• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Allen all in and wants Caleb.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it worked out but during the draft process John Elway was accused of a few things and if you want to know how folks in Baltimore feel just go ask them. BTW they seem to love Lamar Jackson .... just saying.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now look I know damn good and well I bitched at Eli and elway for their BS .

Both were spoiled. Brats and Williams is following suit , allegedly

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he down to watch film? The knock on RG3 was he'd rather be in the weight room than the film room.

I get the Lavar Ball comparisons with his dad, but LeMelo is one of the best young stars in the NBA.

The off the field stuff is not ideal, but I've posted on here that I'm not ready state he's going to be a bust because of them.

His height concerns me more than the color of his nails.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it is up to the FO to run a background check on anyone but especially a high pick to see if there is merit to rumors or they are full of crap. I am believing the new FO will do that. It is also their job to assess the top picks.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now look I know damn good and well I bitched at Eli and elway for their BS .

Both were spoiled. Brats and Williams is following suit , allegedly
Back then there was no social media, 24/7 news reporting or lack of constraints in expressing what one actually feels because of the anonymity that comes with it all.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Eli's agent or dad advised him as San Diego was not a good place to be. Just a guess though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not smart enough to pick one of the QBs but it is everyone's right to pick the one they want. I am going to roll with whoever Peters and Quinn pick.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the United States of America my friend, and I clearly remember the same sort of things surrounding Eli Manning before he was drafted without a lot of personal judgements being lobbed towards him. So, you tell me if it's warranted considering they all proved to be without merit then.
Personally, I think that it's all crap, but made believable because the targeted audience has their own built in biases which make these things easily believable.
Thanks brother...

Appreciate it as always.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty

You are a usc guy.
s mama in the stands crying
In all honesty, are the williams rumors true?
Such as wanting to be a part owner, only wanting to be drafted by 5 teams, etc.

Would his dad be a PR nightmare and publicly question the team?

Is this all nonsense and unsubstantiated rumors? Or is there truth to it?
i can see him running to his mama in the stands crying after every loss.i hope chicago takes him so washington does,nt.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hoping for Jayden.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A strong chain of command won't allow Williams nor anyone else to pull the individual maneuvers, or antics previously seen under Snyder et.al.
So, if you believe that things are truly different now, selecting Williams won't be a problem in that regard. I have issues with his stature but his talents are unquestionably among the best seen in an NFL draft in some time.
I was getting ready to say this . Anyways I think bears goes Wr Harrison or a trade down with Pats ..Pats select Maye first pick.. that's I think getting Klingbury is a good idea. Then our choices would be Williams and Daniel's. Both are Klingsbury type Qbs I think Manders are predicting a trade out at 1 for Maye..No way we use this draft Captial to trade up in the first.but who knows maybe they trade more of are players for more picks then trade up

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thing to think about Bears can trade to 3 and get Harrison .. I don't see Bears drafting Williams period so who ever moves to 1st would take Maye knowing skins will take him at 2 but the real target for us is Williams. PATS trade up to take Maye knowing we will take him 2 Bears move to 3 and take Harrison to help Feilds Skins take Williams at 2

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see him running to his mama in the stands crying after every loss.i hope chicago takes him so washington does,nt.
What if he does the same thing if his team is winning and making playoffs?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jon Allen is not the boss

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched Williams pretty much throughout his career with OU and USC. Here are my own personal thoughts on him, remember I am no scout, so you can take this for what its worth.

PROS:
- Arm Strength (can get the ball out in front of receivers at full sprint, including deep throws)
- Accuracy (no major drop off in accuracy when under pressure, one of the most accurate passers in the past few years in CFB)
- Speed (very fast in the open field)
- Play extension (can extend plays well with his feet)
- WR Vision (can see receivers getting open and hits the correct windows)

CONS:
- Happy Feet (gets happy feet under pressure)
- Vision under Pressure (fails to progress through WRs when pressure is coming)
- Not a Field General (he runs the plays, but doesn't command the offense)

COACHABLE: (things that he is ok with but needs more coaching on)
- Defense Reads (fails to read blitz packages and schemes)
- Pocket Awareness (slips out to quickly to run instead of stepping into open pockets to make throws)

OVERALL:
Top QB from the class, has extreme arm talent and ability to make great plays. Although, when pressured he seems to be to quick to run or take a sack as apposed to stepping into open pockets to make throws. When he runs, if he gets into open fields his ability to extend the play is among the best as well as his speed allows him to get down field quickly for yards. He lacks the ability to be the field general as he doesn't command the offense, he also fails to make proper reads on defensive blitz packages and schemes. He allows his emotions to override his calm and collectiveness which affects his ability to play at a high level throughout an entire game, especially if his team is losing.

A lot of his mentality issues can be corrected with great coaching and maturity. I'm not sold on Lincoln Riley being an all wise QB whisperer, and Williams looks pretty much the same as he did when he was a Freshman at OU, just a little bit more experience, but the same problems he had at OU he still had at USC, so he didn't get his faults coached out of him from the beginning. (Spencer Rattler and Caleb Williams were LRs first QBs that were not coached under another team before he had them).

CW will be a great QB for any team, but if he doesn't learn to be a field general and get his emotions in check, he could end up being just a good NFL QB instead of a great NFL QB. His natural raw talent alone sets him apart from others, but he has flaws that others don't that can affect his ability to be one of the best in the NFL.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Sooners fan, I hate Williams for leaving. But, I cannot deny the talent. He does need to mature a bit and grow in reading defenses. Put it this way....If ownership pulls their head out and changes the name to anything that isn't so depressing as the "Commies" and they draft Williams, I would be prett damn excited. Keep the lame name, then I'll support anyone they play against.