• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a book but every umpire has their own variation and perception of it. That's baseball.

Most umpires stick with a pretty literal translation of the rule book and call strikes accordingly with only slight variance from game to game. There are a few others who choose to disregard the rule book altogether and have their own unique strike zone. I am very aware this happens in baseball. It doesn't mean it's right. You can give the Yankees hitters all the credit you want. The truth is that both Wells and Nunez struck out under normal strike zone rules. The pitch tracker said so, the Rangers broadcasters said so, and even the Yankees broadcasters said so.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wash: When your stud closer is getting squeezed like no other maybe grow a pair and come a bit unglued. Defend your guy you "players" manager. What a joke.

That's just silly.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantley screwed Joe

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our ace All star closer can't get Edward Nunez and Brent Lillibridge, I cannot believe we are going to lose this game...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this umpire chokes on riveras nutsack tonight

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our ace All star closer can't get Edward Nunez and Brent Lillibridge, I cannot believe we are going to lose this game...
It's not that easy, when pitches that you throw are all the way in but still called a ball.
Then Rivera throws a couple that are an inch or two off the outside edge and they're all strikes.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight balls over a foot off the plate that are all of a sudden strikes for Rivera which haven't been strikes all night long. Still think this ump didn't put his stamp on the game?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most umpires stick with a pretty literal translation of the rule book and call strikes accordingly with only slight variance from game to game. There are a few others who choose to disregard the rule book altogether and have their own unique strike zone. I am very aware this happens in baseball. It doesn't mean it's right. You can give the Yankees hitters all the credit you want. The truth is that both Wells and Nunez struck out under normal strike zone rules. The pitch tracker said so, the Rangers broadcasters said so, and even the Yankees broadcasters said so.

Yep I'll give the Yankee hitters credit because they got the run and ultimately won this game. There is variation in every ump's strike zone even from game to game. But we see this in every game in from every ump practically. Don't believe only what the pitch tracker says. The announcers only go by what's in the pitch tracker these days.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks, Texas. Nathan, you can't let these games slip away

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss was a complete pile of shit. We came back to take the lead and Umpire decided he had to fuck us over and give the Yankees the game with his bullshit.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I'll give the Yankee hitters credit because they got the run and ultimately won this game. There is variation in every ump's strike zone even from game to game. But we see this in every game in from every ump practically. Don't believe only what the pitch tracker says. The announcers only go by what's in the pitch tracker these days.
I'm not basing everything off the pitch tracker, I'm basing it off what I'm seeing with my own eyes.
Still, Nathan should have been able to get the win.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean rangers need to be within striking distance just stop Oakland is better than us

Tomato, tomaato. Oakland is a good team but I don't see them running away with it unless Texas completely collapses.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomato, tomaato. Oakland is a good team but I don't see them running away with it unless Texas completely collapses.
Well, they're pulling away ever so slowly.
Let's get ourselves a wild card spot first >.<

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that easy, when pitches that you throw are all the way in but still called a ball.
Then Rivera throws a couple that are an inch or two off the outside edge and they're all strikes.
He still has to get it done. Having Nunez and Lilibridge of all people beat you is unconscionable....

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not basing everything off the pitch tracker, I'm basing it off what I'm seeing with my own eyes.
Still, Nathan should have been able to get the win.

It's a loss. It sucks but it's a loss that our all star closer blew and that's fine. It happens. I didn't agree with everything in the strike zone hey it is what it is. Blowing a save from time to time happens even to the best of them.

And I said it earlier and I'll say it again. Brett Gardner's AB had an effect with Nathan today and if he is going to be needed tomorrow and/or Thursday.