• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with keeping Mannion and Keenum is that draft picks were spent on guys who have a 95% chance of being no better than Davis.

In Keenum's case, perhaps. Mannion as a drafted QB surely has more upside than Davis. If Mannion had been waived, he would've been claimed. Davis made it through to free agent status.

You can argue that the 3rd round was too early for Mannion, or that you preferred a different rookie QB, but he has more upside than Davis. The fact that his game appears to be in the Nick Foles mold probably was what enticed the Rams.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you didn't actually watch the games, Davis had some pretty dam good games and as ALR said, he was going up against some of the better defenses in the league. I guess by your standards Favre sucked? Never liked Favre, but I'm pretty sure he was a good QB, that turned the ball over alot at the worst times!

As I've already mentioned guys named Marino, Favre, P. manning, Namath, and Palmer have all thrown at least 5 pick 6's in a season, Marino did it twice!
Hers a list of QB's that have thrown at least 4 pick 6's in a season
Marino (4times)
Favre (3 times)
PManning (2times)
Namath
Stafford
Palmer
Jim Kelly
Phillip Rivers
Drew Brees
Rothlisberger
Moon
P. Simms
KURT WARNER

So I guess according to your standards all these guys suck!

Favre lifetime 35 pick 6's
Marino 30 pick 6's
P. manning 25 pick 6's

Gee how in the Hell did these guys manage to stick around so long, after all the defenses must have figured them out!
Please get a clue!

Because they could make all the throws and weren't overwhelmed at QB. They also could beat the best defenses and not be made to look like a fool on a consistent basis. That's why they stuck around, unlike Davis. And again, if Davis has all this potential and is such a great QB, then why were no teams knocking down our door to trade for him? I think the only one who needs to get a clue is you.

But, keep comparing Austin Davis, a third string QB on the Browns, with Hall of Fame QB's or borderline HOF QB's. It doesn't make you seem delusional at all.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sad to see that the Rams released Davis and made the decision to go with Case Keenum. I think Fisher and co will regret it. Austin Davis was one of our better backup QBs that the Rams have had. Better than Ryan Fizpatrick, Trent Green 2008, Gus Frerotte (anyone remember that goal line fumble?), and A.J. Horrible.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh what complete bs that is. A kool-aid fan is someone who gave Bradford a pass for his ineptitude and lack of leadership. A kool aid fan doesn't predict missing the playoffs year after year, like I have in the past. I just happen to not criticize Fisher and Snead for asinine reasons. See: Austin Davis, La'el Collins and a fifth string running back not making the 53 man roster. There are plenty of questions about our O-line and secondary, but we've improved the most important position (QB), we have a top tier defense, and I like that we have a stable of running backs who can play smash mouth football. I'm under no illusion that if the o-line fails, we'll be looking at 6-8 wins and hopefully a new head coach.

You're dismissed.

No i'm pretty sure @RamsFan88 is... Jeff Fisher's mustache. He's a full blown kool-aid drinker that guy/stache.

Coug was more like Sam Bradford's mummy. :crazy:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder for those of you arguing over Davis that you are outside the negativity thread. The arguments and point-counter-points are good but some of you are racheting this thing up to where you are flirting with stuff that belongs there.

Once again, if you want to take this to the next level, go there and have at it except of course for name-calling and trolling behaviors.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh what complete bs that is. A kool-aid fan is someone who gave Bradford a pass for his ineptitude and lack of leadership. A kool aid fan doesn't predict missing the playoffs year after year, like I have in the past. I just happen to not criticize Fisher and Snead for asinine reasons. See: Austin Davis, La'el Collins and a fifth string running back not making the 53 man roster. There are plenty of questions about our O-line and secondary, but we've improved the most important position (QB), we have a top tier defense, and I like that we have a stable of running backs who can play smash mouth football. I'm under no illusion that if the o-line fails, we'll be looking at 6-8 wins and hopefully a new head coach.

