• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day/Tradapalooza Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a fresh thread for the rumors going around. We're a week away from Draft Day, and most insiders and GMs think that it's gonna be a big offseason, with a lot going on around the draft. What are your teams needs?

Pens:
Top 4 shutdown D
Re-sign/Trade Letang
Look into re-signing Dupuis, Adams, possibly Eaton/Iginla.
If at all possible, get a first rounder.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here

@DarrenDreger: Some rumblings Phaneuf may be in play. Nonis says he will trade just about anyone, but says no one has called on the captain...yet. #TSN

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly was interesting to read. Though someone made a good point. With both he and Kessel up after this season, they need to plan ahead now, or get the most value they can this year in a trade. But seriously...can't be fun for Leafs fans to read. "Best team in 8 years, finally back in postseason...MAKE ALL THE CHANGES!"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jackets have three picks and a good defenseman in Cody Golubef who may be on the outside looking in with Ryan Murray pronounced to be 100%, so they should be active in trading. Plus, Boone Jenner is already in Columbus and getting acclimated to the area. That may make guys like Colton Gillies or Jared Boll expendable.

Needs:
Top six forwards who can be flexible and play wing, and push Ryan Johansen to step up and take the #1 role by the horns. Or be that #1 center should he not do it.

My hope: Trade up to 6 or so and grab Elias Lindholm, and keep their #14 pick and get Zykov or Wennberg (doubt Horvat stays on the board that long). I hope they stay away from Shinkaruk. He's good, but they already have two pesky waterbugs in Atkinson and Calvert.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here

@DarrenDreger: Some rumblings Phaneuf may be in play. Nonis says he will trade just about anyone, but says no one has called on the captain...yet. #TSN

Phaneuf to the Flames for Stajan :D

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sens need anotehr top 6 forward and ideally a top 4 D to play with Cowen.

I'd like to see the Sens go after the Flyers because of their cap issues. Maybe get a bargain on Simmonds or Voracek.

This year's first and Cody Ceci for Voracek might be workable. Probably a pipe dream though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phaneuf to the Flames for Stajan :D

Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton 31m
Maybe the Leafs can get Stajan, Hagman, White, and Mayers type players for Dion Phaneuf!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils desperately need a scoring line winger, especially if we don't bring back Clarkson and Elias. I have a feeling the Devils make a move. They don't have a first rounder next year, they may try to compensate by moving up to grab a "home run" type pick like Nichushkin if he were to slip, or I could see them moving down to get more picks.

They also have a ton of cap room so I could see them being a potential trade partner with a bunch of teams trying to unload contracts. Should be interesting.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Canucks:
- get something for Luongo
- find serviceable players for league minimum
- stock team with Fonzie style shot-blockers
- find a few gems in the draft

10d6bf1.jpg

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wild's top need is sort out the goalie situation. Do they stick with Backstrom, or are they going shopping? - And does Kuemper move up into the back-up roll in place of Harding?

After that, they need to weigh their options on the 3rd/4th offensive & 2nd/3rd defensive lines. Here the big question will be: Do they take a chance on the young guns in their farm system, or do they bring in hired guns?

My guess will be that they'll opt to give the youngsters a chance first.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say who the Wings should draft, I'm not sure what their needs will be in ten years. I'm guessing size and toughness?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sens need anotehr top 6 forward and ideally a top 4 D to play with Cowen.

I'd like to see the Sens go after the Flyers because of their cap issues. Maybe get a bargain on Simmonds or Voracek.

This year's first and Cody Ceci for Voracek might be workable. Probably a pipe dream though.

The Flyers aren't THAT screwed this year. 1.5 mill over cap but Pronger doesn't count once the season starts. They could be compliant without any risk of losing people since they have 24 NHL contracts and some of them are still green enough that they don't have to go through waivers, I believe.

The real problem is next year, when the Flyers have 20 million in cap space to sign SEVEN RFAs, including such minor names as Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn, and that one guy whose name I can never remember... help a guy out, Bobby?

Timonen, Mezaros, and Matt Read are UFAs next year as well, so, you know, we're kinda screwed. And we didn't even win anything either. But I don't know that selling Voracek or Simmonds is the way to go. If anything I almost want to get rid of Coburn - he's a good defenseman, but not 4.5 million good. Speaking of which, we welcome Mark Streit to the fold! But yeah, we have six defensemen (plus Pronger!) making at least 3.5 million, which is goddamn ridiculous considering I've seen these guys play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say who the Wings should draft, I'm not sure what their needs will be in ten years. I'm guessing size and toughness?

Yeah, gotta make sure they are pretty bulky to be able to carry all that hardware around. Championship rings are so heavy, you know?

Fucking Detroit.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking so they could properly maul Chicago in an alley somewhere, but that's cool too.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know where to start on the Sabres needs.

A new GM I guess. Don't think we can get that from the draft though.

I'd like to see a buyout of Ville Leino's abysmal contract for starters, but I don't see Regier having the balls to admit he fucked that one up so badly. They also need to re-sign Hodgson to a long-term deal. I'd like to see something in the 4 year $3.5M/yr range though I think he'll get a bit more. Re-signing Sulzer at $2.5-3M/yr would be good too.

After that, the Sabres have the 8th and 16th picks plus a pair again in the 2nd, so they've got some freedom to work a bit. They should be looking at a C in the 8-spot as there are a lot of C prospects this year. In the 16-spot I would hope to see a D prospect. With the depth of the draft they could do well in the 2nd also, with big-time needs at RW and another C or D.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Wild are kicking the tires on MAF. Heh. The more I think about it, the less comfortable I am about moving him. If it's a worthy deal, do it...but you'd basically have to have a plan in place to get another starter ASAP.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Wild are kicking the tires on MAF. Heh. The more I think about it, the less comfortable I am about moving him. If it's a worthy deal, do it...but you'd basically have to have a plan in place to get another starter ASAP.

er.......

Luongo? :whistle:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have no fear, there's like 7-10 'starting goalies' available this summer depending on your definition of 'starting goalie'.. i'm just praying homer doesn't pull another 'bryz for 9 years, 53 mil' when the next best, and arguably equally talented vokoun signed for like 1 yr 1.5 mil.

saturated goalie market, learn from it!