• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 163

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the lineup tonight and even the pitching matchup since we got good history vs Price and TB in the playoffs as well. I sure hope they get this one and the next vs the Tribe. I think the Tribe will be tougher if we even make it that far. I won't be able to go to a game unless they make the division series, I got my fingers crossed. GO RANGERS!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
120 million dollar payroll, but you claim they don't have superior talent. If that's the case, the front office isn't as good as you claim, because who pays 120 million for mediocre talent?

so payroll determines talent?
You remain lost on your best day. Play to your strengths

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinions vary then, cause this is a as much a playoff game as Wednesday will be

MLB calls this a regular season game. Wash did not submit a playoff roster. This game is simply to determine who the 2nd WC team is, and thus makes the playoffs.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even catch that. Nice one.

Yeah....beat me too it. haha

Oh well. Let's just hope we can make it past tonight and debate all this Wash stuff at a later date.

Tonight and tomorrow - hope-hope-hope - is an all-hands-on-deck kind of situation.

GO RANGERS

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB calls this a regular season game. Wash did not submit a playoff roster. This game is simply to determine who the 2nd WC team is, and thus makes the playoffs.

I remain good with my opinion of what this game is
BUT
pin a star on your chest anyways.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the economics of baseball. Players receive contracts based on their perceived talent level. This is not some grand mystery. Texas has one of the best pitching staffs in baseball that is loaded with superior talent. I don't know how you can claim otherwise. The offense is not as talented as the pitching, but you act like they are a bunch of replacement level role players.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well. Let's just hope we can make it past tonight and debate all this Wash stuff at a later date.

Tonight and tomorrow - hope-hope-hope - is an all-hands-on-deck kind of situation.

GO RANGERS

hey man....you get credit. The group still loves you

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO RANGERS
If they win the WS, I don't give a damn how long he stays. Cannot take a championship away from them. Do I expect that to happen? Not by a long shot.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO....But player salary should reflect the management of payroll. And this is a true reflection of front office utilization of budget.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the economics of baseball. Players receive contracts based on their perceived talent level. This is not some grand mystery. Texas has one of the best pitching staffs in baseball that is loaded with superior talent. I don't know how you can claim otherwise. The offense is not as talented as the pitching, but you act like they are a bunch of replacement level role players.

I didn't say anything other than they do not have league superior talent.

Perceived talent level? Shit, for such a smart guy, that is the stupidest thing I've read today.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sir....if you know me then you know I'm in the results court. I don't subscribe to the Rangers having superior talent and all any manager has to do is roll the ball out there. That's still comical to me. I happen to think a manager in today's games, number one priority is to have his team bust their ass 162 games. I still think that happens with the Rangers, his team plays hard for him. That has more value to team with the money in today's game than I think most of you are capable of thinking about when ripping the line-up daily. I also value 4 straight seasons of playoff baseball more than second guessing the manager regardless if the team won or lost. I'm thankful for what the Texas Rangers have become. I put that on ownership, Nolan, JD, Washington and his staff

We don't always agree on everything, but this is one of the best posts I've seen. Is Wash the best tactical manager in baseball? LMAO, not hardly, although there's no guarantee the arm chair QB's decisions are any more correct. But to your main point, how is Wash at having his team bust their ass for 162? I would say he is the very finest in the game. This team plays hard, they have chemistry, and there's no reason to think they won't go right on winning. I would bet the house that JD fixes what's wrong with this roster, and with a full deck, Wash leads them to 95-100 wins and a deep run next year. And if they get past their two toughest games of the season, tonight and Wed, I honestly believe they win the World Series this year. Go Rangers!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pday gets a little angry when he is hungry... he should grab a...
Snickers_wrapped.jpg

This comment was brought to you M&M/Mars

But seriously, we are all on the same team here. Chill out and enjoy the game.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
120 million dollar payroll, but you claim they don't have superior talent. If that's the case, the front office isn't as good as you claim, because who pays 120 million for mediocre talent?

there are levels between superior and mediocre and together all those levels produce a 120M payroll

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win the WS, I don't give a damn how long he stays. Cannot take a championship away from them. Do I expect that to happen? Not by a long shot.

The Cardinals thought the same just a few short years ago. Never give up. Not saying you have, but keep the faith.

Gooooooooooooo Rangers