• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak lost the game...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is like 15 other teams sitting at 0-1
woulda, coulda, shoulda

Dallas was literally a second or two away from winning. Bailey is incredible. 2 seconds would have us questioning the Giants and celebrating Dak. Dallas is just fine... especially in the NFCE.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judd Garrett lost the game, one of the worst coaches in the NFL, not quite the worst, until Jeff Fisher and Chuck Pagano get fired

Ive never seen a QB throw 45 times, but never be allowed to make what I would call an "Impact throw"......When you throw 45 times, and an all world receiver has one catch for 8 yards, that does and will ALWAYS fall on the guy calling the plays

If Beasley or Dez catch their passes in the first half for TDs, the Cowboys likely win that game and we would be praising how amazing Dak is and would be proclaiming the Cowboys the favorites in the NFCLeast.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas was literally a second or two away from winning. Bailey is incredible. 2 seconds would have us questioning the Giants and celebrating Dak. Dallas is just fine... especially in the NFCE.

This much is true. The guy is a freaking machine, but even if Williams got out of bounds the FG attempt would have been from 60+, a career high for Bailey and not exactly a gimmie. That said, I'd definitely take my chances with the best kicker in the league to win the game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO I think Bailey can break the record for longest FG
Yes he could, but it's no guarantee, as digested earlier in this thread. Had TW went straight to the marker, the FG would be about a 62 yarder, not easy for any kickee.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO I think Bailey can break the record for longest FG

He's the most accurate kicker in NFL history, so I wouldn't bet against him. Not sure what kind of leg strength he has but I'm told he routinely nails 60 yarders in practice. You hear that about every kicker in the league, but with him I believe it.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the flip side I would much rather see 88 or any other Cowboy running into the end zone for a TD

No offense to Dan I love watching him kick simply because him missing is such a rarity

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This much is true. The guy is a freaking machine, but even if Williams got out of bounds the FG attempt would have been from 60+, a career high for Bailey and not exactly a gimmie. That said, I'd definitely take my chances with the best kicker in the league to win the game.

Wasn't his 56 yarder in this game a redo after hitting from 46 and being penalized?

And didn't he make it with yards to spare?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't his 56 yarder in this game a redo after hitting from 46 and being penalized?

He did indeed. He's an absurd 74% from 50+, but that's still not a guarantee. The 56-yarder was a career long for him. That said, I'd be happy to take my chances with him at 60 and the game on the line.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beasley or Dez catch their passes in the first half for TDs, the Cowboys likely win that game and we would be praising how amazing Dak is and would be proclaiming the Cowboys the favorites in the NFCLeast.

Maybe, cant move the goal posts and assume the Giants automatically lose, of course they play it differently based on game situation

And I think we are using the word "Dropped" quite loosely......Sure Beasley should have caught that ball, but it was a poorly thrown high pass, that actually may have prevented him from scoring if he caught it

And Dez' "drop" was the definition of a jump ball, but again, I agree he should pull it in

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So never kicked anything as long as what that attempt would have been in a game?

So we are talking 60+ yards for a kicker who's 1-3 on kicks of 49+ yards in the final 10 seconds of halves/games. (0-3 over 51 yards in that situation).

Yeah I'd take a kick over a hail mary, I wouldn't expect it to be made by any kicker.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, cant move the goal posts and assume the Giants automatically lose, of course they play it differently based on game situation

And I think we are using the word "Dropped" quite loosely......Sure Beasley should have caught that ball, but it was a poorly thrown high pass, that actually may have prevented him from scoring if he caught it

And Dez' "drop" was the definition of a jump ball, but again, I agree he should pull it in

I'd consider both of them bad drops. The ball for Beasley should have been caught by just about any average WR in the NFL and the Dez ball was difficult but elite WRs need to haul those in.

Either way, the loss shouldn't be put on Dak. I think he played really well.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So never kicked anything as long as what that attempt would have been in a game?

So we are talking 60+ yards for a kicker who's 1-3 on kicks of 49+ yards in the final 10 seconds of halves/games. (0-3 over 51 yards in that situation).

Yeah I'd take a kick over a hail mary, I wouldn't expect it to be made by any kicker.

At least they'd have died with their boots on.

Indoors, on turf. His chances were better than middlin'.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they'd have died with their boots on.

Indoors, on turf. His chances were better than middlin'.

Would have been better to have a chance, but not better than 50/50, not close really. I mean you'd be asking him to do something he'd never done in any game, something only one person in the history of the league had ever done in the most clutch possible moment.

Figure Matt Bryant is the only guy to kick and make a 62+ yard field goal in a game winning moment. EVER.

5 for 40 or so in the past 20 years of 62 plus yards is the going rate. (3 of the makes were in Denver).

I get that he's got a great leg, so did the other guys who struggled for a sub 10% rate when not in the mountains. If he can kick that half the time in clutch situations, that puts him so far beyond everyone else it's not even debatable, call him "the leg", waive his 5 year HOF wait.

I'd also want to see him hit better than half over 51 yards in that situation to say he'd be better than half 10 yards deeper.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been better to have a chance, but not better than 50/50, not close really. I mean you'd be asking him to do something he'd never done in any game, something only one person in the history of the league had ever done in the most clutch possible moment.

Figure Matt Bryant is the only guy to kick and make a 62+ yard field goal in a game winning moment. EVER.

5 for 40 or so in the past 20 years of 62 plus yards is the going rate. (3 of the makes were in Denver).

I get that he's got a great leg, so did the other guys who struggled for a sub 10% rate when not in the mountains. If he can kick that half the time in clutch situations, that puts him so far beyond everyone else it's not even debatable, call him "the leg", waive his 5 year HOF wait.

I'd also want to see him hit better than half over 51 yards in that situation to say he'd be better than half 10 yards deeper.

Negative Nellie.....

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S'all right....

You're like playing tennis with a backboard, the ball always come back....

Haha, well that one is a really rare and really tough situation. No problem with having faith in your kicker, just showing you how unlikely it is.