• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok news update out of Chicago - If your wondering why I always post chicago rumors in the SJ forum, its because Im hoping SJ can piltch players off of them when they go over the cap. Chicago has supposely offered BOTH Paraise & Suter big ass contracts that they are contemplating accepting. With that said, it was already reported that if Paraise signed, then Kane would most likely be moved. If they signed BOTH, im pretty sure they would have to move multiple guys to be under the cap. It was mentioned a Kane for Ryan Miller trade would be a possibility (makes sence)...
Anywhooo I think SJ should wait to see if these guys both sign with Chi, because there are a nice handful of players on the Hawks that Id rather have them trade for then Nash, and they would come cheaper since Chi would need to shed cap space, and the players make less then Nash... Sharp & Kane are 2 Id really want. Bolland, Stalberg, Shaw & Hjalm also interest me. Any package including Marleau, Niemi, Clowe, Handzues (hahah YEA RIGHT!) picks & prospects (Oh wait, we dont have any) would be fine with me...

Common Chicago, do something stupid and put yourself over the cap so we can New Jersey Devils you!

Oh, BTW why doesnt seem to want Jagr on the team? His asking price of $4mil/1yr is perfect. Id take old man Jagr over glass bones Havlett

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McKenzie and LeBrun tweeting Parise down to two teams (NJ and Pitt) and Suter down to three (Nash, Det, Min).

Also came across this gem

John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620 said:
Shane Doans priority is to remain a Coyote but if the Glendale lease deal is delayed beyond July 7th look for him to entertain offers. If that happens San Jose could be the leader for Captain Coyotes services. Doan is looking for a 5-year deal with Phx.

I love Doan but I think 3 years would be the max to give him.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie and LeBrun tweeting Parise down to two teams (NJ and Pitt) and Suter down to three (Nash, Det, Min).

Sounds about right to me... I'd be shocked if Parise ended up anywhere other than Pittsburgh or NJ (even before seeing that tweet).

Suter would be stupid to pass up Detroit over Nashville (2nd choice) or Minnesota (WHAT?).

Also, yes please on Doan to SJ... money/term don't matter to me. Overpay him, I don't care.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Also came across this gem

I love Doan but I think 3 years would be the max to give him.

Gotta give in to get results... His pts have remained in the same area as long as I can remember (with the exception of the one year he had like 80)... Id throw him 5 years if thats what it takes to get him here... Front load that bitch. 7, 6, 6, 3, 2 haha

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds about right to me... I'd be shocked if Parise ended up anywhere other than Pittsburgh or NJ (even before seeing that tweet).

Suter would be stupid to pass up Detroit over Nashville (2nd choice) or Minnesota (WHAT?).

Also, yes please on Doan to SJ... money/term don't matter to me. Overpay him, I don't care.

Not really, if you look at the age of the Detroit roster and them losing depth, if im Suter i stay with Nashville. Young stud goalie in Rinnie, obviously Weber, Colin Wilson coming along, the Kommie Brothers,Fisher, so forth and so on

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, if you look at the age of the Detroit roster and them losing depth, if im Suter i stay with Nashville. Young stud goalie in Rinnie, obviously Weber, Colin Wilson coming along, the Kommie Brothers,Fisher, so forth and so on

True but I'm guessing a) Detroit would pay him more and b) Nashville won't be able/want to afford Weber's next contract next year so I'd definitely pick Detroit... especially if he also wants a few legit shots at a cup (Nashville isn't that close even though they made a more convincing push this year than usual, IMO).

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matsumoto? Ahhh shit another Japanese guy!!! hopefully he is better the Fukufuji...

JonMats.jpg

Jon Matsumoto, huh? Not exactly what I had pictured...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats-racist.gif

(LOL... sorry, I had to! :p)

Lol, it's not racist it's racial profiling, big difference...

Wonder if he's good at math?

Okay now that may have been racist.

[/scarcasm]

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson should break the bank for Doan. If it's true he only wants one year, that's absolutely perfect. Overpay and give him $7, it's just one year.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he's 35 and he wants 5 years? At the style he plays he may break down hard, and soon.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson should break the bank for Doan. If it's true he only wants one year, that's absolutely perfect. Overpay and give him $7, it's just one year.

Doan wanting a one year deal was speculation on my part going under the assumption he would give the Yotes a year to figure out the ownership issues then go back to them if they are set to remain in Pheonix.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan wanting a one year deal was speculation on my part going under the assumption he would give the Yotes a year to figure out the ownership issues then go back to them if they are set to remain in Pheonix.

Well, you're a reliable source in my book.

Rumor monger! lol

Yeah but Doan wanting 5 years will probably get 3 or 4. Give him 2 but higher than normal salary.

2 years, $7 per?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, you're a reliable source in my book.

Rumor monger! lol

Yeah but Doan wanting 5 years will probably get 3 or 4. Give him 2 but higher than normal salary.

2 years, $7 per?

I doubt he'll cost that much even with a lot of suitors for his services. If it's a one year deal I think it will be in the $5.0m - $5.5m range. Most likely something simular to Whitney if it's a multiple year deal.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it's not racist it's racial profiling, big difference...

Wonder if he's good at math?

Okay now that may have been racist.

[/scarcasm]

Haha.. nicely done! And no worries, I wasn't serious anyway (in case it came across teh interwebs that way)... all in good clean fun.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he'll cost that much even with a lot of suitors for his services. If it's a one year deal I think it will be in the $5.0m - $5.5m range. Most likely something simular to Whitney if it's a multiple year deal.

But wouldn't that naturally drive up the price? At his age, this will likely be his last chance to command a high salary and he should look for at least 3 years. A one year deal would be shocking, unless, like you said, he wants a chance to go back to PHX. A one year deal with the Sharks around $5.5 would be terrific. I guess I am overestimating Doan's leverage.

So begins the daydreaming of Doan in teal.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But wouldn't that naturally drive up the price? At his age, this will likely be his last chance to command a high salary and he should look for at least 3 years. A one year deal would be shocking, unless, like you said, he wants a chance to go back to PHX. A one year deal with the Sharks around $5.5 would be terrific. I guess I am overestimating Doan's leverage.

So begins the daydreaming of Doan in teal.

Normally yes, but it sounds like sticking close to home and playing for a contender are what he'd be looking for in a new team. That's going to weed out a lot of the competition.