• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Hall of Fame

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this opinion doesnt surprise me. & I get how people not paying attention wouldnt know his importance. And He may not make it in, not because he isnt deserving, but how people view football nowadays. People want to be able to point at a # & say this is why. People are either more lazy or more dumb when voting.

Ed Reed. Got plenty of turnovers & people point to that, but realistically he was so much more. & in that so much more is why he is so deserving to be in the HOF. Not because they could point at some # & say this is why.

I think there are interior D-Lineman that should very least be considered for HOF, but if they dont have some sack # to point at. They wont be.

So I agree with you on the fact he may not get in or at least not get in before some of these others, but the question was asked to me. Who should? He is more than worthy of getting in before some of these others.

Uh... I just listed some names that from me watching football, were a bit more impactful than Woodson was. Not saying Woodson was undeserving or a less worthy player..... but I remember saying to myself: "Oh boy, gotta find a way to stop Willis/Allen/Freeney, etc." and don't remember saying, "OH NO, it's Darren Woodson!" Like ya, you had to for sure take him into account, I just don't think he was that large of an impact.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... I just listed some names that from me watching football, were a bit more impactful than Woodson was. Not saying Woodson was undeserving or a less worthy player..... but I remember saying to myself: "Oh boy, gotta find a way to stop Willis/Allen/Freeney, etc." and don't remember saying, "OH NO, it's Darren Woodson!" Like ya, you had to for sure take him into account, I just don't think he was that large of an impact.
I get that. You look at that individual player & the thing you can point at. They all concentrated on those one things they got noticed for. Where as Woodson. Did all of them. So it doesnt stand out. When removed from the defense the defense went to shit.

Willis to me was HOF worthy (Another guy that could do lots of things) but the fact he cut his own career short. Might stop him from getting in. (right or wrong) Dont remember exactly why. Think he was concerned with head trauma when the concerns about concussions got big.

If any of the guys you mention get in. Wont hurt my feelings.
I think with this list I completely see the initial votes getting spread among a bunch of them.
I think Joe Thomas is a lock though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. You look at that individual player & the thing you can point at. They all concentrated on those one things they got noticed for. Where as Woodson. Did all of them. So it doesnt stand out. When removed from the defense the defense went to shit.

Willis to me was HOF worthy (Another guy that could do lots of things) but the fact he cut his own career short. Might stop him from getting in. (right or wrong) Dont remember exactly why. Think he was concerned with head trauma when the concerns about concussions got big.

If any of the guys you mention get in. Wont hurt my feelings.
I think with this list I completely see the initial votes getting spread among a bunch of them.
I think Joe Thomas is a lock though.

Hey, I mean you follow your team more than I do... I really don't follow the Colts or Vikings, but those guys were a bit more of an impact to me when I watched matchups involving them (naturally I watched a lot of San Fran with Willis).

I think if Woodson got started when he was a bit younger and lasted a couple seasons outside of the SBOWL stretch the Cowboys had, he'd be a lock for sure. He deserves to be nominated, just not quite sure I'd put him above some other guys.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Joe Thomas

-Dwight Freeney

-Torry Holt

-Reggie Wayne

-DeMarcus Ware

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I mean you follow your team more than I do... I really don't follow the Colts or Vikings, but those guys were a bit more of an impact to me when I watched matchups involving them (naturally I watched a lot of San Fran with Willis).

I think if Woodson got started when he was a bit younger and lasted a couple seasons outside of the SBOWL stretch the Cowboys had, he'd be a lock for sure. He deserves to be nominated, just not quite sure I'd put him above some other guys.
I am not lobbying him to be the next guy in.
I am saying he better make it at some point.
Like you said getting in as a safety is much harder that an edge rusher or other positions.

My point is when people have that one thing to latch onto you have a better chance.
I am willing to bet people (especially younger) look at Jamal Adams & point to sacks or hitting & would say he was a much better Safety than Woodson. And really he is a one trick pony. But there is something to point at & say wow. And to your point. That is what people will remember.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not lobbying him to be the next guy in.
I am saying he better make it at some point.
Like you said getting in as a safety is much harder that an edge rusher or other positions.

My point is when people have that one thing to latch onto you have a better chance.
I am willing to bet people (especially younger) look at Jamal Adams & point to sacks or hitting & would say he was a much better Safety than Woodson. And really he is a one trick pony. But there is something to point at & say wow. And to your point. That is what people will remember.

Jamal Adams had potential to be better than Woodson but never lived up to it because he couldn't stay healthy. Nobody with any ounce of sanity said Jamal Adams was a better safety than Woodson (at least as of now). Knock that off, you're just sounding salty now.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams had potential to be better than Woodson but never lived up to it because he couldn't stay healthy. Nobody with any ounce of sanity said Jamal Adams was a better safety than Woodson (at least as of now). Knock that off, you're just sounding salty now.
Not salty at all. I think you just underestimate young people.
I have already talked to people (I live in WA) about Adams & plenty of thought he is one of the top safeties. When I give them the WTF face the 1st thing they usually say is look at his sacks. LOL
Again as long they have something to point at. They will validate. But then again you did say with an ounce of sanity. So there is your loophole vs. my experience to talking with some hawk fans.

As far as what me & you think is gonna happen. I believe we are pretty much on the same page.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not salty at all. I think you just underestimate young people.
I have already talked to people (I live in WA) about Adams & plenty of thought he is one of the top safeties. When I give them the WTF face the 1st thing they usually say is look at his sacks. LOL
Again as long they have something to point at. They will validate. But then again you did say with an ounce of sanity. So there is your loophole vs. my experience to talking with some hawk fans.

As far as what me & you think is gonna happen. I believe we are pretty much on the same page.

I underestimate young people? lmao, where the hell did that come from? I was the one saying I would trade DK Metcalf or the Denver 1st and 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for Parsons straight up... but I guess I underestimate young people?

Schmoopy, put the bottle down... that's saying something, coming from me.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I underestimate young people? lmao, where the hell did that come from? I was the one saying I would trade DK Metcalf or the Denver 1st and 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for Parsons straight up... but I guess I underestimate young people?

Schmoopy, put the bottle down... that's saying something, coming from me.
LOL
I am willing to bet people (especially younger) look at Jamal Adams - Schmoop
That is where it came from :suds:

BTW I am happy the Seahawks disagreed with you. Much better for us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
I am willing to bet people (especially younger) look at Jamal Adams - Schmoop
That is where it came from :suds:

BTW I am happy the Seahawks disagreed with you. Much better for us.

K.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrelle Revis
Torry Holt
Joe Thomas
Patrick Willis
Hines Ward

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeney, Mathis, Wayne, Andre Johnson, and Revis

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once saw Woodson blanket Joey Galloway on a last minute drive led by Warren Moon. Galloway lined up in the slot on 3rd and 4rth down. Woodson locked him up and knocked away both passes. Dallas Cowboy all time leading tackler. Woodson was always overshadowed by the Triplets but they played defense too. He was the best player on that side of the ball. There will be some that will say Charles Haley or Deion. Deion played about 8 -10 games a year for the Cowboys and was part of one Superbowl.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrelle Revis
Joe Thomas
Patrick Willis
DeMarcus Ware

Not sure the rest get in this year, but I think Holt has a good chance.