• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 163

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you like our pitching rotation to look like, should we make the playoffs?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you like our pitching rotation to look like, should we make the playoffs?

Darvish
Holland
Garza
Perez

Ogando to the bullpen for long relief / reliable arm to get a couple innings.

But lets get past tonight / Wednesday first.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darvish/Holland/Perez/Garza..........Actually, might not have Holland in the #2 hole. But Perez looks a little fatigued doesn't he? He'll be on an extremely short lease tonight.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the entire organization is somewhat held hostage by Wash at this point. If he wins the next 2 games, we're one of 2 teams to make the PO for 4 straight seasons. So if your JD/Nolan what do you do?

Go for 5?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the entire organization is somewhat held hostage by Wash at this point. If he wins the next 2 games, we're one of 2 teams to make the PO for 4 straight seasons. So if your JD/Nolan what do you do?

Go for 5?

don't like some of his decisions but don't feel like we're being held hostage

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't like some of his decisions but don't feel like we're being held hostage

Most seem to want him gone, but you can't fire a guy who keeps winning. Wash isn't holding anyone to anything, but the organization can't make a negative decision toward Wash when his teams keep winning, especially this season when so many things have gone wrong.

That was my point; such that it was.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Most seem to want him gone"

certainly the core of this boards regulars do. Not sure that's an accurate call among most baseball fans that follow this team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be the better team for Cleveland to play??

Texas or Tampa?

I can't lean towards either, both would be tough. Texas has a ridiculous offense, Tampa has a ridiculous pitching staff.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Most seem to want him gone"

certainly the core of this boards regulars do. Not sure that's an accurate call among most baseball fans that follow this team.

Can't imagine that you are in the Wash court. His moves, or lack thereof/loyalty, are in question damn near every game. Seriously. It's rare to go more than 2 games and not have a head scratchier from Wash. Agree?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be the better team for Cleveland to play??

Texas or Tampa?

I can't lean towards either, both would be tough. Texas has a ridiculous offense, Tampa has a ridiculous pitching staff.
Have you watched Texas at all this year? Texas' pitching staff is the backbone of this team now. These aren't the same Rangers.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most seem to want him gone, but you can't fire a guy who keeps winning. Wash isn't holding anyone to anything, but the organization can't make a negative decision toward Wash when his teams keep winning, especially this season when so many things have gone wrong.

That was my point; such that it was.

Why would you want "to fire a guy who keeps winning?" I don't think anybody in the organization wants him gone or anyone has a negative opinion of him or sees the need to make a negative decision. That is, anyone of any consequence. I just don't see it. The Cowboys had 20 winning season in a row, but I never heard anybody say, "damn, old Tom has really got Tex Schramm over a barrel with all this winning". You ask what would it take for JD/Nolan to get rid of him. How about a players revolt and a 3rd place finish? Can't wait for that....again.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want "to fire a guy who keeps winning?" I don't think anybody in the organization wants him gone or anyone has a negative opinion of him or sees the need to make a negative decision. That is, anyone of any consequence. I just don't see it. The Cowboys had 20 winning season in a row, but I never heard anybody say, "damn, old Tom has really got Tex Schramm over a barrel with all this winning". You ask what would it take for JD/Nolan to get rid of him. How about a players revolt and a 3rd place finish? Can't wait for that....again.

I'm not suggesting such. But if you have watched "even a little" of Washington's decisions (i.e. Murphy playing damn near the entire season in LF) then you would know why there is a lot of folks who feel Wash is a very poor decision maker. National consensus seems to reflect the same.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine that you are in the Wash court. His moves, or lack thereof/loyalty, are in question damn near every game. Seriously. It's rare to go more than 2 games and not have a head scratchier from Wash. Agree?

i imagine that there are fans of every team that question some of the moves of their managers but the way i look at it they have been doing nothing but baseball for years and their judgement on the game is better than mine. i probably don't agree with half of what he does but he gets paid to make those decisions i don't and JD has already given him a vote of confidence by announcing that he expects him back next season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Sir....if you know me then you know I'm in the results court. I don't subscribe to the Rangers having superior talent and all any manager has to do is roll the ball out there. That's still comical to me. I happen to think a manager in today's games, number one priority is to have his team bust their ass 162 games. I still think that happens with the Rangers, his team plays hard for him. That has more value to team with the money in today's game than I think most of you are capable of thinking about when ripping the line-up daily. I also value 4 straight seasons of playoff baseball more than second guessing the manager regardless if the team won or lost. I'm thankful for what the Texas Rangers have become. I put that on ownership, Nolan, JD, Washington and his staff

Last edited by a moderator:

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sir....if you know me then you know I'm in the results court. I don't subscribe to the Rangers having superior talent and all any manager has to do is roll the ball out there. That's still comical to me. I happen to think a manager in today's games, number one priority is to have his team bust their ass 162 games. I still think that happens with the Rangers, his team plays hard for him. That has more value to team with the money in today's game than I think most of you are capable of thinking about when ripping the line-up daily. I also value 4 straight seasons of playoff baseball more than second guessing the manager regardless if the team won or lost. I'm thankful for what the Texas Rangers have become. I put that on ownership, Nolan, JD, Washington and his staff

Cart before the horse pardner. Rangers haven't made the playoffs yet. 3 seasons and holding.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
120 million dollar payroll, but you claim they don't have superior talent. If that's the case, the front office isn't as good as you claim, because who pays 120 million for mediocre talent?