• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we give KC the Luck deal?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can, but he wont. Why would he want to go to a dumpster fire?? You might not like him, but the man isnt stupid. He would sign the tender and say, see you next year to do this all over again.

You don't know what team will offer a deal to him. Its about money Shark. You said your self there are risks to signing the tag. I like him, I just don't think we should be a top 5 highest paid QB in the league.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the guys that's bent on bashing Cuz and content on letting him leave, but can provide ZERO replacement for him.

Don't we remember the Jason Campbell days when he had a Pro-Bowl RB (Portis) and a top-tier defense and went nowhere?

Cousins is missing the all important sexy factor. If he had been drafted in the first round, he could have had half the season he did and most of his detractors would be defending resigning him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is missing the all important sexy factor. If he had been drafted in the first round, he could have had half the season he did and most of his detractors would be defending resigning him.

If he won the playoff game last year against the Packers, I would say yes. If he won the Car and NYG games at home I would say yes. Its about winning guys.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what team will offer a deal to him. Its about money Shark. You said your self there are risks to signing the tag. I like him, I just don't think we should be a top 5 highest paid QB in the league.

Again, until he is tagged no team can make him an offer. He could have refused to sign the tag last year, and likely would have gotten offered the $20M a season he was looking for. But who really wants to go to the places that need a QB right now??

The Browns??
The Niners who dont even have a coach yet.
The Bills.. same deal
Possibly the Jets, but I dont see that GM giving up 2 first rounders for a QB when they could just draft one.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, until he is tagged no team can make him an offer. He could have refused to sign the tag last year, and likely would have gotten offered the $20M a season he was looking for. But who really wants to go to the places that need a QB right now??

The Browns??
The Niners who dont even have a coach yet.
The Bills.. same deal
Possibly the Jets, but I dont see that GM giving up 2 first rounders for a QB when they could just draft one.

I see your point but you are saying he would be willing to take a discount b/c we are an average team. I just disagree. KC will be swinging for the fences this off season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but you are saying he would be willing to take a discount b/c we are an average team. I just disagree. KC will be swinging for the fences this off season.

Its not about taking a discount. He can play on the tag, make $24M and NOT go to a dumpster fire. You HOPE he swings for the fences and some team is willing to offer us two first rounders for him.

I dont think Kirk is that stupid. Any place that has the money and the need, is also some place where he will go to watch his career die. IM pretty sure he knows that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about taking a discount. He can play on the tag, make $24M and NOT go to a dumpster fire. You HOPE he swings for the fences and some team is willing to offer us two first rounders for him.

I dont think Kirk is that stupid. Any place that has the money and the need, is also some place where he will go to watch his career die. IM pretty sure he knows that.

Im not hoping for anything right now. Yes he can play on the tag but there are risks. I cant wait to see the offers. Im saying he is going to get tagged again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's an interesting and I might add valid point.

NO its not. KC failed this team when we needed him the most. Draft selection had nothing to do with it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any place that has the money and the need, is also some place where he will go to watch his career die. IM pretty sure he knows that.

This could NEVA happen, top 10 or to some top 5 QB's don't go elsewhere and see their careers die. (unless it was the system that they played in that made them top 10 or top 5):thumb:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO its not. KC failed this team when we needed him the most. Draft selection had nothing to do with it.

Easy @Dean, he said IF....and we all know that he was not thought of as more than a 4th rounder back then. Maybe what you're talking about is exactly what 4th rounders do when they rise to starter.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could NEVA happen, top 10 or to some top 5 QB's don't go elsewhere and see their careers die. (unless it was the system that they played in that made them top 10 or top 5):thumb:

Top ten or top 5 QB rarely are let out of the building they are in. Just shows how stupid the idea of letting him walk is to begin with. Name me the last 28 year old 4000 yard passer to actually become a free agent??

I'll wait.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KC walks it doesn't mean we have to find our QB in 2017. McCoy could be serviceable for one year. You give McCoy KC's weapons from last year and upgrade the oline and RB. Yes he can win 9 games.

That's not the pt. The pt is that SM might not find the rt QB well beyond simply next season. He passed on Rodgers and helped with the decision to pencil in Flynn as the starting QB. Now many FO folks could (& have) make the same mistakes. However - do you truly want to put your complete trust in finding a new QB in someone who perhaps doesn't have the best judgment in this area?

Also - yes McCoy could win 9 games (probably at best) but that is no sure thing. Are you willing to go in to next season simply hoping that at best the season is basically the same as the current one?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the fact that he wasnt able to single handedly win a game where we had no ground game was 100% on him and thus... he isnt worth having around and we would be better served with

fuck it Rosie Odonell at QB??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the pt. The pt is that SM might not find the rt QB well beyond simply next season. He passed on Rodgers and helped with the decision to pencil in Flynn as the starting QB. Now many FO folks could (& have) make the same mistakes. However - do you truly want to put your complete trust in finding a new QB in someone who perhaps doesn't have the best judgment in this area?

Also - yes McCoy could win 9 games (probably at best) but that is no sure thing. Are you willing to go in to next season simply hoping that at best the season is basically the same as the current one?

ABC baby, ABC

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyle Shanny gets the Denver or SF job then it will work in our favor. KC will not sign a friendly long term deal for the Skins. He thinks he has the Skins over a barrel and is going to give them a crazy long term offer. Sm might call his bluff

How exactly do you know any of this? This is complete speculation & you seem to be greatly influenced by media reports. Remember - the media's job is to get you to watch or click on their site - it is not to report the truth. Don't believe a lot of the crap that you read on the web or hear on TV.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But there is still a risk giving KC a long term deal that he wants. He wants more than the Luck contract. So you see no risk in that?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the fact that he wasnt able to single handedly win a game where we had no ground game was 100% on him and thus... he isnt worth having around and we would be better served with

fuck it Rosie Odonell at QB??

There is risk signing KC to a long term deal that he wants. Why isn't that taken into account?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is still a risk giving KC a long term deal that he wants. He wants more than the Luck contract. So you see no risk in that?

MAybe we see less risk in starting Colt McCoy and going back into well fuckit we need a QB mode.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly do you know any of this? This is complete speculation & you seem to be greatly influenced by media reports. Remember - the media's job is to get you to watch or click on their site - it is not to report the truth. Don't believe a lot of the crap that you read on the web or hear on TV.

Its all speculation right now. We don't know what KC will be offered. I think the tag is coming again.