• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we give KC the Luck deal?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAybe we see less risk in starting Colt McCoy and going back into well fuckit we need a QB mode.

Fine. Ask yourself this. Is KC better than Luck right now? If you answer yes then give him that blank check. If you are unsure you tag him. If you don't think he is at the same level, let him walk. Fair enough?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is risk signing KC to a long term deal that he wants. Why isn't that taken into account?

Because there is MORE risk in going back into the hunt for the great elite QB mode. How many more years and draft picks do we need to burn looking for the next Rogers, Brady, Newton... because lets be honest, anything short of Elite HOF caliber QB simply isnt going to cut it. Suppose we start McCoy, and only get 4 wins, you really think Dan wont be on the table screaming trade up for whom ever the top QB in the draft is??

We seen this movie, the boat sank and the bitch watched as her man slid into the icy depths.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there is MORE risk in going back into the hunt for the great elite QB mode. How many more years and draft picks do we need to burn looking for the next Rogers, Brady, Newton... because lets be honest, anything short of Elite HOF caliber QB simply isnt going to cut it. Suppose we start McCoy, and only get 4 wins, you really think Dan wont be on the table screaming trade up for whom ever the top QB in the draft is??

We seen this movie, the boat sank and the bitch watched as her man slid into the icy depths.

So a team cant succeed with the Alex Smiths of the world?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top ten or top 5 QB rarely are let out of the building they are in. Just shows how stupid the idea of letting him walk is to begin with. Name me the last 28 year old 4000 yard passer to actually become a free agent??

I'll wait.

You already know the answer to that question, and it's silly to ask in the first place. Dude we all want the best for this team, we just can't seem to agree on how that comes to pass. On a social media forum like this one who would have figured that there would be disagreement? Kirk is a pretty good player, he fits well in this system, but not knowing how he or the organization feel about one another, wouldn't we be better off not beating the whole "his worth" thing to a third death? It is hi-larious how invested people are in another episode of Kiss/kick the Kirk!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a team cant succeed with the Alex Smiths of the world?

Hello McFly..... Kirk Cousins IS an Alex Smith minus the whole drafted first over all bit.

Colt McCoy is John Beck

Got it?? Good.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't researched the other QB's yet. I cant wait to see what KC offers the Redskins for a long term deal. The franchise tag will be coming again.
well how about you freaking research some damn qbs and get back to us with your coty mccoy is a nine win qb ass and stop making excuses . i came up with them rather quickly

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only this team and fan base could be this dysfunctional.

Here we have an organization that got straight up lucky after the worst QB blunder EVER, we didnt have to go spend yet another high draft pick (or picks) on a QB because our last coach/Gm had the foresight to hedge his bet. So we were lucky enough to have a guy in house who as it turns out is a pretty good QB. Still has some growing to do admittedly, but has shown he can be one of the better QBs in the league.

Yet here we sit, contemplating that "hey he might be asking for too much." This mind you is the same team that for years has spent money like the shit is going out of style. Finally we get some one in or system that shows , we might have something here... and we want to use money as an excuse to go in another direction??

And there are portions of the fan base buying this... looking for reasons NOT to sign the guy. Last year it was.. oh well he only did it for half a year.

Now its well he maintained his performance level, but in the big game he failed to be able to single handedly win the game. How dare he ask for "Elite" QB money.

And @Caliskinsfan gets mad at me when I say.. we are the Redskins, we will find a way to fuck up the obvious.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only this team and fan base could be this dysfunctional.

Here we have an organization that got straight up lucky after the worst QB blunder EVER, we didnt have to go spend yet another high draft pick (or picks) on a QB because our last coach/Gm had the foresight to hedge his bet. So we were lucky enough to have a guy in house who as it turns out is a pretty good QB. Still has some growing to do admittedly, but has shown he can be one of the better QBs in the league.

Yet here we sit, contemplating that "hey he might be asking for too much." This mind you is the same team that for years has spent money like the shit is going out of style. Finally we get some one in or system that shows , we might have something here... and we want to use money as an excuse to go in another direction??

And there are portions of the fan base buying this... looking for reasons NOT to sign the guy. Last year it was.. oh well he only did it for half a year.

