• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy geez, Parise with Crosby? That's not fair.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hasn't he just had the 1 good year? Going off the top of my head, so I can be totally off on that.
As far as the $$$ goes, after all is said and done, you could be right about that.

He's had two good years (20g, 53 pts) last year. He is a solid top 6 forward and was one a total crap team. On a better team, he could be a real stud.

Colorado is a PO team next year and as of now, the sharks may not be. Their top 9 are: duchene, Stastny, landeskog, parenteau, Downie, O'rielly, hejduk, Jones, and Mcginn. That's a very solid top 9 and they have some legit depth coming up too. Their D isnt not bad either, and they can play. I like their moves.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's had two good years (20g, 53 pts) last year. He is a solid top 6 forward and was one a total crap team. On a better team, he could be a real stud.

Colorado is a PO team next year and as of now, the sharks may not be. Their top 9 are: duchene, Stastny, landeskog, parenteau, Downie, O'rielly, hejduk, Jones, and Mcginn. That's a very solid top 9 and they have some legit depth coming up too. Their D isnt not bad either, and they can play. I like their moves.

I disagree he's leaving a multi dimensional player in Tavares to play alongside a one dimensional player in Duchene. I don't think the Av's have the centers to support either one of those guys, i think a 15-20pnt drop in point production is in Parentaus future

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tootoo at $1.9M per for 3 years in DET is a headscratcher. Was Holland drunk?

Also LOL @ the Ducks replacing Parros with Staubitz AND signing Souray to a 3-year/$11M deal. Wow.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ducks gave $3.6 per year to Souray for 3 years???!!! Anyone think Stuart is overpaid now???

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree he's leaving a multi dimensional player in Tavares to play alongside a one dimensional player in Duchene. I don't think the Av's have the centers to support either one of those guys, i think a 15-20pnt drop in point production is in Parentaus future

You might be right, but even if so, he'll put up 50 pts which is usually good for 5M nowadays judging by many other signings particularly given his age, and he seems reasonable defensively. I also remember him being pretty solid in his matchups with SJ. I woulda been very pleased to see dougie sign this deal and it would surely be a whole lot better than the fact that he has about 7M commited to murray, zues, and burish (2 4th liners and a #6 dman). That's poor management.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tootoo at $1.9M per for 3 years in DET is a headscratcher. Was Holland drunk?

Also LOL @ the Ducks replacing Parros with Staubitz AND signing Souray to a 3-year/$11M deal. Wow.

Not really, Detroits only shit stirrer's are Anklebiter and Eaves and they arent very good at it, they are just adding a solid agitator who can actually play.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
6 years 4.6 per year for Garrison

That one is interesting. Could be the bet or worst deal of the UFA season. here's a guy who actually had 1 good year, but he's 27, and supposedly entering the prime. This is some serious pay for potential, but if he puts up 40+ pts and 15+ goals a year on a team that already had guys like edler and bieksa, they are gunna be scary again ala 2011 with ehrhoff, salo, bieka, and edler...

Good signing by the nucks. Gotta roll the dice to win a cup...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ducks gave $3.6 per year to Souray for 3 years???!!! Anyone think Stuart is overpaid now???

Wow, high risk high reward signing right there, i honestly have no idea what Bob Murray is doing with that team right now, but it sucks so keep up the good work Bob lol

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is interesting. Could be the bet or worst deal of the UFA season. here's a guy who actually had 1 good year, but he's 27, and supposedly entering the prime. This is some serious pay for potential, but if he puts up 40+ pts and 15+ goals a year on a team that already had guys like edler and bieksa, they are gunna be scary again ala 2011 with ehrhoff, salo, bieka, and edler...

Good signing by the nucks. Gotta roll the dice to win a cup...

Salo signed with Tampa.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, Detroits only shit stirrer's are Anklebiter and Eaves and they arent very good at it, they are just adding a solid agitator who can actually play.

I was with you up until the bold part... Hah!

Tootoo is a talentless hack. Does not belong in the NHL and never did.

Also, they don't need agitators on that team. They've done fine without them for years, why change that now? And why not get a decent one instead of this jackass instead?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it safe to say we are all doing this today :burt: because of what Doug has done so far!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, high risk high reward signing right there, i honestly have no idea what Bob Murray is doing with that team right now, but it sucks so keep up the good work Bob lol

High risk definitely, I don't see the reward. Souray does not have 3 good years in him....I don't know their cap situation, maybe they are at the floor and needed to sign someone? That's the only way this makes sense to me.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was with you up until the bold part... Hah!

Tootoo is a talentless hack. Does not belong in the NHL and never did.

Also, they don't need agitators on that team. They've done fine without them for years, why change that now? And why not get a decent one instead of this jackass instead?

Since he has been sober he is a completely different player, i would've agreed with you 2 years ago prior to him checking into rehab, but he has been a solid player for Trots and the preds ever since he cleaned up. He plays an honest hard game.

They won most of their cups with atleast 2 good agitators, draper,maltby,brown, and Mccarty to name a few

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha... well, it could have been worse, so I'm not stressing yet.

Still some good players left out there so hopefully he's not done signing people.

Would still love to have Winnik but I think that boat has sailed, unfortunately.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he has been sober he is a completely different player, i would've agreed with you 2 years ago prior to him checking into rehab, but he has been a solid player for Trots and the preds ever since he cleaned up. He plays an honest hard game.

You might be right... I'll have to watch him a little and re-assess.

He hadn't been playing much (healthy scratched a shit ton?) so he must have been in Trotz' doghouse and I know he was an whiny little bitch about it (class act right there)...