• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields to the Steelers for a 6th round pick?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical moron reporter on Yahoo... nice one Liz... Fields is backing up Harris/Warren (not bad though, 1,000 yard runningback for only a 6th and $3M cap hit). The Steelers still need to find a QB in the draft. I would imagine with Harris, Warren, Fields the Steelers will heavily run the ball which is what Wilson requires to have any sort of success.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical moron reporter on Yahoo... nice one Liz... Fields is backing up Harris/Warren (not bad though, 1,000 yard runningback for only a 6th and $3M cap hit). The Steelers still need to find a QB in the draft. I would imagine with Harris, Warren, Fields the Steelers will heavily run the ball which is what Wilson requires to have any sort of success.
Heh, Fields and his legs as well.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine with Harris, Warren, Fields the Steelers will heavily run the ball which is what Wilson requires to have any sort of success.

Idk. I can see them converting Fields to WR. A RB / WR hybrid is pretty valuable. That would also solve their WR depth. They can run plenty of wildcat packages to keep defenses on their toes. At the very least, Fields is a weapon with the screen game and intermediate routes.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields used to play QB in college. I can see some trick plays being installed. He won't be as great as the late Antwaan Randle El, but the possibilities are still endless.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields used to play QB in college. I can see some trick plays being installed. He won't be as great as the late Antwaan Randle El, but the possibilities are still endless.

Antwaan was a better passer than Fields, though..

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kordell Stewart seems like a better reference. Ironically he went from the Steelers to the Bears.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they killed the market on Fields. It's completely insane to me and given he's going to Pitt he is going to blow up now.
I honestly don't think anybody really wanted him. Nobody will pick up the 5th year option and nobody will extend him. Good for Pittsburgh in that it doesn't cost them more than a cup'o'coffee to field 2 QBs as both QBs combined are only going to cost 5 mil or whatever. So they keep spending their money on the defense and hope the offense just improves enough that the defense isn't run into the ground. I don't know but we will see. Definitely expecting the Steelers F.O. to be looking at drafting a QB prospect at some point in the mid rounds or at least looking toward next year. Neither of these guys will be around for very long, imo. But they have to try because all they had was 2 back-up caliber guys before.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a terrible trade for the Bears...
Indeed. The Bears traded up to get Fields, and gave up a 1st and 4th rounder for 2022. Now, they are giving him away for just a 6th round pick.

If Fields blow up in Pittsburgh, the trade is going to look even worse.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think anybody really wanted him. Nobody will pick up the 5th year option and nobody will extend him. Good for Pittsburgh in that it doesn't cost them more than a cup'o'coffee to field 2 QBs as both QBs combined are only going to cost 5 mil or whatever. So they keep spending their money on the defense and hope the offense just improves enough that the defense isn't run into the ground. I don't know but we will see. Definitely expecting the Steelers F.O. to be looking at drafting a QB prospect at some point in the mid rounds or at least looking toward next year. Neither of these guys will be around for very long, imo. But they have to try because all they had was 2 back-up caliber guys before.
It's a 9-8 plan. Perfect for Tomlin and the Steelers.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do any of you know its a 6th......??

It very well could be a 4th.....

And who cares,no one wanted him,otherwise he would have been traded sooner.....
You actually think Pittsburgh threw out the very first offer and Polles said deal??

Think about it......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. The Bears traded up to get Fields, and gave up a 1st and 4th rounder for 2022. Now, they are giving him away for just a 6th round pick.

If Fields blow up in Pittsburgh, the trade is going to look even worse.

Ryan Pace who did is long gone and no longer has a gm job......
Nagy is no longer a coach,he is an off coordinator for the Chiefs again.....living off Mahomes.