• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm (2019)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't still have your Micro Machines heli-pad?

The Lego helipad was awesome!

latest

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lego helipad was awesome!

latest
That looks like one of the games my son plays. He is crazy about Legos.
@calsnowskier , if you get one of these, a helicopter comes with it. But its a build it yourself kit. You'll have to put it together but you'll also have to shrink yourself to use it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like one of the games my son plays. He is crazy about Legos.
@calsnowskier , if you get one of these, a helicopter comes with it. But its a build it yourself kit. You'll have to put it together but you'll also have to shrink yourself to use it.

Have you guys been to Legoland? My kids loved it when they were younger. They still do. Lots of interactive things to do. No roving gangs of teenagers. And Carlsbad has exceptional weather year round.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys been to Legoland? My kids loved it when they were younger. They still do. Lots of interactive things to do. No roving gangs of teenagers. And Carlsbad has exceptional weather year round.
I drive by Legoland all the time. It is just off the 5. But I have never actually been. I have been told from multiple sources that it is 100% geared towards 6 years old and younger, with absolutely nothing to hold an adults attention.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drive by Legoland all the time. It is just off the 5. But I have never actually been. I have been told from multiple sources that it is 100% geared towards 6 years old and younger, with absolutely nothing to hold an adults attention.

Unless you are a parent of active children. :D

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes, and now my oldest wants season passes. Yeah . . .

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't agree with that assessment. I loved Legos when I was a child, so it was a bit like doing what I dreamed of 30 years ago. My 11 and 9 years old both like it too. Maybe the person who said that went years ago. I don't know what it was like until last year when we first visited.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't agree with that assessment. I loved Legos when I was a child, so it was a bit like doing what I dreamed of 30 years ago. My 11 and 9 years old both like it too. Maybe the person who said that went years ago. I don't know what it was like until last year when we first visited.

My son, who is an Aerospace Engineer, loved Legoland. When we lived in Pasadena, we always took him to the JPL Open House. After one demonstration of the Mars Lander, he came out saying, “Dad! It’s just like Legos!” Expensive Legos!

He has the LEGO Saturn V in his office. All his co-workers are jealous.

Reactions: LHG

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huuugggeee news. Marco Luciano has been promoted to Salem-Keizer for the final three weeks of the season.

This may seem like not much, but Salem is a huge jump over the AZL, a lot more college guys and multi-year guys. At 17 years old, he has to be the youngest player, if not really close. This also continues the trend of aggressive promotions.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huuugggeee news. Marco Luciano has been promoted to Salem-Keizer for the final three weeks of the season.

This may seem like not much, but Salem is a huge jump over the AZL, a lot more college guys and multi-year guys. At 17 years old, he has to be the youngest player, if not really close. This also continues the trend of aggressive promotions.
I've been browsing the rosters and noticed a lot of late season promotions. In addition to the big ones already mentioned, the following have seen promotions in the past couple of weeks:
  • Melvin Adon and Logan Webb from AA to AAA
  • Casey Meisner from high A to AAA (looks like a roster filler promotion but he's the 14th pitcher on the roster)
  • Jesus Tona from low A to high A (that may have been longer than two weeks ago, though)
  • Diego Rincones from low A to high A (probably the biggest head scratching move, in terms of meriting a promotion)
  • Ricardo Genoves, Tyler Fitzgerald, Sean Roby and Logan Wyatt from short A to low A
  • Jasier Herrera, Connor Cannon and Jairo Pomares from AZL to short A
  • Prelander Berroa from foreign rookie to short A

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also found out that Jonah Arenado was released 4 days ago to make room for the guys coming up from SJ. I think it is safe to say he wasn't going to hit like his older brother.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also found out that Jonah Arenado was released 4 days ago to make room for the guys coming up from SJ. I think it is safe to say he wasn't going to hit like his older brother.
I had removed him from my radar a while ago.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Augusta lost last night, 4-3. But check out this nugget: "Seth Corry’s magical run finally came to and end in the bottom of the first when he allowed his first run since July 13."

Not his night tonight, but he's been on an absolute tear this year:

1.74 ERA in 108.1 IP, 155 K's, 52 BBs, only 61 hits allowed.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hitting 3 homers yesterday, Jaylin Davis has hit another one tonight. He seems to be pushing to be here in September, or sooner.

He hit another one tonight in addition to the one he hit tonight.

He could honestly be here very soon, before September

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luis Matos has been promoted to the AZL Orange for a late-season playoff run.

This is extremely rare, but really bodes well for him going forward. He was crushing it in the DSL, batting .362/.430/.570 with 7 homers and 20 steals. He's part of the trio of high-profile signings from last years J2 class (the other being Luciano and Pomares). Matos is the youngest of the bunch and should definitely be on your radar.

Don't want to ignore Victor Bericoto, who was also promoted with Matos. He's batting .344/.472/.485 with 5 homers and 10 steals.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another former prospect got his walking papers about 10 days ago - Cory Taylor. Taylor was an 8th round pick in 2015. He showed a lot of promise in his first full season, mainly with Augusta, but quickly moved up to San Jose and then Richmond. He got stuck at the AA level though. His numbers there in 2017 were quite mediocre (probably taking him off @calsnowskier 's radar), so he repeated there in 2018. He pitched better but injuries shortened last year and decimated this year. He got in one game in relief in AAA before being put on the shelf for the better part of 4 months. He threw in 8 games in the AZL Black squad but when it was time to activate him, the org just released him instead. I don't know about anyone else, but I had optimism that he could be a useful player after 2016. It is always sad to see what could have been officially not be.