• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I'll give the Yankee hitters credit because they got the run and ultimately won this game. There is variation in every ump's strike zone even from game to game. But we see this in every game in from every ump practically. Don't believe only what the pitch tracker says. The announcers only go by what's in the pitch tracker these days.

So both sets of announcers, Nathan, and Pierzynski all thought the calls were ridiculous. But I guess you know better.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wash: When your stud closer is getting squeezed like no other maybe grow a pair and come a bit unglued. Defend your guy you "players" manager. What a joke.
You're the joke

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I'll give the Yankee hitters credit because they got the run and ultimately won this game. There is variation in every ump's strike zone even from game to game. But we see this in every game in from every ump practically. Don't believe only what the pitch tracker says. The announcers only go by what's in the pitch tracker these days.

The Yankees hitters dont deserve credit, that's bullshit. Dantley squeezed Joe and it was obvious. Ray Charles could see it. The umpire made him throw the ball in the fat part of the plate and they hit him, there's no credit due for that.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomato, tomaato. Oakland is a good team but I don't see them running away with it unless Texas completely collapses.

You mean like they did last year. And this year went from 7 ahead to now 4 behind.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has to get it done. Having Nunez and Lilibridge of all people beat you is unconscionable....
Well, the walk should have never been and he pretty much resorted to throwing meat hanging up in the zone for the RBI triple. Go figure.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both sets of announcers, Nathan, and Pierzynski all thought the calls were ridiculous. But I guess you know better.

It appeared to be a tight strike zone but strike zones vary from ump to ump and even the same ump from game to game sometimes. That is all I am saying. Yes I do know better I guess.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember

At the end of the season when there are tight races for stuff like division titles and wild card spots and home field advantage in the wild card game, remember this ninth inning and Kerwin Danleys decision to give Yankee hitters four and five strikes and then called strikes for Rivera as long as the catcher caught it. What difference would one win have made at the end of last season.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like they did last year. And this year went from 7 ahead to now 4 behind.

I just think Oakland played out of their minds last season and Texas just ran out of gas considering how much baseball they played the whole season. Everything that could have gone wrong for Texas did. This season they're 4 back right now and that's fine. Oakland was 4 back on Texas too. Welcome to a pennant race. These happen and I think it will be close til the end. Just my opinion tho.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appeared to be a tight strike zone but strike zones vary from ump to ump and even the same ump from game to game sometimes. That is all I am saying. Yes I do know better I guess.
It definitely appeared to be tight, then when Nathan came in it was just plain ridiculous, and then when Rivera came it, what do you know. :L

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mclemore annoys me with his constant sunshine and daffodils. is his job on the line or something were he cant speak his mind?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You still don't get it and I guess you never will. There is a difference in slight variance in calls and umpires having their own unique strike zones which don't adhere to MLB guidelines. Umpires who have their own strike zones think they are above the game. They think their opinion of what is a strike and what isn't is more accurate than the actual rules. If you do not realize that there are umpires in the game who have massive egos and play by their own rules, then I don't know what else to say. I'm not saying the Rangers lost solely because of the ump.

bushwacker1969

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was serious BS. Terrible job by the all to human umpire.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Oakland played out of their minds last season and Texas just ran out of gas considering how much baseball they played the whole season. Everything that could have gone wrong for Texas did. This season they're 4 back right now and that's fine. Oakland was 4 back on Texas too. Welcome to a pennant race. These happen and I think it will be close til the end. Just my opinion tho.
The difference between Oakland and Texas is Oakland doesn't lose games like this....never. They have half of our offensive talent yet they put it together every night and figure out ways to win, not lose games. And they have a good pitching staff that keeps them in games until they can pull them out...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely appeared to be tight, then when Nathan came in it was just plain ridiculous, and then when Rivera came it, what do you know. :L

Even those things happen in a season to every team. Not saying I approve of it or love it but it is what it is.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this franchise is ever gonna win we have to stock up on top players and be overwhelming favorites like the Miami heat