• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas gets paid long term

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT, Top 5...coming out of Tech I didn't see that either, but I think we both know Manning was a big part of his development. Now...it just depends on how hard he wants to work to stay there.

Julio...I expect ATL to hash out a similar contract for him before the season starts...they have the cap space...I think the only pause they are having is #1...what's the market? They know that now...#2..injury concern...idk how big that concern is...maybe they want to see him complete this season, but either way...the Falcons gave up way too much for JJ to be a one contract player here.

Manning is definitely the guy that has helped DT become the player he is. Manning demands for his receivers to run perfect routes and that is exactly what DT needed. He had all the raw talent in the world just needed the finer points of the position. It is why I think he can go on and have success beyond just Manning. Throw in his game is more about the YAC where he takes that screen pass or that 5-yard slant and turns it into a big play. He doesn't need an accurate QB for those type of plays. Throw in just look at the history of Kubiak's style of offense and you will see that even with mediocre QB's the #1 WR still put up big numbers.

Now with Julio yeah if I were Atlanta I would wait another year. Julio when healthy has shown to maybe be the best receiver in the game but he hasn't proven he can stay healthy long enough to establish himself like that. Another year of big numbers and then think about the big contract. No reason to rush things. Just like with the Broncos I hope they don't rush things with Von Miller. His two strikes scare the heck out of me that he is going to get suspended for a year. Make him work to show the team and fans that he can be trusted.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is good and explosive. I just wonder if once Peyton leaves, Denver looks back on this and realizes he wasn't quite as good as they thought he was...

Peyton has definitely helped DT become a premier receiver but I think this is one of those relationships that goes both ways. Not many other receivers can quite as consistently take such short passes for such huge gains like that of DT. Even an average QB can throw the easy screen play or 5-yard slant. He might not put up quite the monstrous numbers as he has been but then again Kubiak works hard to get the ball in the hands of his top receiver. He has since his days with Denver.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton has definitely helped DT become a premier receiver but I think this is one of those relationships that goes both ways. Not many other receivers can quite as consistently take such short passes for such huge gains like that of DT. Even an average QB can throw the easy screen play or 5-yard slant. He might not put up quite the monstrous numbers as he has been but then again Kubiak works hard to get the ball in the hands of his top receiver. He has since his days with Denver.

Hope so, I like the guy, but I'm not really convinced. But, didn't he have a huge game in the playoffs with Tebow at QB? That's quite a feat...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so, I like the guy, but I'm not really convinced. But, didn't he have a huge game in the playoffs with Tebow at QB? That's quite a feat...

Actually that season he was injured for the first 11 or so games. The last 5 of the regular season and then the two playoff games he averaged 106 yards a game (over 16 game season that would be about 1700 yards receiving) when he finally got healthy and that was with Tebow as his QB and the team throwing for around 15 times a game. So I think he has shown that when healthy it doesn't matter the QB he can still produce. He has the raw speed and strength to be a match up nightmare.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that season he was injured for the first 11 or so games. The last 5 of the regular season and then the two playoff games he averaged 106 yards a game (over 16 game season that would be about 1700 yards receiving) when he finally got healthy and that was with Tebow as his QB and the team throwing for around 15 times a game. So I think he has shown that when healthy it doesn't matter the QB he can still produce. He has the raw speed and strength to be a match up nightmare.

Yeah, but he God on his side...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he God on his side...

Haha well that may be. I guess we will find out soon enough if DT was just a product of having God and Peyton on his side so far in his career.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is definitely the guy that has helped DT become the player he is. Manning demands for his receivers to run perfect routes and that is exactly what DT needed. He had all the raw talent in the world just needed the finer points of the position. It is why I think he can go on and have success beyond just Manning. Throw in his game is more about the YAC where he takes that screen pass or that 5-yard slant and turns it into a big play. He doesn't need an accurate QB for those type of plays. Throw in just look at the history of Kubiak's style of offense and you will see that even with mediocre QB's the #1 WR still put up big numbers.

Now with Julio yeah if I were Atlanta I would wait another year. Julio when healthy has shown to maybe be the best receiver in the game but he hasn't proven he can stay healthy long enough to establish himself like that. Another year of big numbers and then think about the big contract. No reason to rush things. Just like with the Broncos I hope they don't rush things with Von Miller. His two strikes scare the heck out of me that he is going to get suspended for a year. Make him work to show the team and fans that he can be trusted.

DT...I think he will be fine w/o PM as well...the key is now that he has $43mil locked up...stay hungry.

Julio...he lives about 2 miles from my house actually...the reason I would do it now...his injury history is a little over blown...he missed 1 game LY, and 3 games his rookie year. Probably more so than DEN or DAL...the Falcons have no other true OFC threat that you must game plan for...Roddy is basically a possession guy now...I would go ahead and lock him up now so they know what they're working with going into the next FA period. ATL still needs an impact player on DEF and I expect them to be actively seeking one.