• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we give KC the Luck deal?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Performances in Dec. don't matter?

HAd we won one of our Sept losses that the Defense shit the bed on, The October loss which was the same deal and the tie in OCT, that would have put us at 11 Wins and our QB wouldnt have needed to be superman in DEC/JAN to get us into the playoffs.

Just saying.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doesn't sit well with me. If we made the playoffs its a different story

Really? If we made the playoffs, we'd probably get buried in Seattle. And the same logic you're using would apply: Kirk can't win the big game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAd we won one of our Sept losses that the Defense shit the bed on, The October loss which was the same deal and the tie in OCT, that would have put us at 11 Wins and our QB wouldnt have needed to be superman in DEC/JAN to get us into the playoffs.

Just saying.

superman? lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking as an outsider (Just saw it on the active threads section on the main page), I think the Skins are batshit insane if they don't sign Cousins to a LT deal.

Cousins and the WASH offense is not the problem at the moment with Washington. It's that 100% shit defense that really only has Ryan Kerrigan and some solid play out of Josh Norman. Someone on the WASH forum (I think) said the Skins need to draft a WR and I nearly choked on the load that involuntarily blew into my mouth (THROUGH THE JEANS!!!).

Sign Cousins to a 5 year $110M deal if possible and find some actual help for the pathetic defense that is the Skins. Gonna have to do it via draft thanks to Josh Norman chewing up a shit ton in the secondary but letting go of Cousins and starting over is assuredly going to make the Skins go 4-12 in no time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking as an outsider (Just saw it on the active threads section on the main page), I think the Skins are batshit insane if they don't sign Cousins to a LT deal.

Cousins and the WASH offense is not the problem at the moment with Washington. It's that 100% shit defense that really only has Ryan Kerrigan and some solid play out of Josh Norman. Someone on the WASH forum (I think) said the Skins need to draft a WR and I nearly choked on the load that involuntarily blew into my mouth (THROUGH THE JEANS!!!).

Sign Cousins to a 5 year $110M deal if possible and find some actual help for the pathetic defense that is the Skins. Gonna have to do it via draft thanks to Josh Norman chewing up a shit ton in the secondary but letting go of Cousins and starting over is assuredly going to make the Skins go 4-12 in no time.

Two things on this.

Cap space shouldnt be an issue.

As we have Jackson, Garcon and Davis all Free Agents, we might need to get some WR's and a TE to replace those guys since it looks like we might let them walk. Skins fans are apparently extremely concerned with not spending Dan Snyders money... unless its on another teams free agents that is.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saying.

Kirk shit the bed against Cowboy. How many wide open TD passses did he he overthrow that day? 2 How many TD passes did he Donny McDiretball? Another 2.

The offense fucked off their chances against Cincy as well in OT.

The lack of memory and revisionist buillshit on some of y'all is truly amazing.

A year from now it'll be 4 different WRs dropped TD passes against Pittin week one.

Anyone who thought the defense would be good or even decent this yeart needs to hook me up with their connect, Everyone knew the defense was bad. I don't recall any making 19 mill guaranteed for a year another 50 - 75 over the next few year.

That's another thing. Why did Kirk play like hot dog shit to open the season?

Why did he play like dog-shit on fire the entire year in the red zone?

If Scotty Mac does tell Kirk to kick rocks. The hissy fits and tantrums will be the stuff legend next year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk shit the bed against Cowboy. How many wide open TD passses did he he overthrow that day? 2 How many TD passes did he Donny McDiretball? Another 2.

The offense fucked off their chances against Cincy as well in OT.

The lack of memory and revisionist buillshit on some of y'all is truly amazing.

A year from now it'll be 4 different WRs dropped TD passes against Pittin week one.

Anyone who thought the defense would be good or even decent this yeart needs to hook me up with their connect, Everyone knew the defense was bad. I don't recall any making 19 mill guaranteed for a year another 50 - 75 over the next few year.

