• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deebo wants out

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree but maybe this is the right time to move on. He's shown he can be injury prone especially if San Fran continues to use him the way they do. He wants a big payday. It depends on what they get for him...obviously draft picks are unknowns but if they were to get a mid-round 1st this year or even #10 from NYJ that certainly does a lot of thing for San Fran from all aspects.

You get a young, talented WR on a rookie contract that will start day one with Lance. Again, production will not be comparable at first but it could be. A guy like Wilson, London, Williams, Olave or Burks is a nice weapon for Lance coupled with Kittle and Aiyuk.
If that's where it lands, I'm good with Kittle, Aiyuk and bringing in a young/veteran supporting cast. I care less about the $$ side of things, though. I'm ok paying the man looking at how much the cap is expected to rise in the coming years. Seems like there will be maneuvarability down the road. We've seen what Deebo is capable of, and replacing that is no easy task. Injury risk and all. I, personally, would like to see less of him outta the backfield. Those hits are so much heavier, and during the playoff run you could see them taking a toll.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna disagree. I'll just say that future is a bit brighter with Deebo in there.
Definitely but if he doesnt want to be there then it is what it is. You guys have a top 5 offensive mind as a coach, too. Arguably the best.

But a disgruntled star isnt a way forward

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely but if he doesnt want to be there then it is what it is. You guys have a top 5 offensive mind as a coach, too. Arguably the best.

My broader point is that I'm not convinced he doesn't want to be there. The NFL is full of offseason drama played out through leaks. This just seems like potential negotiating drama to me. Hope I'm NOT wrong, but yeah - I get your point if he's dug-in and doesn't actually want to be there. The FO are kinda assholes negotiating with players... so I can see this being a tactic where they're like "F-U Paraag... we're not gonna negotiate this way".

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My broader point is that I'm not convinced he doesn't want to be there. The NFL is full of offseason drama played out through leaks. This just seems like potential negotiating drama to me. Hope I'm NOT wrong, but yeah - I get your point if he's dug-in and doesn't actually want to be there. The FO are kinda assholes negotiating with players... so I can see this being a tactic where they're like "F-U Paraag... we're not gonna negotiate this way".
It sounds to me like every sign points to him not wanting to be there, some cases are different for sure but it's the reason the 49ers haven't offered a contract yet. There is no repair, trade him and move on.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rappaport, just like Schefter, is an access journalist. Lot's of folks use them to leak info during negotiations. I take anything they put out there with a huge grain of salt. Either way, the 49ers have leverage at this point. Granted... if someone does offer them a boatload, a trade could be the outcome.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds to me like every sign points to him not wanting to be there, some cases are different for sure but it's the reason the 49ers haven't offered a contract yet. There is no repair, trade him and move on.
Definitely a lot of smoke out there... if it's an actual fire, I'll eat crow. And hope that the team gets solid value in return.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IS Bill going to even try and get a WR in this years draft though?
I think mid to late rounds if the value is there. Or something he sees that others may not have?

That or for sure he has a couple of potential UDFA on speed dial.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excitedly watching all this news and feeling happy about it for fantasy football reasons (I own Aiyuk and Reagor in dynasty). I know, I know. I'm a terrible person.
Would be a good fit for raegor, hes not a good receiver, hes a good athlete. The YAC machine that is shanny's system suits him

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all that we know, Deebo could be just a great fit in SF’s scheme and injury concern. A lot of risk giving up potentially draft picks and $25M/year…I get it though. Any draft pick there is a lot of risk as well
hes a fantastic fit for that system. So was aiyuk. they are both dynamic with the ball in their hands and YAC monsters. Aiyuk was at least in college, thats why he went round 1, and also why shanny wanted him. I don't know where deebo can go to find that kinda fit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a fantastic fit for that system. So was aiyuk. they are both dynamic with the ball in their hands and YAC monsters. Aiyuk was at least in college, thats why he went round 1, and also why shanny wanted him. I don't know where deebo can go to find that kinda fit.
Yep but he didn’t want to play that RB/WR role anymore and wants a more traditional role so a scheme change was needed regardless

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jets are reportedly willing to give up pick #10 for him which if true wouldn't surprise me if a deal happens. My guess is the 9ers are going to do whatever they can to get a deal done with Deebo and if he's still on board they'll shop him right before the draft.

I'd hate to lose Deebo but I do feel the team as a whole could get better if they got the #10 overall for him. Not just from the player you draft but from the money you don't have to spend as well.

The 9ers desperately need offensive lineman as it's Trent Williams and a whole lotta nothing else right now. They aren't sure if their C Alex Mack is going to be back and even if he is he's showing his age. RT had a serious injury last season and who knows how he returns, lost the LG to the Jets and now planning on starting a 2nd year guy that couldn't crack the lineup last season, and RG has always been below average.

