• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell fired

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He interviewed for chicago's hc spot, he is only a qb coach though so he is primed for an oc job at least

Damn, not sure how I missed that one being on this side of the country but very interesting indeed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that Richard and QB coach Carl Smith have been canned as well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that Richard and QB coach Carl Smith have been canned as well.
Does it seem like PC is making an attempt to refresh the message? Maybe after 6 or 7 years with more or less the same cast, it's about time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it seem like PC is making an attempt to refresh the message? Maybe after 6 or 7 years with more or less the same cast, it's about time.

I might be in the minority here, but I've never been a fan of Richard.

There were a number of miscommunications in the secondary under Richard, especially during his first season. Injuries dis-railed this year, so he's not entirely responsible for that, but I've never been a huge fan.

Additionally, the Seahawks have been able to rely on pure talent. Sure, the base cover-3 the Seahawks use has been effective, but there is an absolute lack of creativity by the defense. Whenever a simple four man rush doesn't generate pressure, I feel like the team seldom dials up creative blitzes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were a number of miscommunications in the secondary under Richard, especially during his first season. Injuries dis-railed this year, so he's not entirely responsible for that, but I've never been a huge fan.

Additionally, the Seahawks have been able to rely on pure talent. Sure, the base cover-3 the Seahawks use has been effective, but there is an absolute lack of creativity by the defense. Whenever a simple four man rush doesn't generate pressure, I feel like the team seldom dials up creative blitzes.
Richard dialed numerous creative blitzes this season. How could you not have noticed? His first season though was a cluster f***. He seemed to clear all the miscommunication up this season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Sark, I actually wouldn't have an issue with him as OC. His first year wasn't all that impressive with the Falcons, but I think that is more of a reflection of the Falcons regressing to the mean. Matt Ryan had a career year.

I was very, very bitter when he left UW for USC, but I always had a lot of respect for him as an offensive mind. I'm fairly certain he called the plays when he was at UW, and although the Huskies were never able to get over that 7 win hump, Sark was always able to put together a strong offense. I think he's a very strong offensive mind and he's one of the few play callers I've actually never bitched about.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard dialed numerous creative blitzes this season. How could you not have noticed? His first season though was a cluster f***. He seemed to clear all the miscommunication up this season.

I don't find sending Bobby Wagner up the middle or a corner off the edge to be all that impressive.

Sure he seemed to clear up the miscommunication this year, I'll give you that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't find sending Bobby Wagner up the middle or a corner off the edge to be all that impressive.

Sure he seemed to clear up the miscommunication this year, I'll give you that.

OK, exactly who should he have used to blitz then? His blitzes were effective and was the one thing that keep the secondary from getting killed with all the injuries. Heck it wasn’t like the DL was getting the job done on its own, they needed the help.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say whether Richard was a good DC or not. The defense is Pete's baby. We are going to run a Cover-3 as our base defense. The DC adjusts from there.

Except us to start doing exotic zone blitzes seems unreasonable unless we change head coaches.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if he's the next Buddy Ryan or anything, but I give him credit for keeping the D mostly together this year despite so many key injuries. On top of that, I like what we got out of Byron Maxwell, Shaq Griffin, and Bradley McDougald...and even Dion Jordan. Is that all Richard? No, probably not, but he was the DB coach before moving up to DC, so some of that has to be passed down. He gets a passing grade from me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, exactly who should he have used to blitz then? His blitzes were effective and was the one thing that keep the secondary from getting killed with all the injuries. Heck it wasn’t like the DL was getting the job done on its own, they needed the help.

I would've preferred more utilization of DL stunts during blitzes. Additionally, many of the blitzes the Seahawks ran were easily recognizable pre-play.

But I might just be focusing on the minutiae.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he's the next Buddy Ryan or anything, but I give him credit for keeping the D mostly together this year despite so many key injuries. On top of that, I like what we got out of Byron Maxwell, Shaq Griffin, and Bradley McDougald...and even Dion Jordan. Is that all Richard? No, probably not, but he was the DB coach before moving up to DC, so some of that has to be passed down. He gets a passing grade from me.

Fair enough.

I'm not trying to argue he has been bad. I think my perception is that he's average and had a poor performance his first year with all the miscommunications. That's why I'm kind of surprised he's possibly on the chopping block. Not sure you can blame him with all the injuries.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I'm not trying to argue he has been bad. I think my perception is that he's average and had a poor performance his first year with all the miscommunications. That's why I'm kind of surprised he's possibly on the chopping block. Not sure you can blame him with all the injuries.
I also find it a bit strange that Richard appears to be on the outs. Before he became the DC, I actually liked him as a good bet to succeed Carroll. This D looked to me to be pretty fantastic the first few games of the season until key players went down. Even then, it turned in some pretty good performances but just not as consistently.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it a bit strange that Richard appears to be on the outs. Before he became the DC, I actually liked him as a good bet to succeed Carroll. This D looked to me to be pretty fantastic the first few games of the season until key players went down. Even then, it turned in some pretty good performances but just not as consistently.
I’m with you, thought he did well to keep the defense decent under trying circumstances. Surprised he’s being made a scapegoat, yet the most glaring weak spot ( Tom Cable of course) has yet to be fired. Perhaps Seahawks are leaving that up to the next OC ?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, who do they have in mind to run the defense? My first thought was Norton, but I just read that he went to San Fran.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norton wasnt good with the raiders.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2