• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being facetious, Vita. Don't get your jimmies in a bind. Like you, I have been stating the same thing about Davis and several folks keep beating the dead horse as you stated :deadhorse: . Then the tangent shows up. All I am saying is STAY FOCUSED PEOPLE!! Geez. Worse than the attention of second grader some of these folks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being facetious, Vita. Don't get your jimmies in a bind. Like you, I have been stating the same thing about Davis and several folks keep beating the dead horse as you stated :deadhorse: . Then the tangent shows up. All I am saying is STAY FOCUSED PEOPLE!! Geez. Worse than the attention of second grader some of these folks.
No rustling of jimmies here on my part retro, just waking gingerly here and with some respect fer ya.

Back to topic, even if Davis does start and do well in Cleveland, I don't see how that will have anyone eating crow.

In my mind.... There are just dudes who fit some systems better than others. For instance, I don't think Kam Chancellor would help our defense as much as he would help others without our front seven.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the return to topic, Vita. Yea I get your take. Davis had his chance here and although there were a lot of factors contributing to his release (of which have been discussed ad nauseum) he may very well indeed fit better in Cleveland and for that, I hope he does well. He has earned that chance at least. Maybe he'll have a big influence on Manziel and help grow the kid up a bit. Manziel is a continued instantaneous cluster eff job at the drop of hat. A guy like Dvais may be able to teach him to settle and focus because right now Manziel is potential risk of imploding.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am guilty of it as well. As smed had pointed out regarding Brett Hundley, I wasn't too pleased the Rams picked up Sean and passed on selecting Hundley in the following round. I'm sure it was for the same reason, neither were a good fit in Snisher's mind.

Given the choice however I would much rather take a flyer on Hundley then keep Davis on the roster.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley would have been a better back-up than Davis but now we will never know if Hundley would have fit in Fisher's scheme of things. He is doing well in GB and his preseason was not spectacular but pretty good.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but Davis is a bad QB. Once teams figured him out, he was ineffective and turned the ball over a lot, especially one's that went for 6 the other way. I get that he gave the fans some hope last year, but he couldn't hack it when it counted. Good luck to him.

You're right, a pick 6 doesn't mean you're a bad QB. Consistently throwing bad interceptions that turn into touchdowns or taking bad sacks that result in a scoop and score while also not managing to throw for 200 yards and being benched in favor of Shaun Hill means you're a bad QB. Good QB's make plays when it's crunch time or they adjust how they play after the defense figures them out. That's something Davis couldn't do and that's why he's a third stringer on the Browns and not starting.

You really want to compare Austin Davis with Manning and Brady's first year? Let's see, Manning was thought of as the next great QB, and Brady did nothing but win games and manage the patriots offense very efficiently. Davis did neither of those things last year. He had two good games and that's it. He made terrible decisions, couldn't beat defenses with his throws and was easy to game plan against, hence why he was benched for Hill. It wasn't a mass conspiracy by Fisher and Snead, it was his play that caused it.

And saying that he couldn't hack it against NFC West teams is not helping your case that Davis is a good QB with potential. He had his opportunity to show that he was someone the Rams could count on to either lead this team going forward, or at worst, show he could be one of the better back up QB's in the league. He did none of those things. It's not like teams were having conversations with our staff to trade for him. If he's as good as some of you think, then why didn't anyone make a trade proposal to get him?

At the end of the day, Keenum showed he could handle our offense and manage it better than Davis could and that's why he's on the team and Davis is third string in Cleveland. Period. I'm going to worry about Foles leading this team. The Davis supporters can get NFL Sunday Ticket and marvel at how well Austin holds that clipboard.

Because they could make all the throws and weren't overwhelmed at QB. They also could beat the best defenses and not be made to look like a fool on a consistent basis. That's why they stuck around, unlike Davis. And again, if Davis has all this potential and is such a great QB, then why were no teams knocking down our door to trade for him? I think the only one who needs to get a clue is you.

But, keep comparing Austin Davis, a third string QB on the Browns, with Hall of Fame QB's or borderline HOF QB's. It doesn't make you seem delusional at all.

Ahhh... but on the contrary, with all due respect! Mr. V-Mike, when comments like these are made and Austin Davis does end up being the starting QB. Just goes to show that maybe.. just maybe... they were made a little too prematurely! and a big fat dead crow should be served on a platter!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh... but on the contrary, with all due respect! Mr. V-Mike, when comments like these are made and Austin Davis does end up being the starting QB. Just goes to show that maybe.. just maybe... they were made a little too prematurely! and a big fat dead crow should be served on a platter!!

Letting Davis go, keeping Keenum... Drafting Mannion over Hundley...

:tsk:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I feel ya zeke but TBT it will be his play as the starter, wouldn't you agree? I mean just look at Cleveland's history with QB's, they've had 17 different dudes under center in the last 10 years and really haven't had any consistency at that position since Bernie Kosar back in the 90's. Heck, they'd suit up mother Teresa if they thought she could win them a game or two.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis may have less weapons in Cleveland than he had in STL, with not as good a D either.

But Johnny Football will be in there now until he gets hurt.