Give me pick #10 and either get a pass rusher to bookend with Bosa or flip it for me picks and load up on offensive lineman.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets are reportedly willing to give up pick #10 for him which if true wouldn't surprise me if a deal happens. My guess is the 9ers are going to do whatever they can to get a deal done with Deebo and if he's still on board they'll shop him right before the draft.

I'd hate to lose Deebo but I do feel the team as a whole could get better if they got the #10 overall for him. Not just from the player you draft but from the money you don't have to spend as well.

The 9ers desperately need offensive lineman as it's Trent Williams and a whole lotta nothing else right now. They aren't sure if their C Alex Mack is going to be back and even if he is he's showing his age. RT had a serious injury last season and who knows how he returns, lost the LG to the Jets and now planning on starting a 2nd year guy that couldn't crack the lineup last season, and RG has always been below average.

Give me pick #10 and either get a pass rusher to bookend with Bosa or flip it for me picks and load up on offensive lineman.
The Jets are gonna Jet

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are gonna Jet

Yeah, they just don't seem ready to be worrying about additional WRs. Is he going to play the slot, or do they move Moore there? Davis/Moore/Berrios in place with a receiving RB in Carter and Uzomah and Conklin at TE. I guess he could be the final piece to the passing game targets for them? No more excuses for Wilson, at least in terms of surrounding skill position talent, if the trade goes down.

Jets could land the first WR in the draft at 10 (and certainly a top 2-3 guy at worst). Deebo just doesn't stay healthy, tough to rely on.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the Jets getting Deebo is that they should want him to play like he did last year. I get that Deebo doesnt want to play that RB/WR hybrid if he isnt getting paid but if he is getting paid then thats what he should play. If I'm the Jets, I want to beat the Bills and having a scary run hybrid weapon is way better than paying Deebo to be a normal WR.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the Jets getting Deebo is that they should want him to play like he did last year. I get that Deebo doesnt want to play that RB/WR hybrid if he isnt getting paid but if he is getting paid then thats what he should play. If I'm the Jets, I want to beat the Bills and having a scary run hybrid weapon is way better than paying Deebo to be a normal WR.

Right, and hopefully they understand what he wants. Otherwise his value dips.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isnt the NBA. If the 49ers dont want to move on from Deebo this year, they can. He will have to show up and play. There is no mechanism for him to hold out any longer.

If Deebo missed 3 DAYS of training camp....just 3 days, he goes from being a UFA next offseason to being a RFA.

That is the only reason that him and the other WR's like AJ Brown skipping mini-camps was news. It was their agents pushing the news cycle because that is the biggest splash that they are allowed to make under the new CBA. 3 years ago that wouldnt have even been a story.

I kind of think that SF is in a position where they almost have to play hardball with him like that. Unless they somehow got a vet playmaker back in return for him. That SF offense just isnt even close to ready to be Deebo-less. And a rookie WR doesn't help enough.

If I am SF, I just tell Deebo and his agent that they plan a Davonte Adams kind of thing. Play out the rookie contract and then do a tag and trade. And just let them know that you will not play him at RB like they did last season. But that is the best they can offer. Unless they got just absolutely blown away by an offer (2 1st round picks +).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isnt the NBA. If the 49ers dont want to move on from Deebo this year, they can. He will have to show up and play. There is no mechanism for him to hold out any longer.

If Deebo missed 3 DAYS of training camp....just 3 days, he goes from being a UFA next offseason to being a RFA.

That is the only reason that him and the other WR's like AJ Brown skipping mini-camps was news. It was their agents pushing the news cycle because that is the biggest splash that they are allowed to make under the new CBA. 3 years ago that wouldnt have even been a story.

I kind of think that SF is in a position where they almost have to play hardball with him like that. Unless they somehow got a vet playmaker back in return for him. That SF offense just isnt even close to ready to be Deebo-less. And a rookie WR doesn't help enough.

If I am SF, I just tell Deebo and his agent that they plan a Davonte Adams kind of thing. Play out the rookie contract and then do a tag and trade. And just let them know that you will not play him at RB like they did last season. But that is the best they can offer. Unless they got just absolutely blown away by an offer (2 1st round picks +).
He isnt Davonte Adams, though. If he gets used like a RB, his value will go down every year and all parties know it. I might be blanking but has a team ever had a player hate the team and still be used as a focal point? That seems rough.

Bell got a couple of years of good cash. Maybe thats his career arc.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is he's only had one great year or really only one year of good production. His value is probably at his highest now especially since he didn't want to play the hybird role. If you can get the #10 and whatever then you take it right now.