• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? Like what Japanese guy

The Cuban dude and the Japanese pitcher. I don't recall his name but it's a 24 year old lefty who is supposed to be a stud. Texas has had scouts watching his games in Japan for quite a while now.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut wrenching loss tonight. If a team scores more than 4 against the Rangers it is rapidly becoming an almost 100% chance Rangers will lose. Oak is gonna win again tonight with yet another late game scoring push. Yes it is Houston but they are playing with heart while the Rangers are lost. They are unable to rally late and have started to develop a habit of blowing tight games late.

An example is needed and should be made but not sure who or exactly what. I am sure though that nothing is gonna change and no example will be made. This one will be explained away again as just a bad stretch or that be the way baseball be. The players and coaches are being trained that mediocrity is acceptable because this three year run has been fairly successful if you are willing to overlook zero WS championships. The FO loves the full stands of fans who pay a pretty price to watch. The manager hides behind the success of now winning more games than any past manager so he just floats along on a reputation that is over stated as far as his real contribution to the past success of the team. The players love the players coach who explains away long term poor performance.

This new pitcher and a new bat cannot fix the woes of this team. I do not want to see it but maybe a long losing streak and a .500 or so team that totally misses the playoffs may be the only thing that will force the ownership to address the leadership issues involving Wash.

The last 62 games of this season will be interesting. I pray I am wrong but .500 play from here is not going to make the playoffs.
You're right. It's still odd that we're not even a wild card team at this point. They have to start winning games, not just 1 or 2, but start winning like we've seen them do in the beginning of the season.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when umps decide games. Rivera's strikezone was twice the freaking size of Nathan's. Why can't Wash get out there and stand up for his pitcher? So he gets tossed. So what. That was as bad a squeeze job as I've seen in a long long time. Nathan has earned more respect than that. This was a huge momentum game for Texas and it all blew up. Extremely disappointed in Wash...again.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cuban dude and the Japanese pitcher. I don't recall his name but it's a 24 year old lefty who is supposed to be a stud. Texas has had scouts watching his games in Japan for quite a while now.

Like a cant miss like darvish?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros win.

Walk off error. Pretty sweet ending.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros walk-off against Grant Balfour and the A's!
At least we didn't lose ground.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the Astros won, but I'm still pissed the Ump fucked us over and we could've gained a game on the A's

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Oakland and Texas is Oakland doesn't lose games like this....never. They have half of our offensive talent yet they put it together every night and figure out ways to win, not lose games. And they have a good pitching staff that keeps them in games until they can pull them out...

Can you jinx the A's like this every night please?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just logged on. Wasn't that ump garbage in the ninth?! Also who is making the OF alignment decisions. Gentry should have been playing deeper to prevent the go ahead run from getting in scoring position.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just logged on. Wasn't that ump garbage in the ninth?! Also who is making the OF alignment decisions. Gentry should have been playing deeper to prevent the go ahead run from getting in scoring position.

That one is on Pettis again, he sets the outfield alignment. Gentry certainly should have never been playing that shallow, you have to be playing no doubles depth there.