• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is better than Keenum in my opinion and has already proven himself in the games that he has started for us. Keenum hasn't done a damn thing for the rams. So Fisher cuts the guy who can go in and chug it down field and put up #'s and win a few games if need be for Keenum? Yep.....good old Fisher.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ALWAYS time to add a young QB to the mix, especially if you're keeping 3.

This site has been chock full of complaints about not drafting a potential successor at QB before the late rounds in recent history. Now that they did, it isn't a good idea? Davis is nothing special. I know he has his supporters here, and that may hold water against someone like ancient Hill, but Keenum is a similar level of prospect. If the staff preffered him, so be it. Hopefully the backup QB isn't needed except for mop-up duty anyway.

But that's the problem Shop, I don't see Mannion as the "successor", sure maybe the Rams do, but I'm just not seeing it. He is your typical backup type QB, nothing special and that's the problem, we already have 2 backups, so if Mannion isn't the future which I don't think he is that's a wasted pick and and a pick we could have used elsewhere!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. So you cannot compare QBs on different teams? Also, when did Houston join the AFC East?

Different weapons and different Olines playing different defenses. Yeah I think it's a tough comparison.

Houston has had better weapons at WR? And the Rams probably have faced stiffer defenses?

Lol. Afc south is pretty weak dude. Jax, Indy houston and Titans. Wish we had that schedule

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannion is Jimmy Clausen 2.0

It was a dam reach

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated somebody likes Keenum over Davis and we gave up a 7th round pick to get him. There is no other reason they kept Keenum over Davis because as we all know, Davis did a pretty decent job for us in 6-7 games and Keenum has done squat.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but Davis is a bad QB. Once teams figured him out, he was ineffective and turned the ball over a lot, especially one's that went for 6 the other way. I get that he gave the fans some hope last year, but he couldn't hack it when it counted. Good luck to him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is on his way to Cleveland to visit with the Browns. Maybe he and Manziel can get some things going there. In other interesting news. A couple of Ex-Rams we thought were going to be good players at one time have been cut and in all likelihood, their football careers are pretty much done. Craig Dahl with the Whiners and Daryl Richardson with the Jets.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but Davis is a bad QB. Once teams figured him out, he was ineffective and turned the ball over a lot, especially one's that went for 6 the other way. I get that he gave the fans some hope last year, but he couldn't hack it when it counted. Good luck to him.

I don't think teams necessarily figured him out? His pick 6's happened after the defense gave up leads and Davis was put in a situation where he had to try to bring the Rams back. Teams that are up late in games can play the pass because they know it's coming! There are a ton of good to great QB's that have thrown pick 6's , is it because teams "figured" them out? I don't think so, when you are forced to make things happen, bad things can happen! There are far less game winning drives and comebacks then there are games that end on turnovers, incompletions, or downs, because the other team knows you are throwing the ball!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of Ex-Rams we thought were going to be good players at one time have been cut and in all likelihood, their football careers are pretty much done. Craig Dahl with the Whiners and Daryl Richardson with the Jets.
Dahl looked like a ball hawk for about half a season then looked like one of the worst defenders in football for about a season and a half, IIRC. Im shocked anyone picked him up at all, to be honest.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dahl spent the last four years on the 49ers PS or doing nothing but STs. He was basically useless.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's think of it this way...We're got rid of a guy(Davis)who has proven he can run this team if need be and even win some games...For two "theoretical" QB's who have never taken a regular season snap for us. We don't even have Shaun"Over The"Hill anymore just in case either.
Foles isn't known as the picture of health through his career and we have a VERY young O-line. Isn't this a problem? Was this REALLY the right time to add a rookie QB to the mix?

Just a strange team sometimes....

Amen to this

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ALWAYS time to add a young QB to the mix, especially if you're keeping 3.

This site has been chock full of complaints about not drafting a potential successor at QB before the late rounds in recent history. Now that they did, it isn't a good idea? Davis is nothing special. I know he has his supporters here, and that may hold water against someone like ancient Hill, but Keenum is a similar level of prospect. If the staff preffered him, so be it. Hopefully the backup QB isn't needed except for mop-up duty anyway.

No doubt draft a QB, just don't reach for a slow/non-mobile QB in the 3rd especially when a guy like Hundley is available.

