• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles trade Boykin to Steelers

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykins comments didn't pull the race card as much as the media spin did IMO.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykins comments didn't pull the race card as much as the media spin did IMO.
:scratch: Um I'm gonna ask, how can you say he didn't? Granted Boykin never said it per word, but the kid isn't stupid either, he knew damn well the media would spin the living hell out of it since today's media spin's the crap out of everything now a days....

Either way its a done deal, good luck to Boykin and I feel my Eagles have a plan and they will get back to the playoffs...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Um I'm gonna ask, how can you say he didn't? Granted Boykin never said it per word, but the kid isn't stupid either, he knew damn well the media would spin the living hell out of it since today's media spin's the crap out of everything now a days....

Either way its a done deal, good luck to Boykin and I feel my Eagles have a plan and they will get back to the playoffs...

These are his words. You can focus only on 'our culture' but it relates to the comment on 'likes to be in control'. Commenting on Chip possibly being uncomfortable may or may not be a fact. But which part is better click bait?

Not saying there isn't inference, just saying it's not racist in and of itself.

The truth is Chip is uncomfortable around grown men of our culture. He can't relate, and that makes him uncomfortable, he likes to be in total control of everything. Players can excel when you naturally let them be who they are and in my experience that hasn't been important to him. I'm forever grateful to Mr. Lurie, Howie, my teammates, and fans of Philadelphia."

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say approach with caution Face, the guy obviously is quick to play the race card whenever it is convenient for his purpose...
Just hope he don't have any white coaches over him or he may have trouble communicating with them, as he likes to spin it....
I wouldn't want him on our team, malcontent as far as I can tell, and they are trouble in the locker room....
Didn't know he was like that? Good thing the head coach is African American then!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it players are released or traded every year and we don't hear the race card played as much as ex Eagles.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go !....Obviously, not happy about being traded and he really should be...He should be thanking Chip !!

Brandon Boykin is the latest former Eagle to suggest that the coach who traded him, Chip Kelly, was motivated by racism

Brandon Boykin suggests Chip Kelly is uncomfortable with black men | ProFootballTalk
I've been watching interviews with Boykin at Steelers practice today... Those quotes are being taken way out of context...

Boykin made the remark that "Chip doesn't understand black culture which makes him uncomfortable around us" or something along those lines. He never called him racist, and that quote shouldn't be viewed as such. Its one of those touchy subjects that Boykin would have been smart to avoid, but he made the comment and now people are thinking he's calling Chip racist.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching interviews with Boykin at Steelers practice today... Those quotes are being taken way out of context...

Boykin made the remark that "Chip doesn't understand black culture which makes him uncomfortable around us" or something along those lines. He never called him racist, and that quote shouldn't be viewed as such. Its one of those touchy subjects that Boykin would have been smart to avoid, but he made the comment and now people are thinking he's calling Chip racist.

Go back and read it, it says"Brandon Boykin is the latest former Eagle to suggest that the coach who traded him, Chip Kelly, was motivated by racism"....
But it was clearly a racist statement, if a white player said that about Tomlin, he would probably be cut...
Yes it is a touchy subject, and yes he should have left that crutch in the closet....
He should be thankful he is on a better team , but he won't be able to use his crutch on this HC...
Wonder who gets the blame next time he gets traded or cut ? I don't think Tomlin will put up with any of his excuses, as you well know, he don't like excuses....Good coach !!

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and read it, it says"Brandon Boykin is the latest former Eagle to suggest that the coach who traded him, Chip Kelly, was motivated by racism"....
But it was clearly a racist statement, if a white player said that about Tomlin, he would probably be cut...
Yes it is a touchy subject, and yes he should have left that crutch in the closet....
He should be thankful he is on a better team , but he won't be able to use his crutch on this HC...
Wonder who gets the blame next time he gets traded or cut ? I don't think Tomlin will put up with any of his excuses, as you well know, he don't like excuses....Good coach !!

Rddle me this, why is the LESS talented Riley Cooper still on the team?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be construed as Boykin suggesting that, but his quotes from today cleared it up for me. All Boykin meant by it was that he wished Chip would connect with his players better. And since he doesn't relate to the black culture that well, he comes off as uncomfortable. Doesn't mean Chip doesn't try. To me that doesn't suggest racism.

But no... Tomlin wouldn't put up with any of that shit

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rddle me this, why is the LESS talented Riley Cooper still on the team?

Non football incident and I believe he got punished by the league for it....Let's see if Boykin gets repremanded...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non football incident and I believe he got punished by the league for it....Let's see if Boykin gets repremanded...

Chip punished him by sending him on a weekend retreat. I guess Chip relates to Riley better....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be construed as Boykin suggesting that, but his quotes from today cleared it up for me. All Boykin meant by it was that he wished Chip would connect with his players better. And since he doesn't relate to the black culture that well, he comes off as uncomfortable. Doesn't mean Chip doesn't try. To me that doesn't suggest racism.

But no... Tomlin wouldn't put up with any of that shit

He sounds riddiculous , Chip has dealt with blacks in college and in the pros, the pic shows Boykin and Chip embracing during a game, what does he expect, special treatment ?
Bingo !! Malcontent , watch and see my friend...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip punished him by sending him on a weekend retreat. I guess Skip relates to Riley better....

You're a whiny little idiot...Get your Al Sharpton bed set out and go cry on it, I gotta go...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oldschool739 said:
You're a whiny little idiot...Get your Al Sharpton bed set out and go cry on it, I gotta go...

From here on out I will refer to you as OldFool....

#The TRUTH hurts

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take reading this thread is Pittsburgh made a great trade and it has caused the Baltimore fans to have a hissiy fit.
Too fucking funny and I hate the Steelers.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is thread is Pittsburgh made a great trade and it has cause a hissiy fit.
Too fucking funny and I hate the Steelers.

I actually like both the Steelers & Ravens style of play, particularly on defense. My wife is also from B'More, but OldFool is leaning me towards putting them in the NFCE opponets category.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like both the Steelers & Ravens style of play, particularly on defense. My wife is also from B'More, but OldFool is leaning me towards putting them in the NFCE opponets category.

My Steeler hate is from a long time ago. The Ravens dont mean squat to me. I did like the city the few times I visited back in 92 and 93.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say approach with caution Face, the guy obviously is quick to play the race card whenever it is convenient for his purpose...
Just hope he don't have any white coaches over him or he may have trouble communicating with them, as he likes to spin it....
I wouldn't want him on our team, malcontent as far as I can tell, and they are trouble in the locker room....
the rooneys or tomlin wont put up with shit they will send him packing if it comes to that .. example: blount