• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Servais Out

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it doesn't fix everything, but it also has little risk of making things worse and you have to start somewhere.

How many times did we question decisions he made in game? Subs that made no sense. Bad pitching changes. Weird lineup choices.

It's Dipoto's schemes he was forced to manage so for sure he's going to take a fall for some things beyond his control. That doesn't mean he couldn't have done better, didn't, so no tears lost on his departure.

Maybe firing his bro will force Dipoto to let go of the offensive philosophy that hasn't worked. Perhaps he will be more inclined to go a different way.

The offense can't get worse no matter who they bring in long term. It's at rock bottom now.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Wilson as interim. Problems solved lol. This ownership group knows how to manipulate it's idiotic fanbase. I love dan, but this move is 100% pr based. I am hoping it truly is interim.Because if I have to hear dan wilson push the rebuilding bullshit from pig Stanton this winter I'll probably throw up.

I can just imagine the meeting. Guarantee owners asked if they could make a t shirt or bobblehead night out of this.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it doesn't fix everything, but it also has little risk of making things worse and you have to start somewhere.
and in a few weeks when the shine of this pr stunt wears off, the next move to "fix" things will most likely try to fire jerry a couple weeks before the end of the regular season. even the most vapid fans won't be distracted by a dog and pony show with dan and edgar for much longer than that and the fans' misplaced ire has to go somewhere. again, i doubt jerry will allow a laughingstock of a franchise like this to fire him, so i'd bet he'll resign before that happens. no competent org will look down on him for it, either. when he quit after the debalce with Moreno and Scioscia, the Red Sox gave him a position immediately. dude def has a plan, i'm sure.

dipoto only kind of sort of accepted responsibility in the SI article. he was careful to "share" it with hollander, mentioning him by name all in the same carefully constructed sentence. so the game of misplaced blame continues. hollander is just an ownership bobblehead in a position designed to add one more degree of obfuscation to deflect from their own incompetence...a totally innocuous figure in the org who does what he's told like a good little lapdog, so he'll be a frontrunner for replacement. or maybe they'll go all and name Macklemore as interim of pres of baseball operations. announce it in a music video to promote his latest song perhaps? everybody wins lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Weird they’d fire him instead of just not resigning him in the offseason.

B. It’s also weird that a bunch of his defenders are using the excuse that all of the moves he made were predetermined with other coaches and staff.

C. Super duper weird of having Wilson take the job.

D. And whatever is after super duper this means Jerry is back next year which makes no sense unless they are going to extend him for 4 more years

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in a few weeks when the shine of this pr stunt wears off, the next move to "fix" things will most likely try to fire jerry a couple weeks before the end of the regular season. even the most vapid fans won't be distracted by a dog and pony show with dan and edgar for much longer than that and the fans' misplaced ire has to go somewhere. again, i doubt jerry will allow a laughingstock of a franchise like this to fire him, so i'd bet he'll resign before that happens. no competent org will look down on him for it, either. when he quit after the debalce with Moreno and Scioscia, the Red Sox gave him a position immediately. dude def has a plan, i'm sure.

dipoto only kind of sort of accepted responsibility in the SI article. he was careful to "share" it with hollander, mentioning him by name all in the same carefully constructed sentence. so the game of misplaced blame continues. hollander is just an ownership bobblehead in a position designed to add one more degree of obfuscation to deflect from their own incompetence...a totally innocuous figure in the org who does what he's told like a good little lapdog, so he'll be a frontrunner for replacement. or maybe they'll go all and name Macklemore as interim of pres of baseball operations. announce it in a music video to promote his latest song perhaps? everybody wins lol.
Would kind of funny if the Mariners did let Jerry go. Ownership obviously forced him to fire Scott, but if they fire Jerry too it’s like Stanton just broke up a friendship for no reason.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst move possible. They are doing the Haniger thing here. I don't want a lovable guy I want a real manager.
Agree... Another "Mr. Nice Guy" at the helm isn't going to cut it... We need a fiery coach - someone who's going to keep "EVERYBODY" accountable...

... and someone who doesn't change the batting order every Freaking game...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit show.
Exactly!...

Fans!!! Don't fall for this marketing ploy... They are going for revenue with retreads because the treads on the field isn't going it done...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I certainly wouldn't mind if he DID come back. Look at what he did for our team BA the last time!

Or as I heard elsewhere, once again he can "teach hitting and shit!"

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's sad when I'm more excited about the Seahawks trading CB Michael Jackson for rookie 7th rounder, LB Michael Barrett over Servais getting fired... At least the Hawks give me hope, unlike the Mariners...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they own their own network yet can't show their own press conference. That should should tell you who we are dealing with.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I certainly wouldn't mind if he DID come back. Look at what he did for our team BA the last time!

Or as I heard elsewhere, once again he can "teach hitting and shit!"
But he doesn't teach launch angle...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuck!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would kind of funny if the Mariners did let Jerry go. Ownership obviously forced him to fire Scott, but if they fire Jerry too it’s like Stanton just broke up a friendship for no reason.
like i said before, makes more sense to do it in stages. get rid of servais and make it a pr circus. ride that for as long as possible. if the warm fuzzies from media/social media don't quite last through the end of the season from that, get rid of dipoto which you were going to do in the offseason anyway, and use hollander as a mouthpiece for empty promises about rebuilding and wanting to build a contender to ride out the end of september.

dipoto's loyalty to scott only went so far, obviously. 6 weeks before the end of the season maybe a little too early to resign for him. there's no way dipoto doesn't see what's coming, though. these next few weeks will get really interesting.

anyhoo, i've said my piece and then some for the past few days. the m's are shit. they will be shit until there are top down changes starting with ownership, so probably forever, though they may fluke their way to the post season once or twice in the next couple decades thanks to the expanded WCs. that's that and i won't keep harping on it. i drank the kool aid for almost 40 years, so i'm not going to badger others for doing the same. apologies for being a shit lately.

i haven't watched an m's game other than some highlights on my DVR's since early july, but i'm going to watch through the end of the season to see how dan does. literally the only reason. so Stanton and company win, lol. i want to see him dan do well and land with a good club someday like Vogt did after working in this bottom of the barrell shit show for a short time. cleveland has been a lot of fun to watch along with baltimore, which has been my 2nd fav club since i was stationed in Virginia back in the early 00s. spent a lot of time at camden yards.