That's another thing. Why did Kirk play like hot dog shit to open the season?

Why did he play like dog-shit on fire the entire year in the red zone?

If Scotty Mac does tell Kirk to kick rocks. The hissy fits and tantrums will be the stuff legend next year.

Forgot about Josh of the $75 Million contract withe the $50M guaranteed did we bro?? I get it, you are among the ABC crowd, AnyOne But Cousins. And I will be honest, part of me hopes he isnt signed just to see the excuses and bitching when we insert Colt McCoy and proceed to go back into Dumpster Fire Mode. Some people wont be happy unless we do the same old dumb shit of chasing an elite QB and sucking moose nut in the process.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Josh of the $75 Million contract withe the $50M guaranteed did we bro?? I get it, you are among the ABC crowd, AnyOne But Cousins. And I will be honest, part of me hopes he isnt signed just to see the excuses and bitching when we insert Colt McCoy and proceed to go back into Dumpster Fire Mode. Some people wont be happy unless we do the same old dumb shit of chasing an elite QB and sucking moose nut in the process.

Shark, a lot of fans don't believe that KC should be the highest paid QB in the NFL. Why is that so hard to understand? KC is going to want to be the highest paid in the NFL. That is why SM has to sort this thing out.

The defense gave up 13 points against the Giants Sunday and we still lost. The highest paid QB should have won that game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, a lot of fans don't believe that KC should be the highest paid QB in the NFL. Why is that so hard to understand? KC is going to want to be the highest paid in the NFL. That is why SM has to sort this thing out.

Dean we havent even heard what he is asking for yet. YOu assume he wants to be the highest paid QB in the NFL, and if he does so the fuck what, its NOT your money, and its not like giving him the deal will some how cripple the team. Where as, going with Colt McCoy, or any of the other retreads mentioned in all likeliness will cripple the team because it will mean we are back into the do stupid shit in the draft to chase a QB mode.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean we havent even heard what he is asking for yet. YOu assume he wants to be the highest paid QB in the NFL, and if he does so the fuck what, its NOT your money, and its not like giving him the deal will some how cripple the team. Where as, going with Colt McCoy, or any of the other retreads mentioned in all likeliness will cripple the team because it will mean we are back into the do stupid shit in the draft to chase a QB mode.

True we don't know yet about KC's demands but its just my opinion he will want to be the highest. The team is better than years past so an average QB could succeed with us. Its not like if we don't get KC back we are a 4-12 team. That is an overreaction.

Like I said before the defense game up 13 points Sunday and we still couldn't win. It was one of the worst losses in Redskins history. That has to weigh on the mind of SM.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True we don't know yet about KC's demands but its just my opinion he will want to be the highest. The team is better than years past so an average QB could succeed with us. Its not like if we don't get KC back we are a 4-12 team. That is an overreaction.

Like I said before the defense game up 13 points Sunday and we still couldn't win. It was one of the worst losses in Redskins history. That has to weigh on the mind of SM.

You sir prove something my Senior DI said to me a long time ago and i have never forgotten. You can have 1 million good jobs and one fuckup, some people will insist on defining you by that fuckup. Got to love the double standard though Dean... the defense has been hot assed garbage the majority of the year, they finally put in an almost decent performance ( which by the way, if you havent noticed NY is not a power house offense) And Cousins in your mind is the reason we didnt make the playoffs. Not the 3-4 late game leads the Defense gave up over the course of the season. Not the fact that our defense has continued a pattern of making the most average player look like a hall of famer.

Nope, we lost, its Cousins fault. So bring on Colt McCoy.

By the way, we were 4-12 in 2014 with primarily the same offense other than the QB. So lets stop pretending that any one could simply walk in and do as well or better than our current QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm... So people here bitch since the Redskins underachieved and went 8-7-1. Now it sounds like you would not be unhappy if say the team had a similar record next season - huh? For me the end goal is to get to the SB and for this team that should be realistic within the next two years at the most. That is assuming that Cousins is retained.

