• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak lost the game...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judd Garrett lost the game, one of the worst coaches in the NFL, not quite the worst, until Jeff Fisher and Chuck Pagano get fired

Ive never seen a QB throw 45 times, but never be allowed to make what I would call an "Impact throw"......When you throw 45 times, and an all world receiver has one catch for 8 yards, that does and will ALWAYS fall on the guy calling the plays

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about saying the Giants made the plays they had to and Dallas didn't. Give the Giants their credit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak (and the Cowboys coaches) did a great job of managing the game and handling the moment. Dak did enough to win this one. He needed a little more help from his skill guys... 2 pretty good passes were dropped for TD's. (admittedly, they were tough catches to make. But this is the NFL.)

Great game, glad the Giants finally pulled one out vs Dallas week 1.
The Giants have a few holes, but they are gonna be in every game. They have a great passing game and they can flat out stuff the run. That's a pretty potent combo

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For most people, this would rank as dumbest post ever. Barely cracks your top 10:L

If you read the thread I said it was not Dak fault cause the ball was never spotted in time. But he did line up behind guard.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the thread I said it was not Dak fault cause the ball was never spotted in time. But he did line up behind guard.

Yup he most definitely did.

I've never liked the spotting of the ball process. It can be very unfair to the team trying to make the most of time left.

In this case the guy marking forward progress was also the guy who picked up the ball and ran it to the snap spot. Clunky to say the least.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup he most definitely did.

I've never liked the spotting of the ball process. It can be very unfair to the team trying to make the most of time left.

In this case the guy marking forward progress was also the guy who picked up the ball and ran it to the snap spot. Clunky to say the least.

I don't know.. They jog it at the end of the games which gives the offense an added bonus every time. But as Dallas wasn't even set as time expired, didn't matter.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.. They jog it at the end of the games which gives the offense an added bonus every time. But as Dallas wasn't even set as time expired, didn't matter.

It's a clunky process at best.

Not saying Dallas needed more time either, they had enough if Williams had done his job and gone OB.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a clunky process at best.

Not saying Dallas needed more time either, they had enough if Williams had done his job and gone OB.

I'm fine with it. I don't recall any time the refs didn't have the ball placed before the offense was set in those situations, there's always receivers running back to get set. I guess I'd actually have to see examples of when the offense was lined up and ready and waiting for the ref to spot the ball to say it's not good and maybe something needs done. And if there's a pileup or sack and the ref can't get the ball immediately spotted they stop the clock and start the clock when things are set.

So as long as they are setting the ball before the offense is ready to snap it, I'm good.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with it. I don't recall any time the refs didn't have the ball placed before the offense was set in those situations, there's always receivers running back to get set. I guess I'd actually have to see examples of when the offense was lined up and ready and waiting for the ref to spot the ball to say it's not good and maybe something needs done. And if there's a pileup or sack and the ref can't get the ball immediately spotted they stop the clock and start the clock when things are set.

So as long as they are setting the ball before the offense is ready to snap it, I'm good.

It's a process that could use some streamlining.

I guess that means I'm not good with it.

And not saying I don't like it if it works against the opponent either. I can be fickle.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a process that could use some streamlining.

I guess that means I'm not good with it.

And not saying I don't like it if it works against the opponent either. I can be fickle.

How would you streamline it? Current rule is if the ball is delayed getting spotted (for measurement, for a pileup, anything that delays the ref in spotting the ball), they call a ref timeout which stops the clock. I've never seen a play where the ref kept the clock running when the offense was set.

Just curious what you would do instead and what would your intended outcome be?

I wouldn't be surprised if some year the league stopped all plays immediately after the whistle in the 2 minute warning (more 2 minute drill time, more comebacks, etc)... but not really for that myself.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you streamline it? Current rule is if the ball is delayed getting spotted (for measurement, for a pileup, anything that delays the ref in spotting the ball), they call a ref timeout which stops the clock. I've never seen a play where the ref kept the clock running when the offense was set.

Just curious what you would do instead and what would your intended outcome be?

I wouldn't be surprised if some year the league stopped all plays immediately after the whistle in the 2 minute warning (more 2 minute drill time, more comebacks, etc)... but not really for that myself.

I'd be OK with stopping clock till ball is spotted. Simple as that.

Sort of like when a guy goes OB and the clock fires up as soon as the ball is spotted.

And not till everybody is lined up, just when the ball is spotted.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sort of like when a guy goes OB and the clock fires up as soon as the ball is spotted.

And what does that accomplish? I mean sure it makes 2 minute drills a lot easier. And I get that if that's what you want... But that's really it.

And I am ok with that. More plays run in the 60 minute game is fine with me to be honest.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak played well. WRs dropping TD passes in the first quarter hurt them. Defense allowing TDs hurt, and of course Williams forgetting what the sideline does hurt.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well in the final 2 minutes, clock stops until the snap when he goes out of bounds and I think I see why even more.

Just trying to see if there is a good way. So lets poke a few holes... (no offense. I do this with all idea's including my own to see how it stands up)

Say we go with your idea. Clock stops until ball is spotted.

6 seconds left, you and I ref identical situations in different games:

We'll say it takes 6 seconds to get set.
I get the ball back to the spot in 4 seconds.
You use that speed of yours and get it back in 2 seconds.
Figure 2 second run-off for a snap/spike.

Look at the math, and your hustle cost the offense the game, me being slower got them another down to play.

And here's where it gets fun. What if the WR gets up slowly, maybe trips over the defender, gets back to his feet, and then politely holds out the ball for you to run over and take. He's just watching his other WR's downfield sprint back to the LOS as he eats up time while the clock is stopped. Then you get in that whole "how much holding up of the game is excessive" debate. But he could easily turn your 2 seconds into 4 seconds and give them a chance to win the game.

I guess the idea's I'd like for consistency are

1. Stop the clock until the next snap on all plays in the 2 minute drill... in bounds or out. Issue is you lose the excitement of that fast pace 2 minute drill...

2. Hurry to get the ball spotted, if there's a delay and the ball isn't spotted before the offense is set, take an officials timeout until it is and start the clock once set (current method).

3. After any play ending in bounds, there is a 5 second run-off then the clock starts at the next snap (gives you the sidelines importance still, but loses the frenetic pace).

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I miss the old rules, when OB stoped the clock period. Staubach woulda never been Staubach playing with these rules.

less plays, less injuries is more logical to me than length of a game. Hell, starting at 4:25 backs up prime time anyways