• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Purdy today. Most impressive game yet IMO

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not going to hand him an MVP trophy for doing well against the Rams defense but he was excellent today and wasn't remotely the reason they lost.

For me the big takeaway is most his detractors knock him for all the talent around him and this was a game with no CMC, Deebo, and Kittle and he still played at a high level. I mean he had Jauan Jennings looking like Justin Jefferson today and he scrambled his way out of some pressure to make positive plays or at least not negative ones.

I still see him as being a more mobile Drew Brees. Not the most gifted athlete but is elite mentally and consistently delivers an accurate ball.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’ta discussion of what team is more injured. Nobody is saying the Rams were healthy or they did not deserve to win.

The thread is because all week the media was saying let’s see what Purdy does without his top 4 weapons. I still don’t consider Aiyuk back because he was a bitch in preseason and is still catching up.

But in a game of both teams being injured, Purdy and Stafford put on a show. For two years now Purdy has done everything asked of him and yet people still think he’s average.

Now anyone saying he’s average is just attention seeking. The facts are overwhelming that he’s a top 5-7 QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’ta discussion of what team is more injured. Nobody is saying the Rams were healthy or they did not deserve to win.

The thread is because all week the media was saying let’s see what Purdy does without his top 4 weapons. I still don’t consider Aiyuk back because he was a bitch in preseason and is still catching up.

But in a game of both teams being injured, Purdy and Stafford put on a show. For two years now Purdy has done everything asked of him and yet people still think he’s average.

Now anyone saying he’s average is just attention seeking. The facts are overwhelming that he’s a top 5-7 QB.
Frankly, Aiyuk needs to get his head out of his ass and start earning that money. He is dropping balls and not playing good at all. I give the Rams and Stafford a ton of credit for coming back and getting the win. Helluva game.
As for Purdy, people are never going to give him any respect until he has multiple rings simply because of his draft position. We do it with every QB. Hell, how much trash did Brady eat for years? It was always the defense or Belichick or system or whatever. Until 2007 and then it's okay, we have something but oh look, can't win a SB. Lost to Eli, yada. yada. It really wasn't until the 28-3 comeback that people completely shut up about Brady. It's like people don't even watch the games, just make up their mind because they totally whiffed on what they think about the draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotcha... well I think we can all agree at this point that nobody likes the 49ers and F Brock Purdy. :nod:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year after a Super Bowl loss.

That mojo is tough to overcome
Yep, the hangover is a real thing. Takes a lot to really shake it. Only a few teams do. Every year when we see this, I am more and more impressed by what Marv Levy's Bills did in the early 90's.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost. But….

Purdy was 22-30 for 292 with 3 TD’s, 0int. 10 rushes for 41 yards.

Hes down mcaffrey, kittle, deebo. And I believe 2 maybe 3 starting lineman.

Oh, and of his 8 incompletions…6 logged drops.

Thats a crazy good game regardless of circumstances, but down 5-6 starters.

Purdy is legit.
Once they pay him they'll be down about that many weapons for good within a couple of years