• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Road Trip: August 13th to August 21st

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah .I get why .scott.was...haveing..
raliegh...
hit 3rd..
but ..
to..me .he should..hit.5th..

I just....don't see .a 215 .hitter.hitting.
3rd...

it just did not make sense ..

so scratch everything..

moving..on..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ...

I think the real question ..

is what know....do we really think .
mariners ..can still..go..to the playoffs..

can they catch..Astros...and..beat them out ..
of the only .playoff .spot .the am .league west ...
is likly .to get...

my guess..is not ..
so..do they...bring guys...to..try out...
or..what..

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 18th: Mariners had a 92% chance of making the playoffs
August 22nd: Mariners have a 11% chance of making the playoffs.
It really sucks but has there ever been a team with a more unrealistic 10 game lead over their division in recent memory? They couldn't sustain that lead with their offense and bullpen. If we had a league average rotation we'd be 44-84 right now.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ..
I think..so.i was....or..am..or..
something..

anyway...if haniger.and.polanco...
where..
hitting.better....i.would say..it would be.
possable...
to catch..Astros...
but..they have to get .hot...

I'm not de.nighing...anything...

I never was..perfect...and .may never..
be...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a random thought, but: the Seattle area never got its typical July-August weather this year. Instead we are getting October weather. The Mariners have also seemingly run into opponent team aces, and #2s in every recent series we've played in. Have these situations, at least in part, plagued the Mariner bats from heating up? I mean, I realize the offense was built to suck under the best of conditions, but these situations aren't helping anything. T-Mobile having a Marine layer effect for the entire season, rather than typically just the first 45 games, doesn't help.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the marine layer.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a random thought, but: the Seattle area never got its typical July-August weather this year. Instead we are getting October weather. The Mariners have also seemingly run into opponent team aces, and #2s in every recent series we've played in. Have these situations, at least in part, plagued the Mariner bats from heating up? I mean, I realize the offense was built to suck under the best of conditions, but these situations aren't helping anything. T-Mobile having a Marine layer effect for the entire season, rather than typically just the first 45 games, doesn't help.
Detroit had 2 SP's on the roster. We just suck.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the marine layer.
No, it’s the philosophy of “controlling the zone”. IMO it isn’t a coincidence that once that became their philosophy that their offense has sucked.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it’s the philosophy of “controlling the zone”. IMO it isn’t a coincidence that once that became their philosophy that their offense has sucked.
Exactly. Which is why this can only work if Jerry is willing to let go of that and allow Danny to use more conventional approaches to the offense.

It will improve if he does and be exactly the same if he doesn't.

I think it likely they dump that crap.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Control the zone was wrong as first explained. It was said to work counts then when that didn't work it was said that is was suppose to be swinging at good strikes and taking fringe strikes unless 2 strikes. It was a cluster-fuck of a plan.

For me it went to hell when launch angle became the way of the world. All launch angle has done for this team is created weak pop-ups. If you have awake hitter who now hits up, the ball still won't go out a high percentage of time. It goes to medium depth at best a majority of time. That is why we can't sacrifice guys in or around. Plus it creates much bigger strike out ratios. You only allow a small window tome contact. George Brett has been arguing that with modern players for ever. Flat bats like his, Edgar's and Ichiro's created great contact numbers because it stays longer in the zone. It worked for a 100 years, but young punks know better now with their computers and analysis. The proof is in the numbers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Control the zone was wrong as first explained. It was said to work counts then when that didn't work it was said that is was suppose to be swinging at good strikes and taking fringe strikes unless 2 strikes. It was a cluster-fuck of a plan.

For me it went to hell when launch angle became the way of the world. All launch angle has done for this team is created weak pop-ups. If you have awake hitter who now hits up, the ball still won't go out a high percentage of time. It goes to medium depth at best a majority of time. That is why we can't sacrifice guys in or around. Plus it creates much bigger strike out ratios. You only allow a small window tome contact. George Brett has been arguing that with modern players for ever. Flat bats like his, Edgar's and Ichiro's created great contact numbers because it stays longer in the zone. It worked for a 100 years, but young punks know better now with their computers and analysis. The proof is in the numbers.
I do think that philosophy could work but you’d have to have a lineup full of guys who know how to hit with two strikes (which means getting rid of all the analytical stuff). Launch angle, exit velo and all those acronyms that I refuse to learn are useless with two strikes.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Wilson..wins .1st.as manager .

mAriners win..6-5.in 10..
nice ..