You're dismissed.

So you think the O-line is a big question mark, but you think we're going 10-6. And yes no need to criticize our coach who's led us to ZERO winning seasons. AND yes we can play smash mouth football, but will the genius coaches we have play smash mouth football or will they go pass happy like they have many times the past 3 years.

OK :dhd:

And it was just a joke btw. I don't think you are Fisher's stache, but I do think you like the Kool-Aid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sad to see that the Rams released Davis and made the decision to go with Case Keenum. I think Fisher and co will regret it. Austin Davis was one of our better backup QBs that the Rams have had. Better than Ryan Fizpatrick, Trent Green 2008, Gus Frerotte (anyone remember that goal line fumble?), and A.J. Horrible.

I think Fitzmagic has aquitted himself quite well. Trent Green also was much better than Davis.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think the O-line is a question mark, but it was a question mark last year and we were still competitive in spite of it. I think this year's O-line has more talent, but with few experienced players, there's going to be growing pains. It's a matter of when will they gel as a unit? If it takes them until week 12, then I doubt we make the playoffs. If they're cohesive by week 4, I think they'll make some noise. An upgrade at QB, a dominating defense and Todd Gurley are my reasons why I think they go 10-6.

Where did I say there was no need to criticize Fisher & Snead? There's a lot he should be criticized for (WR development, offensive line problems, not trading up for a QB in 2014 instead of Joyner, drafting Pead & Watkins). I just won't come to any doom & gloom conclusions because of a back up QB or 5th string running back, like many have on here. Like I said, I'm far from a kool-aid drinker. I don't think everything is rosey with this team. I just happen to think with SF taking a step back, Seattle not being as dominant as they have been the last few seasons, and with the improvements the Rams have made, we should win 10 games. The talent is there, but can the coaches get the most out of it? That's a fair assessment, not a kool aid one.

So you think the O-line is a big question mark, but you think we're going 10-6. And yes no need to criticize our coach who's led us to ZERO winning seasons. AND yes we can play smash mouth football, but will the genius coaches we have play smash mouth football or will they go pass happy like they have many times the past 3 years.

OK :dhd:

And it was just a joke btw. I don't think you are Fisher's stache, but I do think you like the Kool-Aid.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think the O-line is a question mark, but it was a question mark last year and we were still competitive in spite of it. I think this year's O-line has more talent, but with few experienced players, there's going to be growing pains. It's a matter of when will they gel as a unit? If it takes them until week 12, then I doubt we make the playoffs. If they're cohesive by week 4, I think they'll make some noise. An upgrade at QB, a dominating defense and Todd Gurley are my reasons why I think they go 10-6.

Where did I say there was no need to criticize Fisher & Snead? There's a lot he should be criticized for (WR development, offensive line problems, not trading up for a QB in 2014 instead of Joyner, drafting Pead & Watkins). I just won't come to any doom & gloom conclusions because of a back up QB or 5th string running back, like many have on here. Like I said, I'm far from a kool-aid drinker. I don't think everything is rosey with this team. I just happen to think with SF taking a step back, Seattle not being as dominant as they have been the last few seasons, and with the improvements the Rams have made, we should win 10 games. The talent is there, but can the coaches get the most out of it? That's a fair assessment, not a kool aid one.

I hope you are right. New England played 3 rookies last night on the Oline - 1 undrafted rookie started at center. It's possible. I would love to see some discipline and cohesion no doubt.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right. New England played 3 rookies last night on the Oline - 1 undrafted rookie started at center. It's possible. I would love to see some discipline and cohesion no doubt.

