• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all that but what do you do when the owner promises you input on the next coach z as d you ignore him? From interviews a as if reading this is just the tip
Of the iceberg in houston Cal McNair has went off the deep end
he was resigned before firing the coach so it should have no relevance to why he resigned.
So whether the owner said or not said he could have some input well after the fact means nothing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes isn't superman. He wouldn't have done much better than Watson on the Texans.

They might have won 6 games, not 4.

Mahomes isn’t Superman.

But he is a lot better than DeSean Watson.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was resigned before firing the coach so it should have no relevance to why he resigned.
So whether the owner said or not said he could have some input well after the fact means nothing.
Position noted I fall on the other side of the fence I guess mainly from personal experience.
Thanks for responding.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans should trade Watson and Watt together.....2-for-1 deal.

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May be too late to keep Watson.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson officially asked for a trade weeks ago Per ESPN. So now we get to sit back and see who wins the power struggle. It’s going to get ugly in Houston.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson officially asked for a trade weeks ago Per ESPN. So now we get to sit back and see who wins the power struggle. It’s going to get ugly in Houston.

I'm putting my foot down if I'm Houston. They've handled things horribly, but torpedoeing their salary cap to trade him is not the answer.

He signed the second richest contract ever 5 months ago. He has no leverage and I say: "You play for Houston or you retire. Those are your options"

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting my foot down if I'm Houston. They've handled things horribly, but torpedoeing their salary cap to trade him is not the answer.

He signed the second richest contract ever 5 months ago. He has no leverage and I say: "You play for Houston or you retire. Those are your options"
I understand but we shall see. Many fans think Houston has all the leverage but I don’t think that the owners have the “cajones” to say you play for me or your done the only one so far was the Bengals owner with Palmer and he gave in eventually. Also the last thing you want is a completely disgruntled player you are paying big money to you force back on the team.
Cowboys should have done the you play or you sit out with Zeke but Jerry folded.
I think Watson will get traded but that’s just my opinion.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only way I would trade him, is if it was a killer deal for the texans.
Saw a thing on my sons facebook where the Panthers were offering some crazy shit. I thought Wow. I think I would trade Watson for that.
Jumped online to see if this was true. Havent found anything so I think it was just whoevers claim of what they should trade. Not a real trade offer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would trade him, is if it was a killer deal for the texans.
Saw a thing on my sons facebook where the Panthers were offering some crazy shit. I thought Wow. I think I would trade Watson for that.
Jumped online to see if this was true. Havent found anything so I think it was just whoevers claim of what they should trade. Not a real trade offer.
Carolina is a good destination also.

McCaffrey
Anderson
DJ Moore

Samuel is most likely gone.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could sit out and he strikes me as the type that might follow through.

With a new GM and coach, it's best to trade him for a haul and start rebuilding, especially since they are most likely getting a ton back.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Schefter said, "It's a game of chicken, who blinks first?"

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's the quarterback of the Houston Texans, and that's all that I was concerned about," Culley said, when asked about his knowledge of Watson's status when he was interviewing for the job. "That's all I knew and whatever was being said about what he wanted to do or didn't want to do. All I know is this. ...

"He is a Houston Texan. And I wanted to be a Houston Texan. And the reason I'm in this position today is because I knew he's going to be a Houston Texan. The outside stuff that was being said is irrelevant to me."

Culley gets an A for his introductory press conference. Whether they are going to entertain the idea of trading him or not, THAT is exactly what you come out and say at this point.