• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 163

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Al on all points ... but I was being realistic. Am more worried about Martin against Price than AJ though.

True. AJ is still a pretty safe bet to at least put a ball in play if that's all we need. Can't necessarily say the same for Martin against a lefty like price.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I would slot him in just yet for the third spot. 5th honestly might be too high given the 50 game break. We might be expecting way too much of Cruz. I really don't know yet. I am hoping that we are not. Say he does do well tonight and it sparks them to victory then I would keep him at 5. Rios has been doing fairly decent at 3. I also like the ability for Rios to steal and run ahead of Beltre and Cruz. He easily scores on singles by them.

I'm thinking one game against a guy he's done well against in the past. It's purely the hope he gets his bat head through on a fast ball. One spot is as good as the other in most cases, just think having Rio's behind Beltre for this one might see more clutch ab requirements.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey ... we're talking about Wash here ... most controversial thing he's going to want to do is put Cruz in the #5 spot. He's going to play AJ behind the plate so he keeps both Martin and Gentry on the field at the same time. So realistically ... although perhaps not ideally ... Soto will not start.

No way Murphy starts. That's the one thing we can all be confident in.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm thinking one game against a guy he's done well against in the past. It's purely the hope he gets his bat head through on a fast ball. One spot is as good as the other in most cases, just think having Rio's behind Beltre for this one might see more clutch ab requirements.

Maybe Rios is doing well because Beltre is behind him? I don't see Rios behind Beltre as being the same as Cruz behind Beltre. If I am David Price ... that would scare me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Rios is doing well because Beltre is behind him? I don't see Rios behind Beltre as being the same as Cruz behind Beltre. If I am David Price ... that would scare me.

six one way half dozen the other. Rio's has been the same hitter all year regardless where he hit or whom hit behind him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was Rios isn't going to protect Beltre ... whereas Cruz does.

and I disagree because with runner at 2nd and two outs with Beltre up....give me Rio's in that 2 out first and second situation

Tonight,,,cruz should be swinging from his heels....that is the only justification for starting him in the first place. He's going to have real time issues with ML off speed stuff tonight. It's the mistake pitch we're after here

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
six one way half dozen the other. Rio's has been the same hitter all year regardless where he hit or whom hit behind him.

Yes but it's not about how rios hits depending on where he is on the lineup, it is about someone hitting behind Beltre that the pitcher is afraid of. Cruz fits the bill. Rios doesn't. That's why rios/Beltre/Cruz makes the most sense to me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I disagree because with runner at 2nd and two outs with Beltre up....give me Rio's in that 2 out first and second situation

Tonight,,,cruz should be swinging from his heels....that is the only justification for starting him in the first place. He's going to have real time issues with ML off speed stuff tonight. It's the mistake pitch we're after here

Maybe so, but pitchers will not be afraid of pitching to rios with runners on first and second like they would Cruz. Cruz is dangerous no matter how long he's been out, and I guarantee price will be thinking about how Cruz has hurt him in the past. Having rios hitting behind Beltre pretty much guarantees Beltre won't get anything to hit.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its a trick ... TEX activates Colby off the 60day DL before the lineup cards are exchanged ... and not only throws out the ceremonial first pitch ... but stays on the mound and goes a scoreless 5.0IP.

Yep. This thought crossed my mind as well. :yahoo:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Al on all points ... but I was being realistic. Am more worried about Martin against Price than AJ though.

I like the fact that we are facing a primarily fastball pitcher so I feel better about Martin's chances. Moreland, too. My biggest concern for us is on the mound. TB usually shows good patience and puts the ball in play. It will be a chore for a rookie in a do or die game who sometimes loses focus. If he winds up pitching from behind in the count to TB hitters he could see a quick hook.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that we are facing a primarily fastball pitcher so I feel better about Martin's chances. Moreland, too. My biggest concern for us is on the mound. TB usually shows good patience and puts the ball in play. It will be a chore for a rookie in a do or die game who sometimes loses focus. If he winds up pitching from behind in the count to TB hitters he could see a quick hook.

Martin is a pitch to contact pitcher. Keep it away from the middle of the plate and he'll be fine.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but it's not about how rios hits depending on where he is on the lineup, it is about someone hitting behind Beltre that the pitcher is afraid of. Cruz fits the bill. Rios doesn't. That's why rios/Beltre/Cruz makes the most sense to me.

:agree:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but pitchers will not be afraid of pitching to rios with runners on first and second like they would Cruz. Cruz is dangerous no matter how long he's been out, and I guarantee price will be thinking about how Cruz has hurt him in the past. Having rios hitting behind Beltre pretty much guarantees Beltre won't get anything to hit.

:agree: too!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's worth noting that Cruz is 9-21 with 3 HRs against Price lifetime. He's got to be rusty, but still, that's some amazingly good offensive numbers against a top pitcher.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rios does have 2 HR and is 10-23 vs Price and he has been playing everyday, either way if the Rangers have their usual success vs Price we will be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler 2B,
Andrus SS,
Rios RF,
Beltre 3B,
Pierzynski C,