I hope so as well. The last decade has been nothing but depressing.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see where your optimism is, our D is pretty dam good, we have upgraded at QB, our oline while young should still be as good if not better than last years, but Gurley isn't playing the first game and he may not be playing that much the first few games? While very possible, I still think 10-6 is going to be a reach for us. Our schedule is very tough, but our biggest problem right now is the coaching staff. In the past few years at halftime, i swear we use it as a time to take a shit and grab something to eat,we make absolutely no adjustments on offense or defense! If we do grab a lead, we become very predictable and vanilla, we don't keep going for the jugular!
Our talent is 10 win talent, but the coaching staff is a .500 coaching staff and they have proven that throughout Fishers history!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where your optimism is, our D is pretty dam good, we have upgraded at QB, our oline while young should still be as good if not better than last years, but Gurley isn't playing the first game and he may not be playing that much the first few games? While very possible, I still think 10-6 is going to be a reach for us. Our schedule is very tough, but our biggest problem right now is the coaching staff. In the past few years at halftime, i swear we use it as a time to take a shit and grab something to eat,we make absolutely no adjustments on offense or defense! If we do grab a lead, we become very predictable and vanilla, we don't keep going for the jugular!
Our talent is 10 win talent, but the coaching staff is a .500 coaching staff and they have proven that throughout Fishers history!

I agree and hopefully that had more to do with Schottenheimer and not Fisher. We'll know what Cignetti is all about this year

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought every meet mention of Bradford, would bring Cougar out?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug is in Philly. He moved his entire family there. :thumb:

I always suspected that Coug actually was Sam Bradford, so he probably is on the Philly board telling them how good he is, I mean how good Sam Bradford is:)

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is what I don't get SJ

NE played 3 rookies on their OL last night and Brady was barely touched. the only OL penalties came from Solder. Jackson handled his business as did the undrafted C, but here we are having rebuilt the line for 2-3 years and the unit is still a mess.

how is it that NE can start an undrafted C and a 3rd round G and the OL has no issues what so ever, but the Rams have 1st-3rd round guys on the line and all we keep seeing is penalties and mistakes and excuses that these guys need time to adjust/gel.

well, the NE guys didn't need any time did they?

frustrating.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what I don't get SJ

NE played 3 rookies on their OL last night and Brady was barely touched. the only OL penalties came from Solder. Jackson handled his business as did the undrafted C, but here we are having rebuilt the line for 2-3 years and the unit is still a mess.

how is it that NE can start an undrafted C and a 3rd round G and the OL has no issues what so ever, but the Rams have 1st-3rd round guys on the line and all we keep seeing is penalties and mistakes and excuses that these guys need time to adjust/gel.

well, the NE guys didn't need any time did they?

frustrating.

Coaching man. Flat out coaching. System. QB that barks out assignments and is tenacious on the field. I hate Brady as much as anyone on here, but I respect him, Flip Rivers, and anyone else that leaves everything on the field.

New England and Seattle both haven't had top 10-15 overall picks in how long? They don't need them. And Tre Jackson is another example of getting a good OG later (4th round) - and that's late 4th round I believe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, as I have suggested many times, Belicheat fines players or benches them outright if they continue with penalties year-in and year-out. If you keep that crap up, Belicheat sends you packing without a blink of an eye. Everyone understands that kind of black and white approach and Belicheat is a coach (albeit a cheating, dirty one) not the players friend like someone else we all know.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching man. Flat out coaching. System. QB that barks out assignments and is tenacious on the field. I hate Brady as much as anyone on here, but I respect him, Flip Rivers, and anyone else that leaves everything on the field.

New England and Seattle both haven't had top 10-15 overall picks in how long? They don't need them. And Tre Jackson is another example of getting a good OG later (4th round) - and that's late 4th round I believe.

you are right SJ

Jackson was taken in the 4th. the broadcast last night said 3rd so that's what I was going by.

he was taken 8 spots before the Rams took Donnal. you could argue the Rams could've taken Jackson at Mannion's pick and Mannion at Donnal's pick.

anyways, just more head scratching.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Rams knew exactly what play was coming defensively every down by reviewing illegal tapes and could get the Rams broadcast on the opponents heads sets during crucial 3rd downs, maybe our rookie OL guys would look like all pros too. :heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.