• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deebo wants out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets offering #10 for Metcalf was apparently just a rumor, in reality teams were calling offering Seattle two seconds. While Samuel just came off an electric season (and better than Metcalf), he's also 2 years older than Metcalf and has dealt with an injury, so I'd argue both would fetch a similar price.

Difference is Metcalf said he likes Seattle and is not asking for a trade, Samuel is.... so it's now a buyer's market for him (as he doesn't have to resign with San Fran after next season, or can hold out).

I'd imagine San Fran is looking for two firsts. IMO both Samuel/Metcalf should get more than Hill/Adams just based on age/upside (Adams and Hill have peaked - not that it's bad, but we shouldn't expect upside at this point). #10 overall is basically worth 2 late 1sts this year, or easily a 2022 later first and 2023 first... Samuel/Metcalf should warrant that kind of return, but it doesn't seem the market is there if the Jets offering #10 really wasn't true.
I could see a 1st this year and future 2nd bc of Deebo wanting out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a 1st this year and future 2nd bc of Deebo wanting out.

Given the market and trade demand/request I think that's the best the 49ers can hope for. Or an early 2nd this year and 2023 1st (basically what I was saying is the equivalent to two 2nd round picks this year), likely from the Jets.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can imagine. He’s had an all-pro caliber QB getting him the ball and the Niners want to dump him for some untested kid. Deebo probably wants to play with Russell Wilson or something.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers and Chiefs should also be interested.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jets and Browns IMO are the likely candidates.

Chiefs do have cap room but they still need to resign Brown Jr. who is going to command $25-30M+ a year and Andy Reid's WCO doesn't rely on receivers to make it work. They'll draft someone in a pretty heavy day 2 draft for wide receivers and develop em'.

The Browns and Jets are moron organizations who think a wide receiver will solve the issue and likely will overpay. The Browns are out of 1st rounders but can ship players or multiple 2nd round picks. They're all in anyway for the next 5 years so might as well just go literally ALL IN. The Jets are a horrible organization with an extra 1st, so it seems likely they'd do something stupid.

And I'll throw the Eagles in there as well because the Eagles hear 'blockbuster trade' and come running to the podium.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs do have cap room but they still need to resign Brown Jr. who is going to command $25-30M+ a year and Andy Reid's WCO doesn't rely on receivers to make it work. They'll draft someone in a pretty heavy day 2 draft for wide receivers and develop em'.

The Browns and Jets are moron organizations who think a wide receiver will solve the issue and likely will overpay. The Browns are out of 1st rounders but can ship players or multiple 2nd round picks. They're all in anyway for the next 5 years so might as well just go literally ALL IN. The Jets are a horrible organization with an extra 1st, so it seems likely they'd do something stupid.

And I'll throw the Eagles in there as well because the Eagles hear 'blockbuster trade' and come running to the podium.
The Browns?

LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs - why would they pay Deebo and not pay Hill? They need to start cutting back in the next couple years to set up for Mahomes and pieces around him. Trade for a 1st just to give it away to a more unproven guy? Doesn't make sense.

Packers - it definitely could be an option but they still have to pay Jaire and they are not in a good cap situation.

Browns - they already don't have future 1st's. They just extended all their big name players for the next 3-5 years AND they are still good financially but it still doesn't make sense. They could trade 2 2nd's but then they have to pay Deebo long-term. Isn't likely. More likely they trade up in the late 1st, attach Baker (pay half of his salary) + a pick and draft a WR.

I could see the Jets doing it. Giving up a future 1st and 2nd this year. Keeping their 1st's this year to draft another WR. Just load up the offense for Wilson.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to Jets lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs almost make sense but not really. Chiefs would offer him whatever the bag was that Hill turned down. Also, the Chiefs have Juju and Hardman. Not the best WRs but with their skillset they could both be serviceable in that zone.

I think the Chiefs just arent in the running. But Deebo/Kelce/Mahomes would be fun to watch.

Jets, Falcons, Saints, Texans. That would be my list.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs almost make sense but not really. Chiefs would offer him whatever the bag was that Hill turned down. Also, the Chiefs have Juju and Hardman. Not the best WRs but with their skillset they could both be serviceable in that zone.

I think the Chiefs just arent in the running. But Deebo/Kelce/Mahomes would be fun to watch.

Yeah I don't see KC in the market

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give Hurts those weapons

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love it if he came home to Carolina, but they got nobody that can get him the ball

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles get Deebo and Hurts better ball out or they go after a QB in the 2023 draft.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can trade for Baker!
And... who would get him the ball???

:heh:

Hey, it might could happen, I don't know anything about their cap space or other munnie-sitch dealies

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

You're probably right. Think they roll with Juju, Hardman and Scantling. Could see them drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd maybe

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns?

LOL

DJ, I'll assume you're old enough and have been around long enough to agree... it's the Browns... At this point they're probably still trying to trade for Rodgers.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, I'll assume you're old enough and have been around long enough to agree... it's the Browns... At this point they're probably still trying to trade for Rodgers.
They won't.

Bet.