Let's not act like we've had a winning season in the past few years.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis officially signs with Browns

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with keeping Mannion and Keenum is that draft picks were spent on guys who have a 95% chance of being no better than Davis.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he signed on to be on their practice squad to be exact.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think teams necessarily figured him out? His pick 6's happened after the defense gave up leads and Davis was put in a situation where he had to try to bring the Rams back. Teams that are up late in games can play the pass because they know it's coming! There are a ton of good to great QB's that have thrown pick 6's , is it because teams "figured" them out? I don't think so, when you are forced to make things happen, bad things can happen! There are far less game winning drives and comebacks then there are games that end on turnovers, incompletions, or downs, because the other team knows you are throwing the ball!

You're right, a pick 6 doesn't mean you're a bad QB. Consistently throwing bad interceptions that turn into touchdowns or taking bad sacks that result in a scoop and score while also not managing to throw for 200 yards and being benched in favor of Shaun Hill means you're a bad QB. Good QB's make plays when it's crunch time or they adjust how they play after the defense figures them out. That's something Davis couldn't do and that's why he's a third stringer on the Browns and not starting.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, a pick 6 doesn't mean you're a bad QB. Consistently throwing bad interceptions that turn into touchdowns or taking bad sacks that result in a scoop and score while also not managing to throw for 200 yards and being benched in favor of Shaun Hill means you're a bad QB. Good QB's make plays when it's crunch time or they adjust how they play after the defense figures them out. That's something Davis couldn't do and that's why he's a third stringer on the Browns and not starting.

you've got to be kidding me. he started 8 games. how in the world do you get an accurate assessment of anyone after 8 games?

how good did P. Manning look after 8 games? Tom Brady's number were pedestrian after his first 8 games.

Davis had never started a game before last season, so he was essentially a rookie when it comes to game speed/game situations, etc. guy still had 12 TD's to 9 INT's in those games. Keenum has similar numbers ( except Davis' completion percentage is way better ) but somehow he has potential and Davis isn't a good QB?

sorry, I fail to see the logic here.

and defenses didn't figure him out. the Rams play in the NFCW which has the toughest defenses in the league ( whom he had to start against in 4 of the last 5 games he played ). we basically had a rookie QB going against the toughest defenses in the league and had the Rams in most of those games.

that's better than what Keenum will be able to do.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with keeping Mannion and Keenum is that draft picks were spent on guys who have a 95% chance of being no better than Davis.

I was definitely baffled at giving up a pick on Keenum when if we wanted him bad enough, we probably could've picked him back up in free agency. While I wasn't a big Davis fan, I never saw a problem with him being a 3rd stringer.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you've got to be kidding me. he started 8 games. how in the world do you get an accurate assessment of anyone after 8 games?

how good did P. Manning look after 8 games? Tom Brady's number were pedestrian after his first 8 games.

Davis had never started a game before last season, so he was essentially a rookie when it comes to game speed/game situations, etc. guy still had 12 TD's to 9 INT's in those games. Keenum has similar numbers ( except Davis' completion percentage is way better ) but somehow he has potential and Davis isn't a good QB?

sorry, I fail to see the logic here.

and defenses didn't figure him out. the Rams play in the NFCW which has the toughest defenses in the league ( whom he had to start against in 4 of the last 5 games he played ). we basically had a rookie QB going against the toughest defenses in the league and had the Rams in most of those games.

that's better than what Keenum will be able to do.

You really want to compare Austin Davis with Manning and Brady's first year? Let's see, Manning was thought of as the next great QB, and Brady did nothing but win games and manage the patriots offense very efficiently. Davis did neither of those things last year. He had two good games and that's it. He made terrible decisions, couldn't beat defenses with his throws and was easy to game plan against, hence why he was benched for Hill. It wasn't a mass conspiracy by Fisher and Snead, it was his play that caused it.

And saying that he couldn't hack it against NFC West teams is not helping your case that Davis is a good QB with potential. He had his opportunity to show that he was someone the Rams could count on to either lead this team going forward, or at worst, show he could be one of the better back up QB's in the league. He did none of those things. It's not like teams were having conversations with our staff to trade for him. If he's as good as some of you think, then why didn't anyone make a trade proposal to get him?

At the end of the day, Keenum showed he could handle our offense and manage it better than Davis could and that's why he's on the team and Davis is third string in Cleveland. Period. I'm going to worry about Foles leading this team. The Davis supporters can get NFL Sunday Ticket and marvel at how well Austin holds that clipboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.