• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Servais Out

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The failure of Servais is not in how bad the hitting is with the team, but it was the overall mental/focus on the club that went sideways. As frustrated as we all are nobody feels worse and embarrassed right now than the players. They most definitely felt the anxiety when the Astros were marching and catching up in the standings. When they finally lost the lead losing to teams 5-10 games under .500 it was like the team went into cardiac arrest. They couldn't gather themselves, some players got injured and it was a spiral downward. The job of the manager is to stop all that from happening and bring the team together. The problem of what we are seeing is not just a lack of skill/talent issue this is a "I don't want to come to work anymore" problem.
yeah...
maybe..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing though ..it would seem...
hard...
to have...guys produce..

.(in the office .
while taking all .the.money..away..
for..them to get guys..with..)..

then saying ..they are fired ..
for..owners .keeping all.the money
there.is..that...but garver...seems .
a..misfire .....
for..25 mil..

back up catcher..maybe ok..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure..1st..ya handcuff..them...

then tell.them..they..are fired...

for not producing...out of..there .
backside....(pulling something..out.of.it)

well.....ya know

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking.about..scott..cuz .thats..
over..
with..
but maybe..owners should get..
there shit..together..
before my hiring..or ..firing .
anyone else...

just saying....ya know..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cuz.right..know..if they..fire..depoto..

it looks. like they..are firing..themselves..

for being cheap...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so .a gift...a mirror...to see..with..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with there isn’t any downside of letting Servais, but I fear that there is downside of hiring Dan as the full time manager right now instead of just giving him the interim tag. IMO giving him the legit job seems like Dan is more FO than the guy they hate in Dipoto.
I don't see the problem.

Dipshit said he didn't want the interim tag on him because he has seen that deligitimize managers in the past and he wanted the players to be able to buy in and support him right away.

It in no way means they couldn't still replace him in this up coming off season.

Sure that isn't likely, but if they had issues they could still dump him at any time.

The reality is they probably have him at least through next season no matter what.

And again, from my vantage he can't do worse than Servais so I personally see no downside.

Just my opinion.

Dipshit being open to changing how the team approaches hitting will be more key to improvements going forward than who is managing their approach. That is what I'll be watching these last games.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to go out and hire a proven experienced coach, not another first time head coach to save money like they’ve done over and over for decades now … Look at the difference Lou made when we hired him, that’s what the M’s need, you gotta pay more but it’s worth it … They keep throwing $&&& at a wall to see if it sticks … GO get a proven manager who’s had success ! Stop repeating the same stuff over and over HOPING to find a good manager, GO GET ONE!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to go out and hire a proven experienced coach, not another first time head coach to save money like they’ve done over and over for decades now … Look at the difference Lou made when we hired him, that’s what the M’s need, you gotta pay more but it’s worth it … They keep throwing $&&& at a wall to see if it sticks … GO get a proven manager who’s had success ! Stop repeating the same stuff over and over HOPING to find a good manager, GO GET ONE!!
Problem is Seattle won’t get a manager who has any experience that has won before unless they overpay, or you get an old manager who just wants a payday. What guy who want to come to a place where the head guy is on the hot seat and allegedly way to hands on

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny is a decent compromise for now.

Dipshit had so many issues with socha that he brought in a guy fully in his camp to run things his way.

Danny isn't his guy, but has been around him long enough that both are comfortable with each other or it wouldn't have happened.

I'm not going to knock it until there's a need to. There is at least a chance Wilson will have more leeway to make changes to their offensive approach so I'll give them that chance.

Maybe I'm just burned out on the never ending negativity.

For now I just celebrate that at least we will get some change instead of a postseason message telling us they are doing us favors again. It's at least something.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dipshit had so many issues with socha that he brought in a guy fully in his camp to run things his way.

Danny isn't his guy, but has been around him long enough that both are comfortable with each other or it wouldn't have happened.

I'm not going to knock it until there's a need to. There is at least a chance Wilson will have more leeway to make changes to their offensive approach so I'll give them that chance.

