• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Normally yes, but it sounds like sticking close to home and playing for a contender are what he'd be looking for in a new team. That's going to weed out a lot of the competition.

Famous words of every Free Agent... then whammy, heres the money and they book to wherever...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Famous words of every Free Agent... then whammy, heres the money and they book to wherever...

Very true but at the same time Doan has gone to great lengths already to stay close to his family.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Very true but at the same time Doan has gone to great lengths already to stay close to his family.

Id give him 5 years, 20M in a blink, or 3 years 15M. Doan is the kind of player who could take the sharks to the next level. The sharks have not brought in a top 6 forward from outside the organization since JT. The culture at the top is stagnant. Doan would bring instant respect into the locker room and provide nice offensive pop and major heart. If there is any way to get him in SJ, you gotta go for it.

I would even consider 5 years, 22.5M (4.5 per, same as whitney). The last 2 years might be pretty bad, but his leadership abilities are worth 2 or 3M alone, kinda like the Andreychuk effect. In tampa's winning year, he was the soul of the team. He only had 39 points, and was -8, and only 1 goal in the PO run, but his leadership was huge. Doan may eventually be a 15 goal, 30-40 pt 3rd liner in effect, but that production is worth 2M and heart is worth 2M, so he's still a 4M player even in that role.

EDIT: i forgot that they brought in heater. Not exactly the most dedicated and hearty player...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Salvador resigns with the devils, I'm guessing parise is staying a devil

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello!?!?! Doug Wilson are you going to do anything today?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a feeling that the Sharks are getting Nash! If we do I sure hope Doug doesn't involve Pavelski & or Couture.

Kevin Kurz on CSNBA says a deal is set.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You think Donald fehr has anything to do with it?

What would the PA accomplish by stalling their signings? I think it's just a matter of 26/27 year old kids taking time to make the most important decision of their lives.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a feeling that the Sharks are getting Nash! If we do I sure hope Doug doesn't involve Pavelski & or Couture.

What the F! Seriously? Perhaps Nash is plan B in case Doan doesn't come through? Doan costs zero assets, just cap space. Even a good deal for Nash involves Clowe and Demers/Braun.

Can you link me to what Kurz reported?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It's the same offer that's been on the table for some time now. Howson didn't accept it when it was first offered I don't think he's going to accept it now.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What would the PA accomplish by stalling their signings? I think it's just a matter of 26/27 year old kids taking time to make the most important decision of their lives.

Stalling cause one team to get impatient, then they come back with an even bigger offer, then the trickle down effect to other players getting bigger contracts as well

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stalling cause one team to get impatient, then they come back with an even bigger offer, then the trickle down effect to other players getting bigger contracts as well

Their agent is going to do that to some extent anyways. If he doesn't he shouldn't be their agent. From the sounds of it all the interested teams have put their best offers on the table and the ball is in the players court.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having nash and doan together would be awesome if possible. I don't mind ryane clowe and demers going but braun I would hate to lose. at the same time Nash would help big time on PK he's just flat out dangerous.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Kristian Huselius? He should come cheap and has the skill to play a top 6 role. We can also place bets on who spends more time on the IR, him or Martin Half-glass.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
having nash and doan together would be awesome if possible. I don't mind ryane clowe and demers going but braun I would hate to lose. at the same time Nash would help big time on PK he's just flat out dangerous.

I jut dont see a real good deal for nash going down right now. I dunno if I would even sign him for 7.8M as a UFA right now. He'd probably only get 7-8M anyways if Sid and Gino can get 8.7. He's the 5th highest paid player in the entire league, but I wouldnt put him in the top 10 or maybe not even the top 20 most valuable players. His salary is not great value. If anything, its maybe even which, to me, makes trading him for pavs even straight up as a mistake. The only way I would trade for him is if questionable salary goes the other way too in the form of murray, zues, or the like. A deal with Pavs + Clowe is more valuable than nash IMO and the salary is a wash, so it makes no sense from the sharks perspective to reduce their depth even further.

Clowe+Murray+ Nemo+ 1st rounder would be just fine. Aside from Zues and Burish (Argh!), that pretty much unloads all the iffy salaries on the sharks while giving CBJ what they would want (top 6 F, #1 G, 1st round pick), since I don't think they want to give bob the unquestioned #1 job. With stalock replacing nemo, that would actually save the sharks around 1M on the cap, giving them space to add doan. This would be my dream deal:

Thornton, marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Havlat, Nash, and Doan as your top 7. That's a legit lineup and allows pavs to drop to the 3rd line C position where he was really good a couple years ago solidifying a third line. Pavs-Wingels-Zues is not too bad, though I wuld hppe they try to add another 3rd liner toward the deadline.

Last edited by a moderator: