• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fitzmagic has aquitted himself quite well. Trent Green also was much better than Davis.

I said he was our best backup in a while. Fitzpatrick is great NOW but he wasn't when he was with the Rams. Trent Green was great in 2000 but note that I said Trent Green 2008.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning just threw a pick six to add to his career mark, i believe that was number 26?
What a hack, he should be a back up somewhere, obviously he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter, or maybe defenses have just figured him out!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning just threw a pick six to add to his career mark, i believe that was number 26?
What a hack, he should be a back up somewhere, obviously he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter, or maybe defenses have just figured him out!
Get over your boy Davis Smed, he's no longer a Ram, he's the enemy!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over your boy Davis Smed, he's no longer a Ram, he's the enemy!

Gee Vita kind of sensitive there, no where was Davis mentioned in that statement!:)

I guess that means you also have to get over your boy Hundley, he is the enemy!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee Vita kind of sensitive there, no where was Davis mentioned in that statement!:)

I guess that means you also have to get over your boy Hundley, he is the enemy!
Yep, that was the first post of yours I've read in this thread. I'm sure that post had no correlation to any other post you've made here. :lol:

And you're right, Hundley is the enemy! Besides that we've got us a hellava true freshman QB in Westwood!

Made all in true blue forget about that Brett fella.

Sort of what should be happening here now with Foles!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis sure looked great holding that clipboard. Sure fire HOF'er right there.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis sure looked great holding that clipboard. Sure fire HOF'er right there.

And then there are some people that just don't get it? No where did anyone say he was a HOfer, let alone a great QB, but he also isn't the hack that some of you seem to think! And if Manziel continues to stink, he won't be holding the clipboard to long.
And your comment is pretty lame really, of course no team is going to pick up a backup QB after the last preseason game and make them their starter, let alone move him ahead of their number two guy that's been there all along.
Say what you want about him, he did more for this team than Bradford ever did!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that was the first post of yours I've read in this thread. I'm sure that post had no correlation to any other post you've made here. :lol:

Thus the smiley face Vita!

And you're right, Hundley is the enemy! Besides that we've got us a hellava true freshman QB in Westwood!

Made all in true blue forget about that Brett fella.

Sort of what should be happening here now with Foles!

I'm fine with Foles, Im just not thrilled about our backups!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there are some people that just don't get it? No where did anyone say he was a HOfer, let alone a great QB, but he also isn't the hack that some of you seem to think! And if Manziel continues to stink, he won't be holding the clipboard to long.
And your comment is pretty lame really, of course no team is going to pick up a backup QB after the last preseason game and make them their starter, let alone move him ahead of their number two guy that's been there all along.
Say what you want about him, he did more for this team than Bradford ever did!

And you continue to miss the entire point that it was a combination of factors as to why Davis is no longer on this team and why he is not a good QB. He's nothing more than a lower tier #2 QB or a third stringer. Hence why no one wanted to trade for him. You've still never answered that question btw. But, as I said, I'll keep watching Rams, you can keep admiring Davis's clipboard skills. Whatever floats your boat:D

At least Bradford almost won the NFC West his first year. That's more than anything Davis did and that's not saying a whole lot about either QB.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you continue to miss the entire point that it was a combination of factors as to why Davis is no longer on this team and why he is not a good QB. He's nothing more than a lower tier #2 QB or a third stringer. Hence why no one wanted to trade for him. You've still never answered that question btw. But, as I said, I'll keep watching Rams, you can keep admiring Davis's clipboard skills. Whatever floats your boat:D

At least Bradford almost won the NFC West his first year. That's more than anything Davis did and that's not saying a whole lot about either QB.

Sorry, but Bradford "didn't" almost win the NFC west that's like saying Arizona and SF almost won it to to, if, if, if .

And I didn't realize that you were in on the decision making of letting Davis go. Please do tell why he was let go, and I don't want your opinion, I want to know the reason since you have the inside scoop?

Davis played well enough, he showed more emotion than any QB we have had in years, what has Keenum or Mannion done? Oh they probably were like Bradford, they looked good in practice and were making all the throws. The point is Davis was a proven backup and played well when given the chance, Keenum has not, Mannion probably never will and will always be a number 3

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just blind Davis homerism. Sad.

Good comeback Potsie!

I guess the fact that he won games and put up pretty decent numbers means that he's not a very good backup, but Keenums numbers when given the chance were better, ya right, who's blind?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum has similar numbers in his career to Davis. So where's all your love for him? If going 3-5 makes you gaga about a QB, I don't understand your vitriol toward Bradford.

At the end of the day, Davis is not on the team, he's third string in Cleveland and I'm done wasting my time talking about him. Keep up the fetish if you want though. Like I said, you do you.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum has similar numbers in his career to Davis. So where's all your love for him? If going 3-5 makes you gaga about a QB, I don't understand your vitriol toward Bradford.

At the end of the day, Davis is not on the team, he's third string in Cleveland and I'm done wasting my time talking about him. Keep up the fetish if you want though. Like I said, you do you.

You are correct, at the end of the day he isn't on the team, but at the same time there are people like you that are blinded by the end results. I guess it doesn't matter that the Ram defense totally sucked against Dallas and Philly, both games that Davis played well enough in to win, so he could have possibly had the Rams at 5-3 in the games he started. I guess we are also blinded by the fact that while Davis's and Keenums numbers are somewhat close, Davis didn't have Foster as his running back or Andre Johnson and Hopkins as his receivers, I don't know that might make a difference.

As far as Bradford goes, he was suppose to be the savior and the greatest QB of our time according to some of you, he wasn't and isn't. Davis was a quality backup and the league is filled with non quality backups! What's so hard to understand about that!
But that's ok, I'm glad you are done talking about him, because you are the one that only sees the numbers, not why they are the numbers they are!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You all are silly. But i'll chime in. First off, Davis is off this team to make room for Mannion's upside AND Fisher never liked Davis - you could see that by the amount of reps Davis got in preseason. He was never gonna be on this team.

2nd, If you want to compare overall stats last year... Make sure you look at the opposing team and their defense as well. Davis played against teams in the NFC West - best division in football. Keenum played against teams in the AFC South - worst division in football. Davis put up 2 or 3 - 300 yard games last year? Keenum did not.

Keenum started 2 games last year with 2 TDs and 2 INTs, 1 fumble and 435 yards. 58.4 comp% and 72.2 rating.
Davis played in 10 games, started 8. 12 TDs, 9 INTs, 3 fumbles and 2000 yards. 63.4 comp% and a 85.1 rating

So their stats are not the same. Davis had better numbers across the board and averaged better numbers with more attempts, while playing much better completion.

Being that we have had to live with a back up for years now, I understand the importance of having a good one. Keenum is not a good back up. Davis is.

Hopefully we will not have to see our back up.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is taking some 1st team reps this week just in case they need him to play.

He may not be holding that proverbial clipboard much longer:lol:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2::violin:Somebody is going to eat some serious crow here very soon!! :kissass: :Cry: :hail:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think Cleveland is not going to waste much time any more with the dog and pony show they have going at the QB position. I am fairly certain that Davis will be the starting QB by mid-season at least. Then we will see if Fisher made a mistake or not.

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Retro, how come we don't have an emoticon selection that shows someone eating a Dead Crow?

Status
Not open for further replies.