Without Cousins you likely have to extend that timeframe at least a bit. Teams can win with an average QB, but the odds are not good. Tell me if they lose Cousins how long do you think it will be till they can realistically make a deep run in the playoffs? They can upgrade everywhere else possible - they still need a contending (not elite) QB that knows how to run this team. That will likely take a considerable period of time to find and develop.

I see no way that this team is planning on moving on w/o Cousins. If any messages similar to this are coming out of the organization it is likely posturing or sending off false signals to give them at least a little leverage.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir prove something my Senior DI said to me a long time ago and i have never forgotten. You can have 1 million good jobs and one fuckup, some people will insist on defining you by that fuckup. Got to love the double standard though Dean... the defense has been hot assed garbage the majority of the year, they finally put in an almost decent performance ( which by the way, if you havent noticed NY is not a power house offense) And Cousins in your mind is the reason we didnt make the playoffs. Not the 3-4 late game leads the Defense gave up over the course of the season. Not the fact that our defense has continued a pattern of making the most average player look like a hall of famer.

Nope, we lost, its Cousins fault. So bring on Colt McCoy.

By the way, we were 4-12 in 2014 with primarily the same offense other than the QB. So lets stop pretending that any one could simply walk in and do as well or better than our current QB.

In the two games at home Car and NYG the defense stepped up in "playoff time". KC did not. You can point to his stats all you want but when its Dec and the playoffs are on the line KC did not step up. That is a fact. Yes im pointing to two games but they were the most important two games of the year. Franchise Qbs win those games. The defense gave KC every oppournity to win those games and he still failed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... So people here bitch since the Redskins underachieved and went 8-7-1. Now it sounds like you would not be unhappy if say the team had a similar record next season - huh? For me the end goal is to get to the SB and for this team that should be realistic within the next two years at the most. That is assuming that Cousins is retained.

Without Cousins you likely have to extend that timeframe at least a bit. Teams can win with an average QB, but the odds are not good. Tell me if they lose Cousins how long do you think it will be till they can realistically make a deep run in the playoffs? They can upgrade everywhere else possible - they still need a contending (not elite) QB that knows how to run this team. That will likely take a considerable period of time to find and develop.

I see no way that this team is planning on moving on w/o Cousins. If any messages similar to this are coming out of the organization it is likely posturing or sending off false signals to give them at least a little leverage.

You don't know for a fact that this team will implode if KC doesn't come back. Look at what a rookie Qb is doing in Dallas. It is possible that rookie or other QB's can come in here and win. You cant totally dismiss that. Pure speculation on your part.

You guys are talking about KC like he is Rodgers or Brady. Lets come back to earth please.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You base this exactly on what?

b/c KC knows he has the Redskins over a barrel. I don't think he takes a discount to stay here. At worst he is going to want the Luck deal. If he takes anything less I would be shocked.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the two games at home Car and NYG the defense stepped up in "playoff time". KC did not. You can point to his stats all you want but when its Dec and the playoffs are on the line KC did not step up. That is a fact. Yes im pointing to two games but they were the most important two games of the year. Franchise Qbs win those games. The defense gave KC every oppournity to win those games and he still failed.

The defense stepped up against Carolina?! Were we watching the same game? I seem to recall that the Skins had one last chance at the end of the game to stop the Panthers to get the ball back & they failed miserably even though they knew that Carolina would be running the ball. You call that stepping up?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense stepped up against Carolina?! Were we watching the same game? I seem to recall that the Skins had one last chance at the end of the game to stop the Panthers to get the ball back & they failed miserably even though they knew that Carolina would be running the ball. You call that stepping up?

How many Fg's did they force Carolina to take? Yes the end was troubling but they kept them in the game all game. We should of gotten blown out by the way you talk about the defense. We couldn't score TD's. Is that the D's fault?