• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles trade Boykin to Steelers

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good signing at a very respectable price. Very good move by the Steelers.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup for the Steelers. He wasn'y going to see the field in Philly. Not one of Chip's guys. I think he's going to be a very solid player for you guys.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can be bad and still help our secondary

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A steal for the steelers and a great ST player. Wish we'd gotten him at at price, especially with promising Breeland going down yesterday with an MCL and out for 4-6 weeks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A steal for the steelers and a great ST player. Wish we'd gotten him at at price, especially with promising Breeland going down yesterday with an MCL and out for 4-6 weeks.
Best to trade him to an AFC team.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if the average Steeler fan understands how good this guy is. He was a projected first round pick but he got injured right before the draft. He is probably the best nickle CB in the entire NFL. He had 6 picks a few years ago. Eagles fans were screaming for him to be on the field as a lead CB but Chip likes long, talk CBs. He is an elite nickle CB and a TREMENDOUS athlete. Also had a knack for big plays. If you remember in 20013 week 17 Philly played Dallas for a "win and in" game and he made the game clinching pick with less then 2 minutes left.

Philly new he was leaving at the end of this year and wanted some sort of compensation but he is really good... but might be a tad too short to be a lead CB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if the average Steeler fan understands how good this guy is. He was a projected first round pick but he got injured right before the draft. He is probably the best nickle CB in the entire NFL. He had 6 picks a few years ago. Eagles fans were screaming for him to be on the field as a lead CB but Chip likes long, talk CBs. He is an elite nickle CB and a TREMENDOUS athlete. Also had a knack for big plays. If you remember in 20013 week 17 Philly played Dallas for a "win and in" game and he made the game clinching pick with less then 2 minutes left.

Philly new he was leaving at the end of this year and wanted some sort of compensation but he is really good... but might be a tad too short to be a lead CB.

When I saw that he was traded I actually figured the Eagles had to have at least gotten a 2nd round pick for him. I understand now a little more considering this is the last year of his contract that 5th round pick is probably about right but talent wise this kid is impressive. I do actually think he would do just fine on the outside. The Broncos have Chris Harris and he is only an inch taller yet graded out as the top Corner in the NFL this past season. Now given he plays both outside and inside on certain match ups (he actually did grade out as the best Nickel Corner in the league). I think that would be a good comparison though as what Boykin can be. Even if he is just the Nickel Corner I would still call that player a starter in today's NFL considering teams spend about 65% of their time in Nickel or Dime formations.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cops on the way to Rooney's house for Grand Theft Player. When someone figures out what Chip is doing please let us all know.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cops on the way to Rooney's house for Grand Theft Player. When someone figures out what Chip is doing please let us all know.

Very frustrated that my team hasn't taken advantage of the fact that Chip Kelly has lost his mind.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is trying pretty hard to get himself fired....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't say he's trying to get fired, but the team gave him full power and if it doesn't work Chip may be back in college before he wishes.

Re-calibrate your sarcasm detector.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't say he's trying to get fired, but the team gave him full power and if it doesn't work Chip may be back in college before he wishes.

Whether it was sarcasm or not Kelly has probably gone more all in on what he wants to do than any coach I have ever seen. He is either going to come out of this looking like a genius or a complete idiot. Most first time coaches making this many executive decisions usually does not end well. Always a first time though. I have to give it to him though in he is doing it his way. These coaches who cower to that of the FO are the teams you continually see being bottom feeders. I mean look at the Raiders for years in everybody knew that Al Davis truly ran the team and that any coach he hired was just his personal pawn that he would sacrifice the second the team started to fail.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it was sarcasm or not Kelly has probably gone more all in on what he wants to do than any coach I have ever seen. He is either going to come out of this looking like a genius or a complete idiot. Most first time coaches making this many executive decisions usually does not end well. Always a first time though. I have to give it to him though in he is doing it his way. These coaches who cower to that of the FO are the teams you continually see being bottom feeders. I mean look at the Raiders for years in everybody knew that Al Davis truly ran the team and that any coach he hired was just his personal pawn that he would sacrifice the second the team started to fail.

I know he wanted full control, and the team gave it to him. I have a feeling they decided to give him plenty of rope to hang himself. I've talked to and read a few Eagle fans who think Kelly is safe this year no matter the outcome, I think he's gone if hthe team wins 6 games or less , or finishes last in the east. If his team is competitive he's back next year even if they only win 7.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wanted full control, and the team gave it to him. I have a feeling they decided to give him plenty of rope to hang himself. I've talked to and read a few Eagle fans who think Kelly is safe this year no matter the outcome, I think he's gone if hthe team wins 6 games or less , or finishes last in the east. If his team is competitive he's back next year even if they only win 7.

I actually agree with that. The team has traded away a ton of talented players this year. I think ownership would have to say "we can't have another year of trading away our best players like this" if they were to fail big time this year. He actually reminds me a bit of Josh McDaniels as he tried some of that with Denver when they gave him full control day 1 and he traded away a bunch of our young talent. That blew up quickly. He looked like a genius for a while as the Broncos stared 6-0 under him but it did quickly fall apart as he lost the respect of the players.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some try to compare what Kelly is doing to what Johnson did with Dallas. Difference they ignore is Jimmy wasn't handed a talented team, Kelly was. I understand getting rid of those who don't fit your scheme but it sure looks like he has gotten the short end of the stick in his trades.