• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deebo wants out

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kirk got paid.....it's just a matter of time for Samuel.

Kirk seems to have fucked up the WR market.

Kirk is getting undue criticism IMO. He went for 77/982/5 last year as a secondary option for most of the season. Basically DK Metcalf stats without the extra TDs on 30ish fewer targets. Nobody would blink if Metcalf got that contract; in fact, many would consider it an underpay.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.....football is still a ways off.....

Fuck.

Draft is tomorrow (well, late Friday for Rams fans). At least that's something to tide us over this weekend. If you're really jonesin', there's always the USFL... (not for me though).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft is tomorrow (well, late Friday for Rams fans). At least that's something to tide us over this weekend. If you're really jonesin', there's always the USFL... (not for me though).
I will be watching the draft and have enjoyed the USFL so far but man.....looking forward to the Raiders next season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kirk got paid.....it's just a matter of time for Samuel.

Kirk seems to have fucked up the WR market.
Just because the Jags lost their minds doesn't mean others need to do the same.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Jags lost their minds doesn't mean others need to do the same.
I guess it will most likely come down to the guaranteed cash....since contracts aren't guaranteed.

Kirk's contract was pretty crazy but he didn't get most of it guaranteed. 37 million was the guaranteed amount, 20 of it was a signing bonus.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it will most likely come down to the guaranteed cash....since contracts aren't guaranteed.

Kirk's contract was pretty crazy but he didn't get most of it guaranteed. 37 million was the guaranteed amount, 20 of it was a signing bonus.

On a somewhat related note, I held onto DJ Chark in a fantasy league to see if he got away from the Jags. He did....to Detroit. :frusty:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a somewhat related note, I held onto DJ Chark in a fantasy league to see if he got away from the Jags. He did....to Detroit. :frusty:
Keep him.

While Goff isn't a good to great QB.....he isn't as bad as most would have you believe. He wasn't the main reason they sucked last season.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him.

While Goff isn't a good to great QB.....he isn't as bad as most would have you believe. He wasn't the main reason they sucked last season.

Have to be pretty damn deep to keep Chark. I'd be shocked to see him see 90+ targets. And if your fantasy WR isn't getting more targets than that, they really arent worth a ton.

Lions are going to try and be a running team and their 1st option in the passing game is going to be St. Brown. St Brown was quietly one of the better WR's in the league last year down the stretch. They completed something like 75% of the passes thrown his way. The 2nd half of the season, he was almost every bit as good as Jamar Chase was (totally different type of WR).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him.

But he also isn't long for Detroit. They can dump his contract for $10M in dead money after this season if they wish (or for $5M dead money after next season).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to be pretty damn deep to keep Chark. I'd be shocked to see him see 90+ targets. And if your fantasy WR isn't getting more targets than that, they really arent worth a ton.

It's a dynasty league (keep your entire roster). He's a borderline starter for me at best, but I could've gone with a sleeper via free agency before transactions were frozen. My receivers are a mixed bag after Keenan Allen (Renfrow, Kirk, Marquise Brown, Pittman and Chark).

Could be worse: my RB situation lol. My top guys aged out (other than Kamara, who's a question mark for a different reason now) and I kept making the playoffs, so top rookie RBs were already taken every year). Finally I now have the #2 pick....and a meh running back class at the top.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dynasty league (keep your entire roster). He's a borderline starter for me at best, but I could've gone with a sleeper via free agency before transactions were frozen. My receivers are a mixed bag after Keenan Allen (Renfrow, Kirk, Marquise Brown, Pittman and Chark).

Could be worse: my RB situation lol. My top guys aged out (other than Kamara, who's a question mark for a different reason now) and I kept making the playoffs, so top rookie RBs were already taken every year). Finally I now have the #2 pick....and a meh running back class at the top.

Pittman is going to be a stud next year if Ryan stays healthy.

Obviously RB this year will depend on where they go tomorrow and Friday.....but Breece Hall is going to be a stud at the next level IMO.

It is the modern era of football. All RB prospects are thought of as meh (until next year of course where Bijan resets the standard). Dont forget that Dalvin Cook, Jonathan Taylor, Nick Chubb, ect, ect were all talked about in the lead up to the draft in the same way that Hall is talked about this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously RB this year will depend on where they go tomorrow and Friday.....but Breece Hall is going to be a stud at the next level IMO.

It is the modern era of football. All RB prospects are thought of as meh (until next year of course where Bijan resets the standard). Dont forget that Dalvin Cook, Jonathan Taylor, Nick Chubb, ect, ect were all talked about in the lead up to the draft in the same way that Hall is talked about this year.

We have enough Bills fans in our league that if the Bills draft one early enough, that could be the #1 pick (the owner currently picking #1 does already have Singletary, along with Najee and Dobbins of note).

I've made a living in this league over the years scooping up receiving backs with good shelf life (like McCoy and Kamara) and emerging TEs off FA (Kelce, Waller). Luck's retirement really hurt, but had Stafford emerge with the trade. Unfortunately, my 1st rounder last season (Sermon) got dog-housed and leap-frogged by a fellow rookie. Just another reason to hate the Niners, lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is going to be a good RB class, tbh. Hall and Walker probably the clear top 2 but I think 3 or 4 more will also find real fantasy value

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is going to be a good RB class, tbh. Hall and Walker probably the clear top 2 but I think 3 or 4 more will also find real fantasy value

Can probably only get 1 for my fantasy team unfortunately. Our first rounds are almost all RBs. Might luck out with a second if enough WRs go in the first. Not any good enough QBs or TEs to draw early dynasty picks.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is probably just because he looks almost EXACTLY like my favorite RB in the league right now (for obvious reasons), but I think Cook has a big future. Not quite the between the tackles monster as his brother but looks to have a ton better receiving skills.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is probably just because he looks almost EXACTLY like my favorite RB in the league right now (for obvious reasons), but I think Cook has a big future. Not quite the between the tackles monster as his brother but looks to have a ton better receiving skills.

Lot of tread left too, since he was splitting time at Georgia.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poor fella

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports that the Jets could trade for Deebo Samuel during the first round of the draft.​

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a Jets move to trade #10 for him instead of taking a rookie WR on a cheap contract for 5 years to grow with Wilson.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Barring something out of the blue it looks like Deebo is staying a 9er.

The AJ Brown deal pretty much set his market and I'm guessing the 9ers offer him the Brown deal plus a couple more million tacked on to it so you at least give the guy a chance to save face and not come in bitter.

Even if he wanted a trade he was better off keeping it between he and the 9ers and not going public with it. Going public with it makes a team appear weak and teams don't want to appear weak because they don't want everyone on their roster to think all they have to do is demand something and the team will cave in to give it to him.

I'm not against him wanting to get paid or even traded but Deebo just handled this whole thing poorly and he lost on his gambit. The interesting thing will come next because nobody is even sure why Deebo wants out in the first place.