• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't get it and I guess you never will. There is a difference in slight variance in calls and umpires having their own unique strike zones which don't adhere to MLB guidelines. Umpires who have their own strike zones think they are above the game. They think their opinion of what is a strike and what isn't is more accurate than the actual rules. If you do not realize that there are umpires in the game who have massive egos and play by their own rules, then I don't know what else to say. I'm not saying the Rangers lost solely because of the ump.

We're almost saying the same shit then. I love you.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Oakland and Texas is Oakland doesn't lose games like this....never. They have half of our offensive talent yet they put it together every night and figure out ways to win, not lose games. And they have a good pitching staff that keeps them in games until they can pull them out...
One can say they are well coached.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Oakland and Texas is Oakland doesn't lose games like this....never. They have half of our offensive talent yet they put it together every night and figure out ways to win, not lose games. And they have a good pitching staff that keeps them in games until they can pull them out...

I am by no means knocking Oakland but I don't think this will be a Texas situation in 2010 and 2011 where no one else in the division is good and they run away with it. Baseball is all ups and downs and Texas is a damn good team that will continue to win games. Anaheim and Seattle are somewhat decent and have gotten better as the season has progressed. And Oakland will get on some kind of losing way. It's baseball and it's inevitable. That is why unless a massive collapse happens I see this going to the end of the season.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody hear when the pitcher from cuba going to decide who is going to sign with.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers lost this game because Kerwin Danley is a massive POS. Plain and simple.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody hear when the pitcher from cuba going to decide who is going to sign with.

I heard a decision is expected sometime this week but who knows. All about the mighty dollar.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

Because Texas is said to be one of the teams interested as well as the next big Japanese pitcher declaring himself eligible this coming off season.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am by no means knocking Oakland but I don't think this will be a Texas situation in 2010 and 2011 where no one else in the division is good and they run away with it. Baseball is all ups and downs and Texas is a damn good team that will continue to win games. Anaheim and Seattle are somewhat decent and have gotten better as the season has progressed. And Oakland will get on some kind of losing way. It's baseball and it's inevitable. That is why unless a massive collapse happens I see this going to the end of the season.

All I'm expecting is a collapse we have a history of it. I just we don't become the cubs

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm expecting is a collapse we have a history of it. I just we don't become the cubs

A history of collapsing? A history of being a sucky franchise yes. Ok the 2011 WS I'll give you and last season Oakland went on a historic run and everything went wrong for Texas and yet it still came down to game 162. A "history" of collapsing is not very accurate.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut wrenching loss tonight. If a team scores more than 4 against the Rangers it is rapidly becoming an almost 100% chance Rangers will lose. Oak is gonna win again tonight with yet another late game scoring push. Yes it is Houston but they are playing with heart while the Rangers are lost. They are unable to rally late and have started to develop a habit of blowing tight games late.

An example is needed and should be made but not sure who or exactly what. I am sure though that nothing is gonna change and no example will be made. This one will be explained away again as just a bad stretch or that be the way baseball be. The players and coaches are being trained that mediocrity is acceptable because this three year run has been fairly successful if you are willing to overlook zero WS championships. The FO loves the full stands of fans who pay a pretty price to watch. The manager hides behind the success of now winning more games than any past manager so he just floats along on a reputation that is over stated as far as his real contribution to the past success of the team. The players love the players coach who explains away long term poor performance.

This new pitcher and a new bat cannot fix the woes of this team. I do not want to see it but maybe a long losing streak and a .500 or so team that totally misses the playoffs may be the only thing that will force the ownership to address the leadership issues involving Wash.

The last 62 games of this season will be interesting. I pray I am wrong but .500 play from here is not going to make the playoffs.