• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deebo wants out

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excitedly watching all this news and feeling happy about it for fantasy football reasons (I own Aiyuk and Reagor in dynasty). I know, I know. I'm a terrible person.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, I'll assume you're old enough and have been around long enough to agree... it's the Browns... At this point they're probably still trying to trade for Rodgers.
If you didn't realize the Browns have Andrew Berry as GM now, a mastermind. Nice try. 0% chance the Browns trade for Deebo

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See people talking about contracts. People need to look at the WR contract that were just signed and realize how false the numbers are....

It's a lot easier to think of the deals like baseball or NBA deals that have option years which is essentially how those deals function:

Tyreek Hills deal is 4 years $95M. With a 5th year option at $43M (which will never get picked up).
Devante Adams deal is 3 year $68M contract. With 4th and 5th year options at $35M dollars each.

Diggs with Buffalo was the only big time WR signed this offseason that had pretty close to real numbers associated with it and will likely play out for the most part. He essentially now is under a 5 year deal worth about $105M and the final year of his deal is less a team option rather than a player option. But he, like Adams, functionally is worth 3 year $68M with no team option.....but also without the gigantic pay hike that a team almost assuredly cant say no to like will be the case with Adams.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See people talking about contracts. People need to look at the WR contract that were just signed and realize how false the numbers are....

It's a lot easier to think of the deals like baseball or NBA deals that have option years which is essentially how those deals function:

Tyreek Hills deal is 4 years $95M. With a 5th year option at $43M (which will never get picked up).
Devante Adams deal is 3 year $68M contract. With 4th and 5th year options at $35M dollars each.

Diggs with Buffalo was the only big time WR signed this offseason that had pretty close to real numbers associated with it and will likely play out for the most part. He essentially now is under a 5 year deal worth about $105M and the final year of his deal is less a team option rather than a player option. But he, like Adams, functionally is worth 3 year $68M with no team option.....but also without the gigantic pay hike that a team almost assuredly cant say no to like will be the case with Adams.
Agreed.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....but also without the gigantic pay hike that a team almost assuredly cant say yes to like will be the case with Adams.

I wrote that part wrong.

Long and short is Deebo is going to get around $25M a year. A little less but not by much. And it just depends on whether it is 3 years or 4 year deal on top of what he has. And he might look like even more than that.....but the final years will be fake.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't realize the Browns have Andrew Berry as GM now, a mastermind. Nice try. 0% chance the Browns trade for Deebo

Shane I do like you, and thanks for the info...

But it's the Browns. I mean.... I don't know what else to say.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From SF's perspective, I dont know if they can afford to trade him.

Just force him to play out his deal. With the new rules in place, he would have to show up and play. Just tell him we will tag and trade you next year.

That team is so devoid of real talent on offense other than a too often injured Kittle. WR should have been on of their biggest needs heading into the draft BEFORE this announcement.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From SF's perspective, I dont know if they can afford to trade him.

Just force him to play out his deal. With the new rules in place, he would have to show up and play. Just tell him we will tag and trade you next year.

That team is so devoid of real talent on offense other than a too often injured Kittle. WR should have been on of their biggest needs heading into the draft BEFORE this announcement.
I mean if they get a 1st this year for him they can immediately replace him, don't get me wrong it's still a rookie but for this draft class being so meh...it's a pretty good WR draft class. Wouldn't be the worst idea and I don't think any organization wants to go through a season with someone playing that doesn't want to be there. I just don't see it but you're right, they don't have to trade him. They can be patient unless they insist on getting a 1st and using that pick to draft a WR.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts would probably have to get rid of Nelson to make that happen. They don't have any good draft picks
Future 1st but that seems a little crazy considering they have a 38 year old QB past his prime. Why make the push to go all-in now? I would bet on the Jets all day, I would probably put a bet on the Eagles too

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future 1st but that seems a little crazy considering they have a 38 year old QB past his prime. Why make the push to go all-in now? I would bet on the Jets all day, I would probably put a bet on the Eagles too
I keep forgetting about the Eagles. They've been the best trade destination all year but no one wants to go there.

Jets are the obvious team. They'd probably do anything for Deebo. Thats the type of weapon that matches up well with the Bills. Gives their coach an actual chance to try and score some points. Jets can still come out of the draft with a top pass rusher and slowly fix that secondary.

Chiefs being that high makes sense because Chiefs make a move with their 1sts almost every year and they havent done it so far

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting about the Eagles. They've been the best trade destination all year but no one wants to go there.

Jets are the obvious team. They'd probably do anything for Deebo. Thats the type of weapon that matches up well with the Bills. Gives their coach an actual chance to try and score some points. Jets can still come out of the draft with a top pass rusher and slowly fix that secondary.

Chiefs being that high makes sense because Chiefs make a move with their 1sts almost every year and they havent done it so far
I mean KC does make sense but then it doesn't. With this loaded WR draft class you get a cap relief and a 5th year option. That makes more sense but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least made an offer. The Jets and Eagles have the upper hand with draft capital and the Eagles could throw in Reagor.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean KC does make sense but then it doesn't. With this loaded WR draft class you get a cap relief and a 5th year option. That makes more sense but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least made an offer. The Jets and Eagles have the upper hand with draft capital and the Eagles could throw in Reagor.
Reagor? He is worth...a 6th maybe? A 7th?

I dont know if Id say the draft is loaded at WR. Not where KC is drafting. The draft is deep but risky.

The reason not to do it if you're KC is because they have a lot more issues outside of WR and Andy Reid, in theory, has never valued WRs as highly as some other positions.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can replace him , but get the same results? Probably not.

View attachment 294435
Not production wise but first off 5 year contract and there might not be one WR that stands out but a whole lot of talent in the 1st imo. Of course, it’s hit or miss but Deebo had one great year before that he was injured.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not production wise but first off 5 year contract and there might not be one WR that stands out but a whole lot of talent in the 1st imo. Of course, it’s hit or miss but Deebo had one great year before that he was injured.
Yeah he’s looked good while healthy but it’s a big gamble to count on him to stay healthy, but it’s hard to hit on rookie WRs. So many don’t work out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he’s looked good while healthy but it’s a big gamble to count on him to stay healthy, but it’s hard to hit on rookie WRs. So many don’t work out.
For all that we know, Deebo could be just a great fit in SF’s scheme and injury concern. A lot of risk giving up potentially draft picks and $25M/year…I get it though. Any draft pick there is a lot of risk as well

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts make the most sense to me, maybe the Patriots, although they'd have to clear a lot of cap.