And Vita, we would have suited up Mother Teresa too - hell we DID! It was Sam! :lol:

But seriously how many back up QBs had 2-3 300 yard games last year and it was their FIRST year as a starter in the NFL?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I feel ya zeke but TBT it will be his play as the starter, wouldn't you agree? I mean just look at Cleveland's history with QB's, they've had 17 different dudes under center in the last 10 years and really haven't had any consistency at that position since Bernie Kosar back in the 90's. Heck, they'd suit up mother Teresa if they thought she could win them a game or two.

They must be doing something wrong.
TBT, right now, I think if you penciled in Tom Brady as the starter for the Browns(with only a month to learn) he would struggle. You know as well as I, that it takes some time to learn and feel comfortable with the language of an NFL offense. Also time to feel comfortable with the players around you. Austin Davis has only been there a short time, he will struggle, mainly because he is still learning. Who knows, maybe that's why the Browns have had many qbs fail.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is gone, because defenses had figured him out, unlike Manning who keeps adding to his pick 6 total!

Sorry I can't help but to keep bringing that up, the whole" defenses have figured Davis out" excuse was stupid, I don't understand people who say such silly things? Two of Davis's pick 6's were deflections, but ya, defenses figured him out, but in Mannings case its just something that happens sometimes? Whatever!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis got something few people get, a shot and seems he will again. More power to him. Was he treated fairly blah, blah ,blah debatable surely. Comparing him to seasoned vets possible HOFers, well I don't know something has to be said for a total body of work. If its me picking right now between say Davis and Warner I pick Warner. I shouldn't he hasn't played in a few years. Going will the veteran is normally the best route. :suds:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis got something few people get, a shot and seems he will again. More power to him. Was he treated fairly blah, blah ,blah debatable surely. Comparing him to seasoned vets possible HOFers, well I don't know something has to be said for a total body of work. If its me picking right now between say Davis and Warner I pick Warner. I shouldn't he hasn't played in a few years. Going will the veteran is normally the best route. :suds:
Davis got something few people get, a shot and seems he will again. More power to him. Was he treated fairly blah, blah ,blah debatable surely. Comparing him to seasoned vets possible HOFers, well I
don't know something has to be said for a total body of work. If its me picking right now between say Davis and Warner I pick Warner. I shouldn't he hasn't played in a few years. Going will the veteran is normally the best route. :suds:

Ozark, the point Im trying to make is that some posters on here made the ridiculous statement that Davis was throwing pick 6's because defenses have figured him out. My God two of his 4 were deflections, that's not defenses figuring him out! The point in bringing Manning into the picture was that even the best throw pick 6's, it's not because the defense figured them out. Pick 6's happen almost every week in the NFL. Manning has thrown one in both games this year, but I don't think it's because defenses have figured him out!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God two of his 4 were deflections,
I should know better to even speak the former Rams QB name, but I can remember you arguing ad nauseam on a Bradford pick 6 deflection when it was clear to me that the RB should have caught the ball, but now here we are in a similar scenario. I know then you had no love for Sam and now you have much love for Austin, but really isn't it the Davis camp here accusing Fisher of 'not liking' one dude over another?

Maybe just a little bit of hypocrisy going on here?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozark, the point Im trying to make is that some posters on here made the ridiculous statement that Davis was throwing pick 6's because defenses have figured him out. My God two of his 4 were deflections, that's not defenses figuring him out! The point in bringing Manning into the picture was that even the best throw pick 6's, it's not because the defense figured them out. Pick 6's happen almost every week in the NFL. Manning has thrown one in both games this year, but I don't think it's because defenses have figured him out!

OK I see where your coming from now. Honestly all though I admire Davis guts and style. I wasn't as impressed with him as many. Should he have been left to finish the season? In the grand scheme of things flip a coin. :suds:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis lost to Dallas, Philly, San Fran, beat Seattle and then San Fran on the road, then lost to Zona and KC on the road. Anyone just watch Manning and Denver barely beat KC on the road? Many of these teams are playoff teams too.

Davis Threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs against Philly and 300 and 2 TDs vs Dallas. Yes he had INTs too it was his first year starting.

Wtf did Case Keenum do? In his career? He sure as hell did go up against competition and defenses like the ones above.

This argument is boring. And it's a joke that some of u don't get it. We need a good back up - just look at our last 5 years. :L

Time to let this go and hope we don't need our back up.

Austin Davis > Case Keenum

Brett Hundley > Sean Mannion

And BYU is currently owning UCLA in LA ;)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a good back up - just look at our last 5 years. :L
Look at them, hell if we had a decent backup QB last year we may have had a winning season! We had two dudes that didn't cut it, one past his prime the other before his time (maybe).

I thought they should have given Davis a little more time but they thought different.

Tie game in Pasadena!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at them, hell if we had a decent backup QB last year we may have had a winning season! We had two dudes that didn't cut it, one past his prime the other before his time (maybe).

I thought they should have given Davis a little more time but they thought different.

Tie game in Pasadena!

Problem is... What back up QB on any other team did you want? Not many did what Davis did and none played that competition.

Look at what starting QBs did against Seattle KC Dallas last year..

BYU +16.5 was cash money

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude had like a 100+ yards in the Seattle game, right?

ST and dumbass coach in Seattle lost that game but you somehow want to give credit to Davis. :L

Only thing Davis did in that game was not lose it.

Dude is gone, please y'all, put away your hankies and stop the tears!

BYU +16.5 was cash money

Not if you asked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.