• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely disagree.
You dont get rid of your best offensive weapon for a Qb.
you bring in a QB to use with your best offensive weapon.

McCaffery isnt your standard #1 RB. Quit playing black & white.

If the trade was RB for QB it is a no brainer.

It isn’t.

Giving away all those 1st make it much harder to put pieces around Watson in the future.

And the Panthers aren’t very good now. They need those picks.

To make a move like this and have it pay off, you need to have a roster where QB is the missing piece. The Panthers are not there. They have many missing pieces.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont get rid of McCaffery if you decide to destroy your offense.
Which BTW is your offense no matter who your QB is.
only proper thing is ......... oh nvm
, if your offense is going to run through cmac, teddy b is the perfect qb... why do you need to upgrade? Short screens, dumps, limit turnovers..

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, if your offense is going to run through cmac, teddy b is the perfect qb... why do you need to upgrade? Short screens, dumps, limit turnovers..
upgrading Teddy B to a better Qb is one thing
Upgrading to say Watson by destroying the rest of the offense....... Say what?
Yeah that would be the answer no matter where they were.

BTW I assure you the Panthers will not be getting rid of CMac.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the trade was RB for QB it is a no brainer.

It isn’t.

Giving away all those 1st make it much harder to put pieces around Watson in the future.

And the Panthers aren’t very good now. They need those picks.

To make a move like this and have it pay off, you need to have a roster where QB is the missing piece. The Panthers are not there. They have many missing pieces.
Roster wise i agree to an extent.Offense wise i guess im disagreeing. Its so hard. Because its torture trying to find a qb. Much less a young, established, top qb. The most valuable position in all of sports. I guess id rather eat a year or two and have your guy in place for a decade pending injury.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upgrading Teddy B to a better Qb is one thing
Upgrading to say Watson by destroying the rest of the offense....... Say what?
Yeah that would be the answer no matter where they were.
I guess were disagreeing on destroying the offense. The offense has to run through cmac because one hes awesome, and two theyve had no success elsewhere. With a qb and a young emerging wr group that changes. Bringing in watson and funneling through cmac makes little sense. So if your’re bringing in watson, then things are going to completely change regardless. If the plan is to run through cmac, no changes need to be made.

with watson, dj moore, robby anderson, and curtis samuel, and cmac. Would the best route still be 6-11 passes to cmac, 13-18 rushes...18-20 passes to the wideouts?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess were disagreeing on destroying the offense. The offense has to run through cmac because one hes awesome, and two theyve had no success elsewhere. With a qb and a young emerging wr group that changes. Bringing in watson and funneling through cmac makes little sense. So if your’re bringing in watson, then things are going to completely change regardless. If the plan is to run through cmac, no changes need to be made.

with watson, dj moore, robby anderson, and curtis samuel, and cmac. Would the best route still be 6-11 passes to cmac, 13-18 rushes...18-20 passes to the wideouts?
its good to know we can agree to disagree.
*handshake*
there is no way Watson ends up in Carolina without McCaffery on the same team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Falcons fan I'm really hoping Carolina gets their guy

A 5-11 team trading away their best player and 3 1s all to go 4-12 the next 3 years sounds great to me.

Let's make it happen !!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The allure of a franchise QB really is something though

Like half the fans in the Falcons board I post on want to trade our next 4 1s for Watson lololol

Trying to rationally discuss it with them is a no go

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its good to know we can agree to disagree.
*handshake*
there is no way Watson ends up in Carolina without McCaffery on the same team.
Lol:suds:absolutely. I do admit, that it has the potential to be a super offense. But it would require tying up a lot of funds, and a modification of cmacs role. Actually didnt realize this:

robby anderson and dj moore’s contracts are up after this year. Curtis samuel is a FA this year. Soooo they hve some real decisions to make on some talented guys. I actually believe all three are really talented, and have been massively hampered by the qb. Dj moore is a stud. Samuel as a slot guy is deadly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster wise i agree to an extent.Offense wise i guess im disagreeing. Its so hard. Because its torture trying to find a qb. Much less a young, established, top qb. The most valuable position in all of sports. I guess id rather eat a year or two and have your guy in place for a decade pending injury.

You do it and don’t look back if you are trading for a truly elite QB.

I just don’t think Watson is that. He is good, he is young, and any team would want him. But he isn’t a savior. And if he goes 5-11 a couple times, who is to say he won’t want out of Carolina too?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don’t think Watson is that. He is good, he is young, and any team would want him. But he isn’t a savior. And if he goes 5-11 a couple times, who is to say he won’t want out of Carolina too?
Carolina without CMac and it's next 3 1s is basically the NFC version of Houston

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah youre right. Im a little higher on watson though

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol:suds:absolutely. I do admit, that it has the potential to be a super offense. But it would require tying up a lot of funds, and a modification of cmacs role. Actually didnt realize this:

robby anderson and dj moore’s contracts are up after this year. Curtis samuel is a FA this year. Soooo they hve some real decisions to make on some talented guys. I actually believe all three are really talented, and have been massively hampered by the qb. Dj moore is a stud. Samuel as a slot guy is deadly.
& the fact that as much as Watson wants out of town. if he goes to Panthers town without mcCaffery in a trade.(He can block) He gets McCaffery as a teammate for years to come, since his signing was new as well. When he was in HOU he had good WRs. Top/once in a generation Player offensive player to play with such a QB (as he believes himself) he can win. Waiting for other Offensive players. *Shrug shoulders*
I cant answer for the defense or the coaching staff.
but an offense with mcCaffery as part of it. How does a talent like Watson fail?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in short.
Watson blocks the trade to Carolina if McCaffery isnt on it when he gets there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
& the fact that as much as Watson wants out of town. if he goes to Panthers town without mcCaffery in a trade.(He can block) He gets McCaffery as a teammate for years to come, since his signing was new as well. When he was in HOU he had good WRs. Top/once in a generation Player offensive player to play with such a QB (as he believes himself) he can win. Waiting for other Offensive players. *Shrug shoulders*
I cant answer for the defense or the coaching staff.
but an offense with mcCaffery as part of it. How does a talent like Watson fail?
Lol good points, i admit.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol good points, i admit.
Sorry it makes not much sense.
I put one side & the other in one post which when I reread it. Not a lot of sense. (been drinking)
So I put in short in the next post.

My bad! LOL