• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Servais Out

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can do better than this…. We can hate Servais all we want… but he gave them 9 seasons… he deserved better. What a classless move.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just missing Jr and Bone. They’re bringing the band back together for tix!
fly in sweet lou from florida, too. surely there are some pac nw senior independent living commercials he can film while he makes some dugout appearances.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's sad when I'm more excited about the Seahawks trading CB Michael Jackson for rookie 7th rounder, LB Michael Barrett over Servais getting fired... At least the Hawks give me hope, unlike the Mariners...
I thought the same thing!!!:suds:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :suds::suds::suds::suds::wave::wave::wave:

Seattle Mariners President of Baseball Operations Jerry Dipoto announced today that Dan Wilson has been named as the team's new field manager. Wilson will manage his first game tomorrow, August 23, when the Mariners host the San Francisco Giants at T-Mobile Park. Wilson is the 21st manager in club history (18th fulltime).

Scott Servais has been relieved of his duties, effective immediately. In addition, the Mariners have let go hitting coach Jarret DeHart.

"We believe that we need a new voice in the clubhouse," Dipoto said. "Dan knows our team and has been a key member of our organization working with players at every level over the past 11 years. He is well respected within and outside of our clubhouse and we are confident he will do a great job in leading our group over the final six weeks of the season and moving forward."

"I do want to thank Scott for all his efforts here in Seattle over the past nine seasons," Dipoto said. "He has poured his passion into the team and our community, and I know I speak for the entire Mariners organization in thanking him for his hard work."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said before, makes more sense to do it in stages. get rid of servais and make it a pr circus. ride that for as long as possible. if the warm fuzzies from media/social media don't quite last through the end of the season from that, get rid of dipoto which you were going to do in the offseason anyway, and use hollander as a mouthpiece for empty promises about rebuilding and wanting to build a contender to ride out the end of september.

dipoto's loyalty to scott only went so far, obviously. 6 weeks before the end of the season maybe a little too early to resign for him. there's no way dipoto doesn't see what's coming, though. these next few weeks will get really interesting.

anyhoo, i've said my piece and then some for the past few days. the m's are shit. they will be shit until there are top down changes starting with ownership, so probably forever, though they may fluke their way to the post season once or twice in the next couple decades thanks to the expanded WCs. that's that and i won't keep harping on it. i drank the kool aid for almost 40 years, so i'm not going to badger others for doing the same. apologies for being a shit lately.

i haven't watched an m's game other than some highlights on my DVR's since early july, but i'm going to watch through the end of the season to see how dan does. literally the only reason. so Stanton and company win, lol. i want to see him dan do well and land with a good club someday like Vogt did after working in this bottom of the barrell shit show for a short time. cleveland has been a lot of fun to watch along with baltimore, which has been my 2nd fav club since i was stationed in Virginia back in the early 00s. spent a lot of time at camden yards.
Don’t disagree. It just seems if Jerry is remotely on the chopping block then Stanton/ownership just pulled a pretty evil move making him fire his friend

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no possible way they can continue being friends if that is true.
Well if you read his letter you will notice one name omitted.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not nearly as negative about this as it seems many/most of you are.

Wilson has been around the team for all 9 of the years Dipshit has been there. It might be a curse, but it might be a boon for turning things around. The players know him, he will be up to speed fast, and there's at least a chance he has enough cache to actually bring changes to how things are done.

Dipshit said they were going to have to change how they speak to the players about hitting. If that means they overall need to adapt their approach to the players strengths then there's hope. If that means they feel they need to explain their existing philosophy in a different way it won't make much difference to have Danny there.

Meanwhile we now have several weeks to see if they can let loose and hit the fucking ball at all and have the players audition for next year if nothing else.

As I said, there is no downside to letting Scott go and I don't see a lot of downside to let Wilson take control of the clubhouse. I'm not going to worry about the what ifs until there's a need to. If the team doesn't improve at all we can hope it's Dipshit that gets the ax before Danny.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I’m not opposed to him being the manager but this is setting him up to fail badly.
Dipoto said it was a bad time to conduct a manager search. He picked the time!!!! Then hire Wilson or a coach as an interim then do I search after game 162 when we are done. If Wilson is still the guy, then so be it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just missing Jr and Bone. They’re bringing the band back together for tix!
I brother texted me the same thing after I sent him the Edgar thing this morning. I said you might as well include Ichiro for outfield and base running coach. This would bring in the best players of the two franchise setting seasons so we could celebrate them all year long.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you read his letter you will notice one name omitted.

Wow, thanked ownership too. Doubt Christmas cards will be exchanged this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not nearly as negative about this as it seems many/most of you are.

Wilson has been around the team for all 9 of the years Dipshit has been there. It might be a curse, but it might be a boon for turning things around. The players know him, he will be up to speed fast, and there's at least a chance he has enough cache to actually bring changes to how things are done.

Dipshit said they were going to have to change how they speak to the players about hitting. If that means they overall need to adapt their approach to the players strengths then there's hope. If that means they feel they need to explain their existing philosophy in a different way it won't make much difference to have Danny there.

Meanwhile we now have several weeks to see if they can let loose and hit the fucking ball at all and have the players audition for next year if nothing else.

As I said, there is no downside to letting Scott go and I don't see a lot of downside to let Wilson take control of the clubhouse. I'm not going to worry about the what ifs until there's a need to. If the team doesn't improve at all we can hope it's Dipshit that gets the ax before Danny.
Agree with there isn’t any downside of letting Servais, but I fear that there is downside of hiring Dan as the full time manager right now instead of just giving him the interim tag. IMO giving him the legit job seems like Dan is more FO than the guy they hate in Dipoto.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's see..what.the.mariners have..
here..
win or lose...

if they keep.dipoto...
no doubt.changes are coming

either .way...
mariners.lack....a 3rd..and 4th...
hitter...
polanco..could.do..for..now...as..#3..
I suppose..
turner .not really .at.#4...

1b is a spot .they need to address..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baseball...is. a what. ..have you done.
for me lately..business..

if ya go..below the..line.....it's time.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing though ..it would seem...
hard...
to have...guys produce..

.(in the office .
while taking all .the.money..away..
for..them to get guys..with..)..

then saying ..they are fired ..
for..owners .keeping all.the money

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The failure of Servais is not in how bad the hitting is with the team, but it was the overall mental/focus on the club that went sideways. As frustrated as we all are nobody feels worse and embarrassed right now than the players. They most definitely felt the anxiety when the Astros were marching and catching up in the standings. When they finally lost the lead losing to teams 5-10 games under .500 it was like the team went into cardiac arrest. They couldn't gather themselves, some players got injured and it was a spiral downward. The job of the manager is to stop all that from happening and bring the team together. The problem of what we are seeing is not just a lack of skill/talent issue this is a "I don't want to come to work anymore" problem.