For now I just celebrate that at least we will get some change instead of a postseason message telling us they are doing us favors again. It's at least something.
Yeah, I’m cool with Wilson, it’s a change and could end up being positive, but we’ve done this brand new manager thing for a LONG time and it clearly hasn’t worked out… Good managers can make a huge difference, improving players, good discipline, smart decisions in close games… Lou proved that, he turned that early 90’s Mariners team around fast, even with shitty ownership being cheap …

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I’m cool with Wilson, it’s a change and could end up being positive, but we’ve done this brand new manager thing for a LONG time and it clearly hasn’t worked out… Good managers can make a huge difference, improving players, good discipline, smart decisions in close games… Lou proved that, he turned that early 90’s Mariners team around fast, even with shitty ownership being cheap …
Lou is the only real manager the team has had in its history. They were never good before him, and have sputtered since.

The thing is they also had GM issues and the big question now is can Jerry be saved or is he destined to always hold them back from being great?

He has rebuilt the farm system which you must have if you have cheap owners. And he's been pretty good at dealing with pitching talent.

Losing those in an attempt to fix the offense could make them even worse.

He must grow and let someone else takeover the hitting part of it if this club is ever going to take the next step.

Again, they don't need to be top 3rd in the league in hitting. We are only asking to reach middle of the road.

Maybe this is enough of a wakeup call to Jerry and Danny can help move them in that direction.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The failure of Servais is not in how bad the hitting is with the team, but it was the overall mental/focus on the club that went sideways. As frustrated as we all are nobody feels worse and embarrassed right now than the players. They most definitely felt the anxiety when the Astros were marching and catching up in the standings. When they finally lost the lead losing to teams 5-10 games under .500 it was like the team went into cardiac arrest. They couldn't gather themselves, some players got injured and it was a spiral downward. The job of the manager is to stop all that from happening and bring the team together. The problem of what we are seeing is not just a lack of skill/talent issue this is a "I don't want to come to work anymore" problem.
One thing I learned in my years as a player and then a coach is that not all players get embarrassed or feel worse than others. Winning has to be learned. Losing is easily accepted if done enough. Lou knew this and he changed the culture. All we get is the same guy in who is happy to have a job and won't make waves. That is the blueprint of a losing organization.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Danny is the reimagine 2.0. Buys Dipoto time to mess around for another a year and a half before fans start to gauge if this is working or not. Dipoto may be a stupid baseball man, but he is not a stupid business man.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I learned in my years as a player and then a coach is that not all players get embarrassed or feel worse than others. Winning has to be learned. Losing is easily accepted if done enough. Lou knew this and he changed the culture. All we get is the same guy in who is happy to have a job and won't make waves. That is the blueprint of a losing organization.
Danny played for Lou. And for several crap sandwiches after.

I trust him to understand that fire far more than Scott did.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 100% he will. The way this whole thing smells like this was ownership making the call not Jerry. I highly doubt Jerry and Dan spoke about him being on deck if Scott was fired. But that definitely seems like a conversation Stanton would’ve had with him. The only real question is how is Dan and Edgar are going to handle analytical guys.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing was to watch Bob Melvin leave and go win with other organizations

that is the mariners owners ....
lose.at any .cost ....
from spending .nothing...

so they.can.put.it.in.there.pockets

they care more about .that .than
baseball...that is the problem..

Last edited:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly fine with Wilson too. I mean would I prefer a proven winner like Lou? Yeah of course, but that's not how this franchise operates. I'm willing to give Wilson the entirety of the 2025 season before deciding. Obviously it's a very big unknown with his lack of managing experience, but he does have a lot of baseball experience and a seemingly high baseball IQ, so I guess we'll see.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny played for Lou. And for several crap sandwiches after.

I trust him to understand that fire far more than Scott did.
Playing for a guy that had fire doesn't make you have that fire. If it did, my daughter would have been the freaking Ghost Rider. Fire comes within. And he doesn't have to have Lou's fire.He just needs to show fire at the right spots. Kicking guys in the ass if they slack off or have mental breakdowns on the field and to show fire when they are getting screwed. The Arozarena flair up was the most emotion I have seen from this team all year. Hell, Winker showed more fire his one year than all the other player who played with him or since.