay in shape, I think he'll be like a Bret Hedican type defenseman.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree much any of that, filo...

I would love for him to get his shit in order and play up to his potential (more consistently if not always).. that would be awesome.

I just personally don't feel like he will... but I would love to be wrong (again)! :p

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And David Pollak wins the most enticing tweet of the week award with:

@PollakOnSharks
#Sjsharks on list of teams courting Doan. "Yes there is strong mutual interest. Have been in contact with Mr. Wilson" -- agent Terry Bross.