Now its well he maintained his performance level, but in the big game he failed to be able to single handedly win the game. How dare he ask for "Elite" QB money.

And @Caliskinsfan gets mad at me when I say.. we are the Redskins, we will find a way to fuck up the obvious.

Huh? First of all I consider the Redskins fan base to be one of the more educated ones in the NFL. I have seen a lot worse. We might say certain somewhat stupid things at times that are emotionally based, but that is borne out of frustration and understandable. Secondly in no way do I believe that the majority or Redskins fans want to get rid of Cousins. You are running with the opinions of a handful of fans & it is also very naïve to assume that the opinions here represent those of the majority of this fanbase.

I also don't believe that the FO doesn't want to extend Cousins. You have to understand that for negotiation purposes they are either going to be silent or not appear overly enthusiastic about him now - it is part of the game. Who knows how they feel rt now - give it time. HTTR

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I mean. Throwing INts on two final drives against Ari and NYG doesn't concern you?

It does. But I judge Cousins by his complete body of work and not by some "analysis" that cherry-picks two instances of bad plays.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't researched the other QB's yet. I cant wait to see what KC offers the Redskins for a long term deal. The franchise tag will be coming again.

Don't bother. If you care to peruse a complete list, here it is. If you think anyone comes within Cousins' general universe, I'm not sure what to tell you.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is missing the all important sexy factor. If he had been drafted in the first round, he could have had half the season he did and most of his detractors would be defending resigning him.

Exactly. Or if he could throw those all-so-pretty laser beam-like passes that Jeff George threw, that might qualify as well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does. But I judge Cousins by his complete body of work and not by some "analysis" that cherry-picks two instances of bad plays.

Performances in Dec. don't matter?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already know the answer to that question, and it's silly to ask in the first place. Dude we all want the best for this team, we just can't seem to agree on how that comes to pass. On a social media forum like this one who would have figured that there would be disagreement? Kirk is a pretty good player, he fits well in this system, but not knowing how he or the organization feel about one another, wouldn't we be better off not beating the whole "his worth" thing to a third death? It is hi-larious how invested people are in another episode of Kiss/kick the Kirk!!

Hold on. I forgot that RG3 might be cut too. There's YOUR replacement. Congrats.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Performances in Dec. don't matter?

Yes, they matter. My difference with you is your assessment of the weight that you give those games. What about the December games that Kirk played in last year? Do those not count either?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they matter. My difference with you is your assessment of the weight that you give those games. What about the December games that Kirk played in last year? Do those not count either?

Yes the win at the Eagles to win the division was his biggest win of his career. I just want to see more if we are going to make him the highest paid QB in the NFL. To get to that level you have some accomplishments. People point to his stats. When its crunch time in Dec with the playoffs on the line at home he did not come thru.

I sense a tag coming b/c of this doubt.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys keep moving the goal posts , last year its do it again , he does it , and its , wait win in dec. more

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the win at the Eagles to win the division was his biggest win of his career. I just want to see more if we are going to make him the highest paid QB in the NFL. To get to that level you have some accomplishments. People point to his stats. When its crunch time in Dec with the playoffs on the line at home he did not come thru.

I sense a tag coming b/c of this doubt.

No, what you're missing here is the difference between paying someone what he's worth and paying what the market will bear. If we give Kirk a Luck-type of deal, that's basically what the market will give him . . . for now. If he hits the market, as noted by Joel Corry, the bidding war for his services between QB-needy teams that have millions in cap space -- including Cleveland, which has $110 million of it -- will jack that even higher. Sometimes you've got to overpay. And with a franchise QB like Kirk, you'll probably to have to overpay out the wazoo.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys keep moving the goal posts , last year its do it again , he does it , and its , wait win in dec. more

he didn't do it this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what you're missing here is the difference between paying someone what he's worth and paying what the market will bear. If we give Kirk a Luck-type of deal, that's basically what the market will give him . . . for now. If he hits the market, as noted by Joel Corry, the bidding war for his services between QB-needy teams that have millions in cap space -- including Cleveland, which has $110 million of it -- will jack that even higher. Sometimes you've got to overpay. And with a franchise QB like Kirk, you'll probably to have to overpay out the wazoo.

Just doesn't sit well with me. If we made the playoffs its a different story