• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Draft - Bears Edition - Day 3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna wait until tomorrow morning to start this thread, but I just spotted an article detailing the players still on the board:

Some pretty damn good talent remains and what's cool is we have the pick of the litter with the 1st selection in Round 4. We also have another pick late in the round. Checking the list, there are definitely some decent talents who for whatever reasons, have slipped into Day 3. Biggest shocker has to be Kelee Ringo, CB. I remember in the earliest mocks he was almost always listed in the 1st round. Wondering if it's injury related or some other issue that has pulled him down to the last day.

Anyway, as I said, we have the pick of the litter and here are just a few names who should merit serious consideration:

Ade Adebawore, DL, Northwestern - He killed it at the combine and his pro day, and his stock had been on the steady rise to the point many recent mocks had him as a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. But something's prevented his name from being called. Maybe it's his tweener size (is he a DE or a DT) that has cost him.

Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State - Is he too big and lumbering? This man mountain clocks in at 6'8/384, qualifying him for his own zip code. I thought the evals on him were for the most part quite positive, but apparently the league's GMs don't read the evals.

Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State - (this one's for Jiddy) What's with this lack of love for the Buckeyes? Just about every board out there in mock land had Luke as one of the 3-5 top centers in the draft. The only thing I can think of is he might be considered a bit smallish by today's monster-size standards.

A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest - Not sure if any WR is on Poles yet-to-draft board, at least in the 4th round that is. But it's a bit surprising that this lengthy, athletic red zone threat is heading into day 3 without a team.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wypler and a pass catching tight end in round 7 just to see Genius cry.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna wait until tomorrow morning to start this thread, but I just spotted an article detailing the players still on the board:

Some pretty damn good talent remains and what's cool is we have the pick of the litter with the 1st selection in Round 4. We also have another pick late in the round. Checking the list, there are definitely some decent talents who for whatever reasons, have slipped into Day 3. Biggest shocker has to be Kelee Ringo, CB. I remember in the earliest mocks he was almost always listed in the 1st round. Wondering if it's injury related or some other issue that has pulled him down to the last day.

Anyway, as I said, we have the pick of the litter and here are just a few names who should merit serious consideration:

Ade Adebawore, DL, Northwestern - He killed it at the combine and his pro day, and his stock had been on the steady rise to the point many recent mocks had him as a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. But something's prevented his name from being called. Maybe it's his tweener size (is he a DE or a DT) that has cost him.

Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State - Is he too big and lumbering? This man mountain clocks in at 6'8/384, qualifying him for his own zip code. I thought the evals on him were for the most part quite positive, but apparently the league's GMs don't read the evals.

Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State - (this one's for Jiddy) What's with this lack of love for the Buckeyes? Just about every board out there in mock land had Luke as one of the 3-5 top centers in the draft. The only thing I can think of is he might be considered a bit smallish by today's monster-size standards.

A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest - Not sure if any WR is on Poles yet-to-draft board, at least in the 4th round that is. But it's a bit surprising that this lengthy, athletic red zone threat is heading into day 3 without a team.

Yeah...Wypler might not have the body that Poles wants. But he did have a fairly high RAS score which seems to be a thing for our draft picks so far...I guess we'll find out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught Poles presser last night and he hinted that today is a day for possibly trading back. So I'm wondering if pick 1 of Rd 4 is up for sale.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sho nuff, Poles traded the pick to Nawlins.
Not sure what we got in the trade. The 4th rounders from each team were swapped, but I checked the remaining rounds and didn't find any spot where the Bears picked up an additional Saints spot, so I'm assuming it's for a late '24 or '25 pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now as it stands, we have 4 picks in the 5th round. Maybe one of them is from the Saints, not sure. Makes me wonder if Poles will trade back some more for additional picks, use some of them to trade up into another rd 4 spot, or simply take 4 players from the 5th rd.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what we got in the trade. The 4th rounders from each team were swapped, but I checked the remaining rounds and didn't find any spot where the Bears picked up an additional Saints spot, so I'm assuming it's for a late '24 or '25 pick.
165 in the 5th

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I really wanted that DE from Northwestern. I guess Poles saw something he didn’t like.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ade Adebawore, DL, Northwestern - He gone

Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State - He gone

Don't give up hope Jiddy!!!!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roschon Johnson is the pick (hang in there Jidster)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently his primary claim to fame was being Bijan Robinson's backup. Gotta say tho, he's a biggin'. Sounds like STs will be his new home.