• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Servais Out

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly fine with Wilson too. I mean would I prefer a proven winner like Lou? Yeah of course, but that's not how this franchise operates. I'm willing to give Wilson the entirety of the 2025 season before deciding.
And Dipoto wins again. That is exactly why they hired him. The exact reason the brought back Haniger. The exact reason for 'reimagine'. Dipoto could teach a class on buying time. Not picking on you, but you proved my pint from the minute they hired him. If he hired Acta, fans would be outraged that he didn't do his due diligence in the hiring. There would be no giving him the benefit of the doubt. Jerry is as smart as it gets on smoke screens.

I hope Dan works out and this has nothing to do with him at all. But no franchise looking for championships runs out and hires a guy with no experience on the whim that has nothing on his resume other than he was a MLB catcher...which I remind you was exactly what Jerry did 8 or 9 years ago with said Servais.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take long for Danny to find his team in a deficit

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dipoto wins again. That is exactly why they hired him. The exact reason the brought back Haniger. The exact reason for 'reimagine'. Dipoto could teach a class on buying time. Not picking on you, but you proved my pint from the minute they hired him. If he hired Acta, fans would be outraged that he didn't do his due diligence in the hiring. There would be no giving him the benefit of the doubt. Jerry is as smart as it gets on smoke screens.

I hope Dan works out and this has nothing to do with him at all. But no franchise looking for championships runs out and hires a guy with no experience on the whim that has nothing on his resume other than he was a MLB catcher...which I remind you was exactly what Jerry did 8 or 9 years ago with said Servais.
I mean, maybe, but I don't totally agree. If it was up to me Dipoto would be gone as well. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I'm not gonna dump on Wilson as a manager if the Mariners suck next year, but I will absolutely continue to direct my ire at Dipoto. He has zero excuses left.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take long for Danny to find his team in a deficit
SOS

Same Ole Shit

We only get two hits against a guy who had over a 5.12 ERA heading into the game.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching or listening, but they should definitely be getting booed off the field tonight.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! They came back and won!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly don’t think this is a nostalgia thing though. Dan has been mentioned for years about being a coach. Edgar already was the hitting coach during the only time in Dipoto’s tenure they have a decent offense. While them being 95 to avoid boo’s, there is at least some logic.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly don’t think this is a nostalgia thing though. Dan has been mentioned for years about being a coach. Edgar already was the hitting coach during the only time in Dipoto’s tenure they have a decent offense. While them being 95 to avoid boo’s, there is at least some logic.
we had nelson cruz and robinson cano in the lineup every day back then along with any number of all star players at various points from mid 2015-2018. if anything, with the amount of payroll put into offense back then, they underperformed pretty significantly. it was a disappointing time for the org from top to bottom, so let's not be revisionist.

adding edgar is by far my favorite part of all of these changes, don't get me wrong. nobody has more knowledge than edgar, but he can't swing the bats for players. it's a loser mentality to blame hitting coaches for somebody like julio or any of the losers in this feckless lineup for being lumps of shit in the batters box. it's gotten really old seeing it over and over again by reporters and the weirdos who dominate m's social media. they're just bad. bad on paper. bad in reality. bad.

naming dan was a PR/nostalgia move, period. that's true even if he had been hinting to the org he would want to be a skipper. i'd be willing to bet that one of his stipulations for coming on was that he got to name his own hitting coach, and i believe him when he says there's nobody he trusts with hitters more than edgar

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, maybe, but I don't totally agree. If it was up to me Dipoto would be gone as well. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I'm not gonna dump on Wilson as a manager if the Mariners suck next year, but I will absolutely continue to direct my ire at Dipoto. He has zero excuses left.
No I get what you were saying and I was referring more to the common fan who doesn't get the motives behind this. Hell, I hope Dan becomes the winningest manager in M's history. I just want Dipoto to get any credit for all he has done to this franchise. He is horrible.

Sorry I really wasn't trying to call you out. My point was this move even can make a dedicated fan (or fool like I call myself with this team) back the new way even though it is the same as the old way. Wilson was hired because he can get people to pull for him w/o trying. He is a good man and how ugly will it be if they have to let him go?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had nelson cruz and robinson cano in the lineup every day back then along with any number of all star players at various points from mid 2015-2018. if anything, with the amount of payroll put into offense back then, they underperformed pretty significantly. it was a disappointing time for the org from top to bottom, so let's not be revisionist.

adding edgar is by far my favorite part of all of these changes, don't get me wrong. nobody has more knowledge than edgar, but he can't swing the bats for players. it's a loser mentality to blame hitting coaches for somebody like julio or any of the losers in this feckless lineup for being lumps of shit in the batters box. it's gotten really old seeing it over and over again by reporters and the weirdos who dominate m's social media. they're just bad. bad on paper. bad in reality. bad.

naming dan was a PR/nostalgia move, period. that's true even if he had been hinting to the org he would want to be a skipper. i'd be willing to bet that one of his stipulations for coming on was that he got to name his own hitting coach, and i believe him when he says there's nobody he trusts with hitters more than edgar
My thing is Dan has always been mentioned as a manager candidate for the M’s since Jerry was hired. And Edgar has been a hitting coach before. Won’t pretend to know the insides but Mark Trumbo attributed to his monster year after he left the Mariners strictly on Edgar.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is Dan has always been mentioned as a manager candidate for the M’s since Jerry was hired. And Edgar has been a hitting coach before. Won’t pretend to know the insides but Mark Trumbo attributed to his monster year after he left the Mariners strictly on Edgar.
I had managed to totally forget about that guy thanks for the reminder lmao

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had managed to totally forget about that guy thanks for the reminder lmao
I truly only really remember it because Trumbo was really the 1st guy in Jerry’s tenure that left and went off. But now Jerry has dfa’d, not resigned or traded countless all stars

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clock is ticking for Dipoto. Throwing Servais under the bus isn't gonna save his butt. Stanton needs to lead or get the hell out of the way and sell the franchise to owners that truly want a winning outcome.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clock is ticking for Dipoto. Throwing Servais under the bus isn't gonna save his butt. Stanton needs to lead or get the hell out of the way and sell the franchise to owners that truly want a winning outcome.
I do think Stanton is “leading”. I don’t think anyone can convince me that this whole situation was ownership stripping Jerry of full control.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Wilson is a good hire. He played under Lou for years and saw how things ran under him which brought success. He should have a better idea on how to manage the bullpen being a catcher himself and also should know when and when not to pull the starter. The only thing he can do this year is instill his culture with the guys he has and find a way to get these guys motivated.