• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak lost the game...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention I read the Eagles have the 2nd hardest schedule in the NFL and Dallas has the easiest
I'm sure that doesn't affect young QBS either.
Yeah, but twice a year we play that amazing Eagle D you talk about and Philly gets to play the crummy Dallas D...

Wasn't someone posting a link last week that said Philly had the second best OL in the league this year? Not saying I agree, but...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a grand total of TWO different teams we play than Philly.

Also, you don't have the 2nd hardest you have the 26th. Dallas is tied for 27th. Unless you are adjusting your SoS ranking based on who you have already beaten, in which case your opponents have an extra 4 wins thanks to your own teams losses.

2016 NFL strength of schedule

LOL DumbFuck Eagle fan failed again. ONE game tougher, that's a hell of a climb up that tough mountain.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a grand total of TWO different teams we play than Philly.

Also, you don't have the 2nd hardest you have the 26th. Dallas is tied for 27th. Unless you are adjusting your SoS ranking based on who you have already beaten, in which case your opponents have an extra 4 wins thanks to your own teams losses.

2016 NFL strength of schedule
That is before the season. But they have played the Browns and the Bears so it would be tough to see them as having the toughest schedule based on this year either. Although when you play a 15-1 team it sure helps your strength of schedule...:suds:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH OH, this former Browns GM likes Dak better than Wentz. Dak must be awful cause nobody w the Browns knows QB talent at all. Romo must start the rest of the way :D

Ex-NFL GM: Dak Prescott, not Jared Goff, should've been No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft
Apparently, Dak Prescott was taken 134 picks later than he should've been

If you need something to argue about with your family over the Thanksgiving holiday that doesn't involve politics, here's an idea: You can debate who should've been the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

As you probably already know by now, Rams quarterback Jared Goff was the top pick in April's draft. However, that's not the pick that former Brownsgeneral manager Michael Lombardi would've made if he had been running the Rams.

During a recent appearance on Fox Sports' Undisputed, Lombardi said that Dak Prescott, and not Goff, should've been the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

"You keep saying he's a fourth-round pick," Lombardi said as he spoke to panelist Shannon Sharpe, via the Dallas Morning News. "I say to you, he's no longer a fourth-round pick. He is a first-round pick, should've been the first pick overall in the draft. He's better than Carson Wentz, I don't deny that."

dak-prescott.jpg

Should Dak Prescott have been the top pick in the NFL Draft? Getty Images
After Lombardi insisted that Prescott should've been the top pick, Sharpe pointed out that Prescott has a lot of talent around him in Dallas and probably wouldn't be as good this year if he had been drafted by Los Angeles or Philadelphia.

"The reason I disagree with you on that is I think his uniqueness in terms of his leadership," Lombardi said. "He's got Russell Wilson-esque leadership ability to him. We just don't see it as much as we see it with Russell. If I was advising Jerry [Jones], three weeks ago, I would've said 'We're not going back [to Tony Romo].' This kid has unique leadership skills."

During the month of October, Jones was non-committal about Prescott's future. At the time, the Cowboys were unwilling to publicly commit to Prescott for the rest of the season.

As for Lombardi, who was canned in 2013 after one season as the Browns' general manager, he believes Prescott would've been successful with any team that drafted him.

"I think he is exactly the kind of player, if the Rams drafted him, you build your team around," Lombardi said. "That's what you're looking for because your best player has to set the intolerance for anything that gets in the way of winning and that's what Dak does."

In the end, Prescott ended up being the eighth quarterback taken in the draft and the 135th player overall. Needless to say, the Cowboys got a pretty good deal. Goff, Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Christian Hackenberg, Cody Kessler and Connor Cook were selected ahead of Prescott in April's draft.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH OH, this former Browns GM likes Dak better than Wentz. Dak must be awful cause nobody w the Browns knows QB talent at all. Romo must start the rest of the way :D

Ex-NFL GM: Dak Prescott, not Jared Goff, should've been No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft

If you need something to argue about with your family over the Thanksgiving holiday that doesn't involve politics, here's an idea: You can debate who should've been the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

As you probably already know by now, Rams quarterback Jared Goff was the top pick in April's draft. However, that's not the pick that former Brownsgeneral manager Michael Lombardi would've made if he had been running the Rams.

During a recent appearance on Fox Sports' Undisputed, Lombardi said that Dak Prescott, and not Goff, should've been the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

"You keep saying he's a fourth-round pick," Lombardi said as he spoke to panelist Shannon Sharpe, via the Dallas Morning News. "I say to you, he's no longer a fourth-round pick. He is a first-round pick, should've been the first pick overall in the draft. He's better than Carson Wentz, I don't deny that."

dak-prescott.jpg

After Lombardi insisted that Prescott should've been the top pick, Sharpe pointed out that Prescott has a lot of talent around him in Dallas and probably wouldn't be as good this year if he had been drafted by Los Angeles or Philadelphia.

"The reason I disagree with you on that is I think his uniqueness in terms of his leadership," Lombardi said. "He's got Russell Wilson-esque leadership ability to him. We just don't see it as much as we see it with Russell. If I was advising Jerry [Jones], three weeks ago, I would've said 'We're not going back [to Tony Romo].' This kid has unique leadership skills."

During the month of October, Jones was non-committal about Prescott's future. At the time, the Cowboys were unwilling to publicly commit to Prescott for the rest of the season.

As for Lombardi, who was canned in 2013 after one season as the Browns' general manager, he believes Prescott would've been successful with any team that drafted him.

"I think he is exactly the kind of player, if the Rams drafted him, you build your team around," Lombardi said. "That's what you're looking for because your best player has to set the intolerance for anything that gets in the way of winning and that's what Dak does."

In the end, Prescott ended up being the eighth quarterback taken in the draft and the 135th player overall. Needless to say, the Cowboys got a pretty good deal. Goff, Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Christian Hackenberg, Cody Kessler and Connor Cook were selected ahead of Prescott in April's draft.

In before PhoenixEagle discounts him for being a EX GM.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before PhoenixEagle discounts him for being a EX GM.

That guy must not have been one of the 25%'ers, but OP will come up with some other stance to make this fit his narrative! :crazy:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was one of the 6 execs in the other article...
I know and exactly why I said it. Its funny he says every GM, while only ONE was asked the question. For all we know that ONE was the Eagles GM.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dak-prescott.jpg

Man, Lombardi is such a fucking blowhard, implying he would have taken Dak with the top pick if he was GM of the Rams. No he wouldn't have. Just like he wouldn't have taken Wilson at the top of the draft in 2012 or Brady in 2000. Could anyone imagine the draft the draft day criticism those teams would have received if they drafted those guys that high? Of course, hindsight 20/20, but at the time whoever would have made those picks would have immediately been on the hot seat.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Lombardi is such a fucking blowhard, implying he would have taken Dak with the top pick if he was GM of the Rams. No he wouldn't have. Just like he wouldn't have taken Wilson at the top of the draft in 2012 or Brady in 2000. Could anyone imagine the draft the draft day criticism those teams would have received if they drafted those guys that high? Of course, hindsight 20/20, but at the time whoever would have made those picks would have immediately been on the hot seat.
If you read what he'ssaying you'd understand. He's not saying that if he had the 1st pick he would have picked him, he's saying in hindsight Dak is no longer a 4th round pick, hesplay better tgan anyone thought and would be the first pick today. Honestly it will take more than 10 games to know what Dak or any other QB is.I thought Wentz was the best QB in the Draft, but I didn't want Dallas to use the 4th pick in the draft on him. I didn't see any of the QBs worth a early pick. Wentz and Dak so far have proven that wrong.