• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me I think that there was some sort of clash between Austin Davis and our wr's.

Do you guys remember the game last year(I believe the Dallas game) where Jared Cook dropped a easy TD pass thrown by Davis? Afterwards, on the sideline, there was a little push and shove match where Jared Cook came up to Davis! It ended up with our d-line breaking it up. Not much was said about it, but that was a close game that we should have won! If Cook catches that pass, we
probably would have won the game. We lost momentum at that point.

IDK... maybe its just me, but I thought that the coaches love for Austin Davis sort of went out the window at that point. Thoughts?

Zeke, I looked at that incident as Davis showing some fire and emotion, which our former fearless so called leader Sammy lacked. Cook was just being stupid because he knew he messed up! As I keep saying yes if Cook makes that catch we probably win, if the defense plays better that game, we probably win, if the defense played better against the Eagles we probably win that game, and that's what all the Davis haters don't see! We could have easily been 5-3 in Davis's starts, so I get tired of the hate, that he sucks, that he doesn't fit Fishers system, that he's a 3rd stringer at best, that's Bullshit, he more or less did his job and had us in position to win games, defense failed miserably in both those games, they also blew the 9er game when they gave up a 80 yard passing TD on the last play of the first half, when the Rams were dominating, thats also the game where Cook was flagged for offensive pass interference on a huge play that had us in scoring position, not Cooks fault, BS call by refs as the announcers also confirmed!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what's worse: those who obsess over Sam Bradford or those whose obsess over a third string QB. Both aren't on the team, yet that's all you people care to talk about. We're playing the Steelers in a critical early season game, yet the Davis & Bradford obsession is what's getting all the attention. And people wonder why the fan base is a joke in STL.

^^ Maybe you're not really a RAM fan ^^

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, I looked at that incident as Davis showing some fire and emotion, which our former fearless so called leader Sammy lacked. Cook was just being stupid because he knew he messed up! As I keep saying yes if Cook makes that catch we probably win, if the defense plays better that game, we probably win, if the defense played better against the Eagles we probably win that game, and that's what all the Davis haters don't see! We could have easily been 5-3 in Davis's starts, so I get tired of the hate, that he sucks, that he doesn't fit Fishers system, that he's a 3rd stringer at best, that's Bullshit, he more or less did his job and had us in position to win games, defense failed miserably in both those games, they also blew the 9er game when they gave up a 80 yard passing TD on the last play of the first half, when the Rams were dominating, thats also the game where Cook was flagged for offensive pass interference on a huge play that had us in scoring position, not Cooks fault, BS call by refs as the announcers also confirmed!

I agree, the qb always takes the blame for all mistakes.
But I really think that something else internally might have happened for Davis to be let go. Think about it, Davis has been on this team for quite some time now. He carried a clipboard behind Bradford I believe since 2010. By doing so, he knew our offense well. To me this doesn't make much sense getting rid of a guy that knows the playbook and has some success and OBTW has a very low salary. Something must have happened for Davis to get into Fisher's doghouse. I believe it all started around the "Dallas game". As you very well know this was displayed on national TV, with one of Fisher's cronies(Cook). Its all speculation, but why else would we get rid of him?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, don't forget, one of Davis's biggest supporters, B, Shottenheimer left as well.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps Fisher sided with Cook and not Davis. Who knows really. I can't remember which game that was last year, but once I finally saw a QB on the Rams call out someone who needed to be called out.

Like I said, on any well coached team in the NFL.. Cook is on the bench or already cut. But since this is the Rams and he's the highest paid TE on the team, that means he starts. Cook = :trash:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the Rams have a need to throw large amounts of cash at useless players like Bradford and Cook.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I have already stated, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT DAVIS, If you don't like it, don't read it, if you are tired of it, don't read it, if you have nothing to add to it, dont read it! What part of that don't you get?

As I've also already said, for being a newbie you aren't making a very good impression with others on here!

That's an understatement.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry me a river. Put me on ignore if you don't like what I post UVA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imma about ready to lock this thread.

It's been going nowhere fast for a long time and causing strife amongst our faithful.

For the most part, this is just fodder for the Master Vent Thread and peeps may find themselves in trouble over here.

Already more than a few no calls going on IMO...

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the Rams have a need to throw large amounts of cash at useless players like Bradford and Cook.

Hell, Kendricks has done more with his limited chances than Cook has, I don't get that either?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know why, Cook was one of "Fisher's Guys" from Tenn...Its done SO much good for us, no? :L

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we start a thread about Fisher liking Pead more than Davis and try to fit Bradford in somewhere and aliens yeah the grey ones not reptilians.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay boys, no objections for most the night from y'all, so I'll take my own suggestion....

So if any of yous want to continue this endless debate, take your Davis fight to the Master Vent thread so we don't need to give any more unnecessary warnings up here...

This thread is done...

:lock1:

Status
Not open for further replies.