• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis On The Way Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there is such an emoticon Zeke, but if there was, we'd have it.

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th?&id=OIP.M03012dc371773d96f5cf9df6a20ad36bo0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg I don't know where this "Eat Crow" phrase started, but here you go!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is taking some 1st team reps this week just in case they need him to play.

He may not be holding that proverbial clipboard much longer:lol:

That's because the starter McCown hasn't cleared the concussion protocol yet. I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Breakable Bradford, we need to move on from Davis. He's gone, the only thing I care about is Foles continuing to develop and Mannion gives us a sign of his potential.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles played alright in the opener, we still gotta make improvements and can't take the Skins lightly.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Snake Eyes. The experiments of Davis and Jones are done. I wish Davis well. We should now terminate the experiment with Pead. These are players of the past. Players that appear to be a good solid prospect only to fade away when it counts except for Davis. I believe he'll be the starter in Cleveland soon enough.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Snake Eyes. The experiments of Davis and Jones are done. I wish Davis well. We should now terminate the experiment with Pead. These are players of the past. Players that appear to be a good solid prospect only to fade away when it counts except for Davis. I believe he'll be the starter in Cleveland soon enough.

and therein lies the problem Retro.

they moved on from Davis when he has shown signs of potential ( unlike Keenum ). but as someone else already mentioned, Fisher obviously did not like him for some reason as evidenced by his lack of play in the preseason.

if he does play, and play well in Cleveland, many fans will be upset that Fisher got rid of a solid backup QB to go with Keenum.

and now I'm done. moving on.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher did not like him for some reason as evidenced by his lack of play in the preseason.
I don't think it's at all about 'like'.

If Davis was a fit for what Fisher is trying to accomplish with the Rams than he would still be here. Unlike some of the other dudes Fisher has hung on to, Davis was cheap. (No draft pick spent, no big contract). So if he was a fit, he'd be here. The fact that Davis is probably more suited for a team that can throw it all over the place has something to do with it. Fish wants a QB who will sit in the pocket for the most part, be prudent with the ball on most snaps and will manage the game so ST and the defense can dominate. The gunslinger QB just doesn't fit.

I don't see how that is so hard for some of you to understand.

Maybe what you really want is an offense that will throw it all over the place like a Dallas. Funny thing, in all of our misery, Dallas hasn't really done anything at all except for a playoff game or so.

I like the physically dominating defensive line, the run control, shorten the game philosophy. It's worked well in the NFC West, the most dominate division in the NFL and it will work for us.

My apologies it's taken so long, but I think that is more to do with key injuries in the building blocks of things, than it has to do with the big picture.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles played alright in the opener, we still gotta make improvements and can't take the Skins lightly.

He played good, alright is not a good enough word. His first official game in a Rams going against the NFC Champs, standing behind a very inexperienced line standing tough , only getting sacked twice. Throwing all the throws not just drinking and dunking like we've come accustomed too.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, if we don't beat the redskins by 20pts ill be pissed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, get with the program here.:L We are discussing Davis on this thread and you are talking about the Redskins game on Sunday. I believe there are other threads all about that post. I wonder some times what you are thinking. lol.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, get with the program here.:L We are discussing Davis on this thread and you are talking about the Redskins game on Sunday. I believe there are other threads all about that post. I wonder some times what you are thinking. lol.

was looking at icefreezer's post

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's at all about 'like'.

If Davis was a fit for what Fisher is trying to accomplish with the Rams than he would still be here. Unlike some of the other dudes Fisher has hung on to, Davis was cheap. (No draft pick spent, no big contract). So if he was a fit, he'd be here. The fact that Davis is probably more suited for a team that can throw it all over the place has something to do with it. Fish wants a QB who will sit in the pocket for the most part, be prudent with the ball on most snaps and will manage the game so ST and the defense can dominate. The gunslinger QB just doesn't fit.

I don't see how that is so hard for some of you to understand.

Maybe what you really want is an offense that will throw it all over the place like a Dallas. Funny thing, in all of our misery, Dallas hasn't really done anything at all except for a playoff game or so.

I like the physically dominating defensive line, the run control, shorten the game philosophy. It's worked well in the NFC West, the most dominate division in the NFL and it will work for us.

My apologies it's taken so long, but I think that is more to do with key injuries in the building blocks of things, than it has to do with the big picture.

I think that is why he is gone more than anything.

they have picks tied to Keenum and Mannion. there was nothing tying them to Davis. I think that was the biggest factor more than anything.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, if we don't beat the redskins by 20pts ill be pissed.
I'll take the double U anyway it comes, I don't care if it's by a game ending safety where we win by 1 Red. :nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea Red. I see that. WTH Icefreeze and Vita. We are discussing Davis on this thread and you two post stuff about the Redskins game. Get with the program dudes!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Red. I see that. WTH Icefreeze and Vita. We are discussing Davis on this thread and you two post stuff about the Redskins game. Get with the program dudes!

Look, I just go with the flow, if the convo takes you a stray every now and then, it's probably a good convo. :nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I know you go with the flow. I just saying take your flow over to the other thread otherwise we have chaos.:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I know you go with the flow. I just saying take your flow over to the other thread otherwise we have chaos.:lol:
Just not gonna respond to someones post in this thread in another, that is lame to me chaos aside. (No offense Red)....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I sort of expected how you'd respond Vita.
I'm just not sure what you are expecting Retro and why?

If someone brings up something off topic here, what's the harm in keeping the dialog going on here?

Here is where it is being brought up, not there but here!

I tired to kill this Browns QB thing long ago Retro.

Davis is gone, I've been saying this for 4 pages plus! I even gave another take on why I don't think it's about Fisher not 'liking' Davis on this page once again. (Staying on topic)

It's easy to get distracted when the dead horse is getting beat over & over again and there is something 'shinny' over there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.