• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we give KC the Luck deal?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Denver dropped a first rounder on Lynch last year. NO way does Elway give up on one first rounder AND give up two more to get Cousins.

Kyle Shanahan has made 4 QBs look good, reserected Matt Ryan when people were wondering if he was falling off a cliff.

Despite your desire to run Kirk out because you think he isnt worth the money.... Im thinking Kyle Shanahan IS good enough to turn Lynch into his next golden boy... so no need to give up two first rounders for Kirk only for us to trade them away for trubisky.

I forgot about Lynch my bad.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. if you walked into a car dealership thinking you only want to spend $20k on a car, but turns out the car you want is a $50K car, and you have to pay $50K to get it, did you over pay?? The only way you OVERPAY for anything is if the going price is less than what you end up paying for it. The going rate for QBs right now is $20M a year plus on average.... the only real factor is... whats the plus.

Shark, I really admire your analogies but this one was pretty bad. The obvious answer to this is don't buy the car that you WANT, leave the dealership, and look for a car that you can afford. C'mon man, to paraphrase Lloyd Benson...I know Shark's analogies, I've responded to Shark's analogies, but this sir is not a classic Shark analogy:tsk:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're assuming that we're going to get "great" weapons. In this league, you need a QB to compete. With Cuz, you've got one and, more importantly, you've got a known product.

Unbelievable.

So you expect to SM just to lay down and accept what the KC team as to offer for a long term deal?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you expect to SM just to lay down and accept what the KC team as to offer for a long term deal?

When did I say that? I expect both parties to acknowledge the relative risks both have and to understand that Kirk is best off here. With those general parameters in mind, they can reach an agreement.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the very distinct minority of those who're not sold him. Not sure what else to say.

:L

Did you watch the last month of the season? Ive always liked KC but the numbers that have been thrown round makes 2nd guess it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, I really admire your analogies but this one was pretty bad. The obvious answer to this is don't buy the car that you WANT, leave the dealership, and look for a car that you can afford. C'mon man, to paraphrase Lloyd Benson...I know Shark's analogies, I've responded to Shark's analogies, but this sir is not a classic Shark analogy:tsk:

When the car you can afford, isnt good enough to do the job you NEED it to do, do still walk out?? And this isnt about being able to afford Cousins, we can afford him. Its a simple question... does going cheaper improve the team?? We know Cousins can run this offense, any one else at a cheaper price is pure speculation.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say that? I expect both parties to acknowledge the relative risks both have and to understand that Kirk is best off here. With those general parameters in mind, they can reach an agreement.

LMFAO. No way. Why would KC settle when he knows he can get more in FA. NO way he gives us a deal. Looks like the tag is coming again.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the last month of the season? Ive always liked KC but the numbers that have been thrown round makes 2nd guess it.

I did. Did you evaluate his entire body of work? Without a running game? And without a defense? Add to that that he was asked to, just about every game, to win it by himself in view of those deficiencies.

I can't tell you how many pundits both inside and outside of the DMV that form an overwhelming consensus that completely disagrees with you.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO. No way. Why would KC settle when he knows he can get more in FA. NO way he gives us a deal. Looks like the tag is coming again.

Ummmm, did you understand my post about the tag and the risks Cousins takes when he plays under it for a second straight year? Even if another team offers him a deal under the tag, we can still match it.

So, you were saying?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Did you evaluate his entire body of work? Without a running game? And without a defense? Add to that that he was asked to, just about every game, to win it by himself in view of those deficiencies.

I can't tell you how many pundits both inside and outside of the DMV that form an overwhelming consensus that completely disagrees with you.

I did. At this money you are expected to win the game by yourself. Without a defense is not fair. They have won many games for us this year. He cant consistently beat good teams. That has to weigh in on the decision.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the car you can afford, isnt good enough to do the job you NEED it to do, do still walk out?? And this isnt about being able to afford Cousins, we can afford him. Its a simple question... does going cheaper improve the team?? We know Cousins can run this offense, any one else at a cheaper price is pure speculation.

I knew you would go there, my point was all about the analogy itself....yours are usually much better than this one was and generally a bit more geared towards centering your main point. Too many outs with this one!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm, did you understand my post about the tag and the risks Cousins takes when he plays under it for a second straight year? Even if another team offers him a deal under the tag, we can still match it.

So, you were saying?

Yes. If some other team offers a deal under the tag do we get draft picks to let him go? We likely wont match the deal under the tag b/c it would be outrageous.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. If some other team offers a deal under the tag do we get draft picks to let him go? We likely wont match the deal under the tag b/c it would be outrageous.

IF they tag him Kirk will sign it that day.

If they tag him again in 2018, he will sign it again. Its not like the team can afford to go, oh well you signed the tag so we arent going to give you the players you need around you to succeed.

And please tell me, if we get those two draft picks, aside from plugging in Colt McCoy, what do we do at QB oh great and wise one??

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. At this money you are expected to win the game by yourself. Without a defense is not fair. They have won many games for us this year. He cant consistently beat good teams. That has to weigh in on the decision.

You've got to be kidding. No QB is expected to win games himself. No one. Period.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they tag him again in 2018, he will sign it again. Its not like the team can afford to go, oh well you signed the tag so we arent going to give you the players you need around you to succeed.

And please tell me, if we get those two draft picks, aside from plugging in Colt McCoy, what do we do at QB oh great and wise one??

I meant if we tag him Kc can wait on signing to see if some other team makes him a long term offer than that team will part with draft picks. Right?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's one of the guys that's bent on bashing Cuz and content on letting him leave, but can provide ZERO replacement for him.

Don't we remember the Jason Campbell days when he had a Pro-Bowl RB (Portis) and a top-tier defense and went nowhere?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to be kidding. No QB is expected to win games himself. No one. Period.

You know what I mean. Throwing INts on two final drives against Ari and NYG doesn't concern you?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant if we tag him Kc can wait on signing to see if some other team makes him a long term offer than that team will part with draft picks. Right?

He can, but he wont. Why would he want to go to a dumpster fire?? You might not like him, but the man isnt stupid. He would sign the tender and say, see you next year to do this all over again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the guys that's bent on bashing Cuz and content on letting him leave, but can provide ZERO replacement for him.

Don't we remember the Jason Campbell days when he had a Pro-Bowl RB (Portis) and a top-tier defense and went nowhere?

I haven't researched the other QB's yet. I cant wait to see what KC offers the Redskins for a long term deal. The franchise tag will be coming again.