• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deebo wants out

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guy tells me the Cowboys just traded a 4th and a stick of juicyfruit for him.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange trend with WR this season. This going to become a norm?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts make the most sense to me, maybe the Patriots, although they'd have to clear a lot of cap.
Can't see NE as serious contenders in this.

Beside clearing the necessary cap they have other more glaring holes IMO. LB, DB and both sides of the line.

Love to have Deebo but not sure I'm willing to give up our 1st + and the contract he'll demand.

Wait till the draft, see what we can find in the mid to late rounds or see what veteran FA WRs are still out there.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about the money for Deebo.....he doesn't wanna be there anymore.

Probably has something to do with an inexperienced QB who is the future there.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but think that a good piece of this is negotiating tactics. Wishful thinking, perhaps. I could see a scenario where the FO floated potential deals based on a WR/RB contract, stressing Deebo's injury issue. Essentially low-balling him (like they are known to do). So leaking that you only want to be a WR creates a perception, at least, that this tactic won't fly.

Jimmy G's surgery initially f-d things up. Then the WR market completely blew up. When the dust settles, I'm guessing we're gonna hear that a few teams made offers for something like a 3rd round pick for Jimmy, but the team held out for something closer to what Indy got for Wentz. Then the market passed them by. Bad calculus by the FO.

They can't sign Deebo until they figure out Jimmy's contract situation and stay under the cap. They can't really cut Jimmy now... I mean, they can, but it'll cost them against the cap today and they get nothing in return. If Jimmy's contract was off the books, they'd have a lot more flexibility now. Plus there's the whole agent side of things and when the first of his three remaining dominoes fall. The niners want to wait... and he wants to get his clients paid now while the market is hot.

Either way, the Niners don't have to do anything. If someone offers a boatload before the draft, that's one thing. But if a deal isn't there, they will wait for the Jimmy situation to resolve, then deal with Deebo during training camp.

This feels a bit like theater. Hope I'm not wrong, because Deebo's a beast, and the Niners are a whole lot better with him than without him. If he isn't traded by the draft, I'm hopeful that they'll work something out.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would love to keep him but I wouldn't hate to trade him since he's a guy that can struggle to stay healthy.

And no doubt he'd be a loss I do think guys like Aiyuk and even Kittle have room to pick up the slack. Kittle had a monster year for a TE the year before Deebo was drafted and Aiyuk just needs a better QB to throw him the ball mainly one that can hit outside the numbers.

I don't think this is an issue of usage or Trey Lance being the starter but it all boils down to money and the 9ers aren't a team that rushes out and offers extensions asap and it's been said they haven't even made an offer yet so I see this as a pay me or trade me move.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to keep him but I wouldn't hate to trade him since he's a guy that can struggle to stay healthy.

And no doubt he'd be a loss I do think guys like Aiyuk and even Kittle have room to pick up the slack. Kittle had a monster year for a TE the year before Deebo was drafted and Aiyuk just needs a better QB to throw him the ball mainly one that can hit outside the numbers.

I don't think this is an issue of usage or Trey Lance being the starter but it all boils down to money and the 9ers aren't a team that rushes out and offers extensions asap and it's been said they haven't even made an offer yet so I see this as a pay me or trade me move.
This is why I think it's a bit of theater right now. Regarding your other points... I agree to some extent, but I'd hate to trade him. He'd be a huge loss.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see NE as serious contenders in this.

Beside clearing the necessary cap they have other more glaring holes IMO. LB, DB and both sides of the line.

Love to have Deebo but not sure I'm willing to give up our 1st + and the contract he'll demand.

Wait till the draft, see what we can find in the mid to late rounds or see what veteran FA WRs are still out there.

IS Bill going to even try and get a WR in this years draft though?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners have the best LT in the game, a top 5 TE, and a WR they picked in the first round still. Build some depth around that and Lance has a great environment to develop. Deebo or not. Lance is the future.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners have the best LT in the game, a top 5 TE, and a WR they picked in the first round still. Build some depth around that and Lance has a great environment to develop. Deebo or not. Lance is the future.
Not gonna disagree. I'll just say that future is a bit brighter with Deebo in there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna disagree. I'll just say that future is a bit brighter with Deebo in there.
Can't disagree but maybe this is the right time to move on. He's shown he can be injury prone especially if San Fran continues to use him the way they do. He wants a big payday. It depends on what they get for him...obviously draft picks are unknowns but if they were to get a mid-round 1st this year or even #10 from NYJ that certainly does a lot of thing for San Fran from all aspects.

You get a young, talented WR on a rookie contract that will start day one with Lance. Again, production will not be comparable at first but it could be. A guy like Wilson, London, Williams, Olave or Burks is a nice weapon for Lance coupled with Kittle and Aiyuk.