• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vets that might need to move on

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let this one sit in a bit.... Mixon, Bates, and Boyd are eating up 33 million dollars of our salary cap this season. Next season we will move on from Bates, but Mixon and Boyd will eat up 23 million of cap. All three guys are great leaders and all three guys have had some good days with the team. Boyd is still valuable as a great slot receiver - Though I'm not sure you need to pay a slot receiver over 10 million per year. Notably, all are guys that weren't drafted by Taylor and his staff. I think an argument can be made that it is time to move on from all three.

Jonah Williams was given his 5th year extension, so you're not getting rid of him next year. I think they missed an opportunity over the past few years to evaluate him at guard. He's not cut out to be a left tackle in the NFL. As the line has generally improved this year, it's basically exposed him as overrated. He was abused last night.

For the love of god, can we move on from Huber? Love the dude. Love his consistency from year to year. Great holder, fine. He's ready for retirement - He just can't punt anymore.... And we haven't even played in bad weather yet this year.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you. I don' think we need a star running back in this style offense. We need a great blocking RB who can catch the ball and make guys move. He can also run the ball maybe 12 times a game. Right now it is wasted money in my opinion.

We also don't need Bates. He has looked like a shell of himself. If he is playing not to get hurt this year, he has earned his ticket out of here. We can't live with his price tag and production.

You are right about Boyd. Great player, but you can find slot WR's a lot cheaper and they will look great with Burrow throwing the ball and Chase/Higgins bracketing them.

I am ready for Apple to be gone. Same with Huber.

We need to draft LT/CB #1. It has to be one of those positions.

I am good with Volson/Karras/Cappa for now, but our tackles yet again, are getting lit the F up by decent DE's. The money we can save on each would be fine to look around draft. Have to get this line figured out before Burrow/CHase take all the cap.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bates will move on, he's not top 5, but he wants #1 safety money. He won't get it here.

Mixon might be a fit somewhere that has a decent OC and offense, but we need fresh blood here.

would miss Boyd, it's hard to keep 3 talented WR on the same roster.